Who is your favorite mangaka?

Topic started by Xero on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Schwindelmagier 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Xero (12 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Mine is Inoue Takehiko, loved all his work since slam dunk.
Post by oslapedo (66 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Mine is Hiromu Arakawa, the mangaka of Fullmetal Alchemist. Not only is her manga great but she's totally hilarious in all of her interviews and 4koma~
Post by Genshokage (10 posts) See mini bio Level 1
He is the guy that did Vagabond right? Man that was a great read

I think mine would be Hiroaki Samura, Blade of the Immortal
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Vagabond is amazing yes.

ANYWAY

HIROYA OKU

GANTZ
GANTZ
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Shorato Ishinomori not only because he brought us great characters like Cyborg 009, the Skull Man and 009-1.
But also because he built up pretty much most of the Tokusatsu genre you see today even the Power Rangers are his creation(stolen from him but still) :)
yep, he did vegabond.
Post by darkcyder (142 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Kuro said:
"Vagabond is amazing yes.

ANYWAY

HIROYA OKU

GANTZ
GANTZ
"
This statement is truth.
Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Surprised none of you have mentioned CLAMP yet, all four girls are amazing and if it wasn't for them I'm not sure if I would be as much into anime.

peach pit also ranks amongst mine

and an honorable mention for Kio Shimoku for attention to detail and one of my favorite stories
CLAMP is amazing, they are pretty high up on my list.
Post by Misaki (9 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Indeed, I'd have to say CLAMP is high on my list, too. I probably couldn't narrow it down to just one, but I can say that I'm also rather fond of Hajime Ueda (especially because of Q-Ko-Chan), as well as Oiwa Kendi for his work on the Welcome to the NHK adaptation. Also should probably include Urasawa Naoki since he's done a superb job with Pluto in my own opinion.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Clamp is cool i like how they make small refences in their manga`s about their other series
Like when  i saw that kero from Carcaptor sakura was reading about angelic Layer in volume 7 i didnt notice it till a few years after i bought it  XD
Post by oslapedo (66 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Oh how could I forget CLAMP? I third that ~
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
oslapedo said:
"Mine is Hiromu Arakawa, the mangaka of Fullmetal Alchemist. Not only is her manga great but she's totally hilarious in all of her interviews and 4koma~"
New Friend on site

Hiromu is an amazing writer, able to combine fun comic moments in a series as serious as FMA. Thats pure skill
Post by Ruby_Alexandrine (78 posts) See mini bio Level 2

My favorites are: Golgo 13 by Saito Takao, Benkei in New York by Jinpachi Mori and Jiro Taniguchi, Banana Fish by Akimi Yoshida, Me and the Devil Blues by Akira Hiramoto, From Eroica with Love by Yasuko Aoike, and Hotel Harbor View by Natsuo Serikawa and Jiro Taniguchi.

Me and the Devil Blues is a recent discovery and I am amazed at the plot and artwork.  Its simply impeccable and I highly recommend it to any reader who likes supernatural plots.  I love reading From Eroica with Love because its a blend of comedy, action, and violence.  My favorite from that series is Klaus Heinz von dem Eberbach.  Banana Fish is just tour de force.  When I finished reading all 19 volumes of the series, I needed to catch up my breath!

Post by Zorn (131 posts) See mini bio Level 5
keisuke itagaki
keisuke itagaki
Post by DarthRyu666 (26 posts) See mini bio Level 5
My Favorite Manga-Ka are:

Clamp
Peach-Pit
Kousuke Fujishima
Rei Hiroe
Yuu Watase
Arina Tanemura
Aoi Nanase
Kenichi Sonada
Ken Akamatsu
Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
Ozamu Tezuka 
Kia Asamiya
Masamune Shirow
Kio Shimoku
Azuma Kiyohiko
Oh Great!

I think that's it for now, unless more come to my mind.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Osamu Tezuka !

His works are simply Phenomenal

e.g. Astroboy

Even renowned as the Godfather of Animation
Post by liksang (7 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Nerx said:
"Osamu Tezuka !

His works are simply Phenomenal

e.g. Astroboy

Even renowned as the Godfather of Animation"
I'm gonna have to agree and up the old school manga stakes with an Katsuhiro Otomo (AKIRA), Kazou Koike and Goseki Kojima (lone wolf and cub.)  
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Kentarō Miura easily
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Ooh, I don't know I could just choose one...
From Osamu Tezuka to Ken Akamatsu....
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel