K-On! Takes Over the Charts

Topic started by gia on April 24, 2009. Last post by HeeroYuy 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It wasn't very surprising to me when Lucky Star's Motteke! Sailor Fuku hit it big on Japan's music charts-- it was immensely catchy and had a little dance to go with it and everything.

I definitely didn't foresee the OP and ED theme for K-On! following in Lucky Star's footsteps, however. I mean, sure, the OP and ED were good...but I didn't remember them being all that amazing, or as I like to say, it didn't really stick with me all that much.

The ending song “Don't Say 'LAZY'” hit the #3 spot on the singles chart,while OP song “Cagayake! GIRLS” took #4. Both songs are sung by the series' four main characters' seiyuu-- that would be Aki Toyosaki (Minami-ke's Yoshino, Shugo Chara!'s Suu) as Yui Hirasawa, Minako Kotobuki (Hatsukoi Limited's Rika) as Tsumugi Kotobuki, Satomi Satou (Jigoku Shoujo's Yuzuki) as Ritsu Tainaka, and Youko Hikasa (Sketchbook ~full color'S~' Minamo) as Mio Akiyama.

For the record, Motteke! Sailor Fuku peaked at #2.

Here are clips of the OP and ED for your perusal. What do you think-- chart-toppers or no?

Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
It doesn't HAVE to be good. So long as KyoAni is involved somehow, it will sell. Also prease don say you ah razy.
Post by omo (113 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I think they're very good, and KyoAni name recognition is just icing. Do note, that both of these singles have super otaku merchandising engine behind them, with, what, 4 limited edition covers that you can get randomly? LOL.
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
ah, now I want them to make a 3 min PV for the ending song. Funny how Mio rock on in the ending song, even thoughts she the complete opposite in the show.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Agent_Lost: They may very well do that....although I don't remember if they ever did for Motteke.
Post by hipalbatross (74 posts) See mini bio Level 10
the songs are awesome
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Actually, the final episode of Luck Star had the full dance choreographic "Motteke!" but that all that I know. Guess, there a better chance to see the full song in the final episode.
Post by BloodRavyne (88 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I like the ED more. Mio is love! Plus that look she gives on 1:11 is hot :D.
Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I like the songs EXPECIALLY  "Don't say lazy"
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I have both on my mp3 player, and I think they're the first songs in a long while that I've actually listened to more than twice in a row without changing songs...
Post by Schwindelmagier (314 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I very much liked the both the opening AND ending for K-On! Very cute and catchy! ^^
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Actually as of a day or so ago these two songs just grabbed the Number 1 and 2 spots of the Oricon charts...
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel