Weekly One Piece: Chapter 647

Topic started by GodLen on Nov. 24, 2011. Last post by Om1kron 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. There is no better way to celebrate eating than reading One Piece because it features our favorite manga cook and our bottomless stomach of a captain. Last time the Straw Hats mopped the floor using the bad guy’s faces. Now it is all on Luffy’s shoulders. Will he be able to stop Noah in time?

THE GOOD

Everyone’s victory celebration is soon cut short when they realize that there is a gigantic ship falling from the sky, and only one man’s fist are standing between it and total annihilation. Everyone has put their faith in Luffy, and this chapter is filled to the brim with people begging him to destroy the ship.

The funny thing is that he almost did it, that Luffy kid almost destroyed a ship the size of an island by punching it to death, crazy. But he was stopped short by crybaby Princess. Suddenly out of nowhere the Sea Kings from the first One Piece opening showed up and stopped it from falling. They came because they felt the Princess’s desire to help Luffy, so they decided to come and help him as well. The island is saved, Luffy get’s the girl, Zoro is shirtless--does it not get any better than this?

THE BAD

Hey Sea Kings, the party started 3 hours ago! Where the hell have you been. Not only could they have eaten Hody, but stopped the ship a long time ago. Now the ship has a bunch of holes in it and is probably not fit to ride in anymore. Though it was on the bottom of the sea, so there was probably something wrong with it in the first place.

THE VERDICT 3/5

To me I would say this chapter is about average. I feel like I should rate it better, but I also feel like the Sea Kings sudden intervention is sort of a copout. Yes he did introduce her powers earlier on in the arc, but I think it might have been better if Luffy and the Sea Kings worked together to help take away the ship. It was almost as if Luffy wasn’t needed in the first place. Either way this battle is now officially over, and the Straw Hats can now head off to bigger and better things.

Post by sergio (84 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Good chapter cant wait for the next one

Post by Username_Undefined (89 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I called this as soon as the threat of Noah falling was revealed. Even so, I still enjoyed the chapter and can't wait to see Hody's reaction.

Post by Om1kron (141 posts) See mini bio Level 7

So glad that this arc has finally come to an end.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,841 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I wonder at this the Straw Hats are so strong and completely over powered at the moment how overpowered are the upcoming enemies going to be to provide a challenge. I get that this was just to show off their new powers but seriously that took care of the Fishman like it was nothing who can pose as threat to them at this point XD

Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The bird-like Sea King is from the first opening! That is a little nostalgic. That SK finally made its appearance! The thing is if she used it in the first place, Luffy didn't need to destroy that ship. But this is how it goes. I can't wait to see them go out to the surface. I hope Jinbei join the Straw Hats.

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Am i the only one surprised to find out that the sea kings are sentient?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,240 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@ninjadude853:

Am i the only one surprised to find out that the sea kings are sentient?

Yes you are, since all the animals in One Piece are sentient. The animals just are unable to talk like humans, in normal ways (so is not that surprising)

The chapter was pretty cool (not the best)

@GodLen:

Hey Sea Kings, the party started 3 hours ago! Where the hell have you been.

The Sea king have to travel from the Calm Belt to Fishman Island, it probably would take them three hours to just get there

Well I about 99.98% sure that Jinbei will join the crew (or Hody will LOL!)

He look so good with them
He look so good with them
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

@Destinyheroknight:

I don't really get the feeling that anyone will join the Straw Hats during this arc. I just haven't picked up any hints on anyone getting on the ship. Though I think a merman crew member would be a cool thing to have. Now that I think about it I really hope I'm wrong.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,240 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@GodLen:

Well they kind of been small hints that Jinbei might join the crew (but I might be looking way into it)

I have five reasons Jinbei might join (I still not 100% about it)

1. The Straw Hats don't have a official Helmsman, Jinbei have been shown to be a very good Helmsman in the flashback and doing the war
  2. I remember Oda saying that a Boss character will join the crew (we all know that Jinbei is a boss)
  3. Doing this arc, Jinbei was always in the group shots with the Straw Hats
  4. Jinbei promise Ace, he would protect Luffy
  5. And also this was on the cover of volume 64
Post by ouchmydragonballs (41 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I think that Jinbei will join the crew. I feel his reason will because of the bounty he has on his head, Jinbei's the type of guy who doesnt want to indanger people. The only reason why he stayed on fishman island was to wait for Luffy
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,640 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I like that Luffy wasn't the one who ended all the danger with his power for the change. Having the Sea Kings stop the Noah is a good touch. We saw a lot of those Sea Kings when the crew first entered the Calm Belt.

Post by Om1kron (141 posts) See mini bio Level 7

oh man the newest issue, I hope it happens.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel