Weekly One Piece: Chapter 646

Topic started by GodLen on Nov. 17, 2011. Last post by GIRUGAMESH 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

It has been forever since the last time we read One Piece, hasn’t it? Well what felt like forever, it’s crazy how much your life can change in a week, and I’m glad it’s back. Chopper has entered his berserk form last chapter, but didn’t go berserk, so I can only assume that what ever happens this chapter is going to be good. Will fish be back on the menu courtesy of the Straw Hats? Let’s find out.

THE GOOD

Yes, fish is definitely on the menu tonight thanks to our pirate friends. This was a very interesting chapter, mainly because it showed us all of the Straw Hats defeating the fishmen pirates at once. It didn’t even give us a place to breath, just one after another falling to their new powers and new finishing moves. Chopper has truly evolved with his new ability to control his berserk form. This now puts him as one of the true heavy hitters of the team, not only because of this new strength, but his versatility. Also brook has shown us that with his ice sword he too can be the swordsmen of the group and not totally be over looked.

The others on the other hand are pretty much more of the same Usopp still shooting crazing things, but with added plants in the mix. Franky now has a laser beam, which is a nice replacement to his air cannon. Sanji can now set his entire body on fire do to his rage against the queers, which is actually really amusing. Finally Zoro still slices things up with his three swords, typical Zorro.

THE BAD

I think Oda was trying something new this arc by showing everyone’s fight at once instead of concentrating on one fight and then moving on to the next. I appreciate him doing something new, but I really did not like this method of storytelling. I just didn’t get emotionally attached to any of these fights because we all knew the Straw Hats could not loose, being that the main purpose of these fights were to show us just how powerful they became. Basically the purpose of this arc was for the Straw Hats to show off and flex their muscles. It all accumulated to this chapter where too much happened at once. Hopefully next time they go to battle they fight worthy opponents. Hell, this arc might have been better pre time skip when the fishman might have had a fighting chance.

THE VERDICT 3/5

As mentioned above I wish this was handled better, but it’s nice to see the Straw Hats getting better at what they do, well at least the Straw Hats boys. In a few chapters this war will be finished and then we will have another few chapters for the customary celebration with dancing animals, and then a few for good byes.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,644 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

It's weird that this hasn't had any comments on it. These articles normally do pretty well. Looks like they're closing down this arc.

They can't have these Fish-men putting up too good of a resistance. It would have undermined the crews improvements. Next arc we are more likely going to see more challenge. This is more about showing off their growth.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,882 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Online Now

I am the only one who thought that Sanji new ability, setting himself on fire because he is so much at the gays, may come off extremely inappropriate and homophobic XD

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,330 posts) See mini bio Level 12

If this was an american comicbook an homophobic Sanji would have totally meant the end of this manga or atleast a BIG LOSS of viewership.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@MrASSH0LE: @Lobos_Del_Rayo:

Dudes the Okama try to pretty much rape Sanji for two years, he didn't have a problem with Bon Clay or Emporio Ivankov. He only have the problem with the Okama who chase him around the island with nets for two years

Also some of the Okama isn't gay, they just like to dress up like women

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21

An awesome chapter, I love all of there attacks

This was my reaction to there awesome attacks

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,203 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@FoxxFireArt said:

It's weird that this hasn't had any comments on it. These articles normally do pretty well. Looks like they're closing down this arc.

They can't have these Fish-men putting up too good of a resistance. It would have undermined the crews improvements. Next arc we are more likely going to see more challenge. This is more about showing off their growth.

It may be because some people are sick of 3/5 or 4/5 scores.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel