Super Duber Mini Review - Kobato.

Topic started by JJOR64 on Aug. 14, 2010. Last post by JJOR64 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16

What's a Super Duper Mini Review? Well, since I'm taking a break from written reviews, I decided to put a short list of what I liked and didn't like about the shows I review and put down some notes and fun facts as well. For some info about the show like genre, plot summary, etc., I borrow some info from Anime News Network, Wikipedia, and of course our wiki here on Anime Vice.

Super Duper Mini Review

Kobato.
 Kobato.
Kobato. is an anime based on the ongoing manga of the same name, created by CLAMP.  There are 24 episodes produced by Madhouse and directed by Mitsuyuki Masuhara.  The show originally aired in late 2009 and finished in early 2010.

Genres: comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life

Plot Summary

Kobato is a girl who came to earth to fulfill her wish, which is to go to a certain place. To fulfill that wish, she has to find a bottle and fill it wich scarred hearts. Together with her "teacher", which is a stuffed animal, she search for the scarred hearts. However she may not fall in love with any person whom she cures the heart of.

Pros:
  • A charming cast of characters from the super cute Kobato to the long wolf type Fujimoto, it was a great cast.
  • Very colorful and vibrant world in Kobato.  From the characters to the settings, it's great.
  • A very cute and charming tone to the show that makes it light hearted and fun to watch.
  • An enjoyable happy ending.  Not sure if it's in the manga or not, but I liked it.
  • I guess this is a CLAMP thing, but it was neat to see other characters from other CLAMP works.

Cons:
  • Gets a little to dramatic with simple matters at times.

For people that are looking for a fun and charming comedy/slice of life show and don't mind the show being very cutesy often, I highly recommend this show.  While there is some romance, it really doesn't happen till the last few episodes so if you want to watch this for the romance, just be aware of it if you decide to dive in.

Never talk to strangers kids.
 Never talk to strangers kids.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobato. 
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10542

Don't forget to check out my ongoing blog for my Super Duper Mini Reviews and my written reviews.            :)
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
review has me interested. i'm gonna give it a look at based on this :P 
@AjayRaz:   The show does have a slow pace just to give you a heads up.  Other then that, it's a cute and charming show.
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@JJOR64: though i have a question. it's not too focused on fantasy, is it? i try to avoid overly dosed fantasy shows 
@AjayRaz:   It's in a real life setting, but there are some fantasy stuff here and there.  It's nothing major though.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel