Which would prefer?Good art or good story

Topic started by buhssuht on April 28, 2010. Last post by Bigheart711 4 years, 4 months ago.
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Manga has look awesome, so art!!
  • No, You can't judge the book by its cover, so story
  • I don't care, I just want to see some harem with pantsu and bra
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
D. Its always one or the other or both :)
Post by Achilles (28 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Story always comes before the art imo
Post by Whiskeyjack (111 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I've found manga that has less than stellar artwork harder to get into perhaps since a strong visual appeal is a great hook. But if there isn't a good story, even the prettiest series can have difficulty holding my attention over the long run.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Definitely good story. While I do like art I must say that in my perspective the story is much more important than the art. I would choose good story over good art any day which is why I'm not bothered when I read a book with terrible art but a good story. 

ND
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Achilles said:
" Story always comes before the art imo "
Post by newave (102 posts) See mini bio Level 10
this is a tuff call....i guess i lean more to the story...but if i didn't care about art work i would just read a regular book.
Post by OmegaMekix (3,847 posts) See mini bio Level 16
To me it is easily a good story. Art and story work well together and may even help where one is lacking but story is more important. I can read a manga with terrible art as long as I am amazed by the story. In the end we tend to remember a story better than the art. Plus, a better artist can always be hired.
Post by sickVisionz (4,296 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I wanted to vote for B but then I remembered that I love Bleach so that threw the whole story > art thing out of the window.  I voted for C.
Post by sasuke0447 (174 posts) See mini bio Level 8

both
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Both really. If it has a good story but art was not fantastic i would be put off.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
c. as long as it has boobs, Art and Story are extras.
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
As long as it's characterization is good, and plot good then I am all set. I don't need the pretty picture's, they are just extra.
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
For me, the story makes it worth reading the manga or not. Art (in my opinion) does not really matter much, but when it comes to anime shows, the art does matter to me.

On the other hand, I do enjoy a good harem manga/anime show with a overload of ecchi within it.
Post by ReiKai (3,518 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Considering a number of Manga are based off light novels, the story is important regardless of imagery. Harem series are fun and do actually have decent/good and funny stories to them. But if all you wanted was imagery to salivate over, you should just find yourself some fresh hentai. Don't need much of a story for that.
Post by Sonata (35,427 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Kelleth said:
" D. Its always one or the other or both :) "

Post by Bigheart711 (3,988 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Normally, I'm more comfortable with the story unless it's a Hentai Manga.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel