Where Do You Read Your Manga?

Topic started by SuperBuster on July 20, 2010. Last post by Kou_Leifoh 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by SuperBuster (21 posts) See mini bio Level 6

What do you use?
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@SuperBuster: For future reference, remember NOT to post the names of the scanlation sites (it could get you banned). 
 I use the second one of the three options you named for my manga viewing. I have gone to Amazon and bought manga ( Rosario + Vampire) from them, but I am on a budget and can't afford to buy much. 

Do the right thing...buy your manga and help support the industry!
 Do the right thing...buy your manga and help support the industry!

Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I purchase most of my manga In Borders, And I'll sit there and read them in the coffee lounge. For those i can't get from borders I'll read It at one of the sites you listed above (not supposed to do that....)
Post by Roleplayer21 (75 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I used to get all my manga from a local Chapters. But  after being constantly ridiculed over and over again by the staff and customers I stopped giving them my money. I tried going to a few different places but the results were always the same and sometimes the selection was lacking, the price was too high or a combination of all these factors. Now I just torrent all my manga on the internet and read it in the comfort of my bean bag chair. Also, as a bonus, I can masturbate to the cute cartoon girls on the pages, a luxury that I could not indulge in at a public setting, for obvious reasons. 
Post by nanikore (9 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Roleplayer21 said:
" I used to get all my manga from a local Chapters. But  after being constantly ridiculed over and over again by the staff and customers I stopped giving them my money. I tried going to a few different places but the results were always the same and sometimes the selection was lacking, the price was too high or a combination of all these factors. Now I just torrent all my manga on the internet and read it in the comfort of my bean bag chair. Also, as a bonus, I can masturbate to the cute cartoon girls on the pages, a luxury that I could not indulge in at a public setting, for obvious reasons.  "
Truly a tear-jerking story.
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@nanikore: I Cried a little on the inside.
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Roleplayer21: beautiful story, roleplayer
Post by Roleplayer21 (75 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Thank you guys. I knew that this community wouldn't be like the assholes I've met in many other internet forums that I've frequented in the past. It took a lot of guts to tell that deeply personal tale and it really does warm my heart to see you guys empathizing with it. Once again, thanks for the concern and the kind words. 
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Roleplayer21 said:
" Thank you guys. I knew that this community wouldn't be like the assholes I've met in many other internet forums that I've frequented in the past. It took a lot of guts to tell that deeply personal tale and it really does warm my heart to see you guys empathizing with it. Once again, thanks for the concern and the kind words.  "
i'm glad there's people like you in this world who are willing to share such personal stories. god bless you. 
Post by SuperBuster (21 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Maybe I will buy my manga when I go to Japan but for now online manga reading is just too convenient, too free, and I can read the chapters as soon as they are translated.

By the way, why can't I post the names of scanlation sites?
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@SuperBuster: Its against the rules because scanlation sites are illegal and the staff of this site doesn't support it, i edited your post.
Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24
When I buy, I get it from Amazon.  Their 4-for-3 deal is really good.
Post by kira112 (1,066 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@ShadowKnight508: bought 7ofthem:p
Post by Kas (1,178 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Barnes & Nobles and Books-A-Million. The former has a greater selection.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
As the poor man I am, I read my stuff online.
Post by Kou_Leifoh (613 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I read the 26 chapters of High School of the Dead online. I don't have a lot of money, so I can't be buying manga. 

I use my money to purchase games. . . .GAMES! ! !

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel