Weekly One Piece: Chapter 664

Topic started by GodLen on April 18, 2012. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Last chapter we saw the outcome of what would happen if Sanji mind possessed Nami’s body, and it was glorious. Also Smoker’s and Tashigi got their minds switched, and we finally learned a little more about this arc’s major villain, Ceasar Clown. Let’s see just what happens this chapter.

THE GOOD

Not much happened in this chapter to the characters, yet a lot of information was dumped on us about the history of this island, and other important information. Basically Vegapunk was using this island for his experimentation, but something happened and it exploded, sending poison gas all around, leaving all the pirate test subjects cripples. Ceasar Clown comes around and fixes everything up using his gas gas fruit, and helps return the pirates back to help by replacing their legs with crazy floating hoverounds. Soon Law shows up and replaces those hoverounds with animal legs, and everyone is a winner.

Thats basically it, we learn more about “the worst generation”, that basically every bad incident for the last two years were caused by the Supernovas. But in the end we are given one final piece of info, that Ceasar was the one who set off the bomb on the island, and has issued the death of the Straw Hats and everyone else who managed to land on this island.

THE BAD

A lot of this information we have already learned before, or figured it out on our own, but it’s nice to finally get some real explanation. I also don’t really like the little masks the Straw Hats have to wear in order for us and them to not get confused. Though I understand why they do it, this is a kids manga after all, so it might get confusing for those young ones, and for those who might pick up the manga every now and then.

THE VERDICT 3/5

This chapter was saved by the appearance of Ceasar Clown near the end of it; he’s a creepy looking guy, I’m loving it. So I’m not sure how Law’s personality switch works, but Law has Smoker’s heart, so he will have to get it back in order for them to return back to normal. But before that I feel that Ceasar will send his men after the Straw Hats. This is going to be a very interesting fight seeing as this enemy fights with poison gas. I wonder if Don Krieg got his gas from this facility?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I love this color page
I love this color page

Huh, wondering if Law's crew have been poison by Ceasar. (That probably why Law is working for him)

I love the speech that Smoker did (what he said was pretty much true)

I like the little masks, its funny (but I don't need the mask to tell them apart)

So, is Ceasar teaming up with the Joker LOL! (maybe Batman will come and team up with Smoker)

Huh, so the samurai name is Kinemon The Will O Wisp (Make sense)

I guessing the Gas-Gas Fruit is a logia-type

Sadly, next week is Golden week (so we have to wait for the next chapter)

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25

We also learned that Tashigi has a pretty impressive bust. It was funny to see Smoker just opened her shirt. Surprising that she doesn't wear a bra.

I don't think Don Krieg could have gotten his gas there. He would have had to reach the New World, and his crew was wiped out by Mihawk soon after entering the Grand Line.

It was interesting that Ceasar Clown called someone to get permission to kill both the Straw Hats and the G-5. Could he have called someone in the Marines? He's obviously working for someone. Perhaps Fleet-Admiral Sakazuki.

I've been seeing a lot of contradicting versions of the name for Ceasar Clown. I've also seen Caesar Clown.

Post by LordTerminal (69 posts) See mini bio Level 6

So his Devil's Fruit is gas? Oh boy, I just know Oda's going to shove some fart jokes in there with this guy.

Post by tximinoman (57 posts) See mini bio Level 6

logia-type, cool, maybe we see how haki works and how Luffy's going to fight this kind of enemies from now on

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,906 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I didn't realize that revealed Caesar Clown abilities that soon I gas a Gas-Gas fruit would make sense but how would that be different than Smoker's Smoke-Smoke fruit? I think Caesar's Powers may have come from the gas explosion he set off 4 years ago.

Btw can someone please tell me if Trafalgar is good or evil in this whole Arc?

Post by tximinoman (57 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Gas-Gas fruit, Poisonous-Gas I guess, Smoker's just smoke. Just like Ace was Fire and Akainu was Magma

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Trafalgar's most likely still good. He hasn't actually been shown to kill anyone, he merely switched the hearts of the strawhats. His dislike for Smoker is obviously because Smoker works for the Government and he is a pirate after all. Luffy didn't seem too surprised to see Smoker near dead either which means he probably doesn't care much for government officials either. Trafalgar and Luffy still had good banter, I can only assume that Caeser Clown does have Trafalgar's crew captive.

I like the theory that he's working for Akainu. It would certainly make Akainu seem more evil and set him up to be a real contender for main antagonist. Maybe the reason why Akainu and Aokiji fought on the island was because Akainu knew Caser Clown was on the island and Aokiji was trying to stop him?

Overall I thought this was a good chapter. I liked how Ceaser Clown was deceiving everyone and I liked his appearance.

Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Caesar Clown finally! He looks so sinister.... though Law just disappeared in this chapter. They didn't even show the fight.

Now I am interested to see a Logia vs. Haki if ever Luffy fights Caesar Clown.

Post by taichokage (15,440 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That Akainu/Caesar alliance theory seems sound, but the chance that Sakazuki would be the main antagonist over Teach is a bit of a stretch I think. Really they are both powerful enough and authoritive enough and have negatively influenced Luffy enough where either could turn out to be the final antagonist, but Teach seems more likely, mostly because his goal is the same as Luffy's, and because he is darkness, which always warrants a high possibility for top bad guy.
Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,906 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ohgodwhy: That's good because I probably would have stopped reading One Piece all together for..EVER!!! XD jk jk I have a feeling you are right he hasn't done anything that screams he is evil, he willing pointed Luffy to the direction of his friends. But I get this overwhelmingly sense that he is a lot darker than we think from the fact that they are calling Luffy's generation the worst because everything bad that has happen was because of one of them also he is a War Lord know and must of the War Lords seem to be evil (at least at first)

Btw anyone have any theories what the hell Law is going to do with Smoker's heart in a box? Does he have a collection of boxed hearts, is he going to experiment on it, will he just toss it aside?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:

But I get this overwhelmingly sense that he is a lot darker than we think from the fact that they are calling Luffy's generation the worst because everything bad that has happen was because of one of them

Of course Luffy's generation is the worst. Luffy destroy Enies Lobby and set free dangerous prisoners from Impel Down. Kid and his crew kill tons of people and destroy Big Mam's ship. Basil Hawkins chop off Brownbeard legs and leave him for dead. Law cut out the hearts of one hundred pirates and sent them to the government. Blackbeard is going around the New World stealing Devil Fruit powers.

Btw anyone have any theories what the hell Law is going to do with Smoker's heart in a box? Does he have a collection of boxed hearts, is he going to experiment on it, will he just toss it aside?

Law will probably black mail Smoker into helping beat Ceasar or black mail him to make sure that he won't lose his Warlord title (Law said in Chapter 663 to Luffy "We both have something we want to get back")

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel