Kimi ni Todoke Now Licensed

Topic started by Dream on July 1, 2011. Last post by matti00 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Dream (7,627 posts) See mini bio Level 21
If anyone is a fan of the anime adaptation of Kimi ni Todoke, I have some good news to report. NIS America just announced today at Anime Expo that they have snagged licensing rights to the first season of the series. The series will be released in two box sets with the first set coming out in October.
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I haven't seen it but was interested in watching it. Does NISA ever put their series on streaming sites? I'd like to check it out to see if it's worth a purchase but I reallllly don't wanna go the fansub route.

Post by Dream (7,627 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@sickVisionz: They do have a Youtube channel. But the channel only has trailers for video games that the company made. I recall Crunchyroll had streaming rights to the series back when it aired a couple years earlier. But it doesn't look like they stream the series anymore.
Post by matti00 (28 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I'm looking forward to this, gives me a good excuse to show my lady partner the show. I do highly recommend it, especially if you like slice of life, romance, and comedy stuff. I thought the art style was a bit of a hurdle to begin with, but after a couple of episodes I really liked it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel