Weekly One Piece: Chapter 628

Topic started by GodLen on June 16, 2011. Last post by ninjadude853 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Last chapter of One Piece, which was way too long ago, has finally come out. The giant flashback we all were thrust into has finally finished, and we all now truly understand the plight of the fishmen. This leaves us with Hodi and his gang of hooligans. What will the Straw Hats do about this gentlemen? I’m sure Luffy’s fists are going to play a roll in all of this for sure.

THE GOOD

The past was bad, but the present isn’t looking much better. Everyone is still stepping on the Queen’s image, and Hodi is on the television telling everyone that he is going to be king. Well Hodi, there is only one suited to be king, and that is Simba of course. Hodi has King Neptune hostage (thanks to Zoro) and tells everyone that he will be executed in three hours time. But this is not all, also Zoro, Brook, and Usopp will be executed as well, along with anyone who signed the Queen’s petition.

Of course those three stuck in the cage are not taking their situation serious (I don’t blame them!) I mean seriously, you are with Zorro, I’m sure he could just snap those chains if he wanted. However, like any good captain, Luffy is going to go save his crew, and asks Sanji to stay back to watch the princess. Jinbe does not want any of it, and tells them not to interferer because a fishman must stop a fishman problem. Luffy will have nothing of it, and tells Jinbe that if he wants to stop him, he’d better put his money where his mouth is and fight him!

THE BAD

I don’t quite understand why these two have to fight. I would think Jinbe would know that Luffy would do anything to save his friends, and stopping him is close to impossible. I don’t see why a grudge against humans has anything to do with Luffy saving his friends. Stop fighting, this is what Hodi wants!

THE VERDICT 4/5

Humor and drama mixed well together within this chapter, a strong suit of One Piece. I’m sad to see Luffy and Jinbe fight, but a fight is a fight and Luffy can not loose against his has been. Though maybe Sanji might step in and take out Jinbe while Luffy goes to rescue his friends. We just might have a real fight on our hands next chapter!

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@GodLen said:

I don’t quite understand why these two have to fight. I would think Jinbe would know that Luffy would do anything to save his friends, and stopping him is close to impossible. I don’t see why a grudge against humans has anything to do with Luffy saving his friends. Stop fighting, this is what Hodi wants!

I think the reason that jinbei doesn't want luffy to go is because luffy might have to fight hodie in the process of saving his friends is that if a human beats up a fishman its basically going to perpetuate the stereotype that all humans are an evil race who want to harm fishmen, thus jinbei is trying to stop luffy from playing right into hodies hands, but  luffy wont go down without a fight
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Haofan123 said:
@GodLen said:

I think the reason that jinbei doesn't want luffy to go is because luffy might have to fight hodie in the process of saving his friends is that if a human beats up a fishman its basically going to perpetuate the stereotype that all humans are an evil race who want to harm fishmen, thus jinbei is trying to stop luffy from doing that, but knows that luffy wont go down without a fight
Yep. That's it exactly. I'm not sure how you missed that Godlen... he pretty much says it out loud
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,260 posts) See mini bio Level 14
dang i sense a little hostility towards jinbei in this review dont hate lol
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,226 posts) See mini bio Level 21

How did they catch Zoro, did I miss something?

@Destinyheroknight: Probably a combination between the fact that he was still underwater last we saw him (and needed to breath) and how Hodi had just popped his super steroid pills.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,226 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@ninjadude853:

But Zoro = Chuck Norris, that shouldn't be a handicap for Zoro LOL! (Thanks for the info, I thought I miss a chapter)

@Destinyheroknight: You Fool! Zoro does not = Chuck Norris

Zoro is GREATER THAN Chuck Norris.
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
This chapter should be 5/5 there was really nothing wrong
Post by Killroycantkill (70 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This is turning into the latest chapters of Ippo. I feel like I have enough back-story already and i just want to see everyone do nuts with their new powers. Also bring back mind reading mermaid. She was pretty hot.

Post by Dreamer (114 posts) See mini bio Level 9
 Is this fan Art or Something Else of  Shirahoshi because i found it wen reading the manga  in page 21
Post by Lambwisegamgee (23 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ninjadude853: I love Zoro but NO ONE is greater then Chuck Norris!

@lambwisegamgee: Chuck Norris< Bruce Lee, Zoro, Luffy, Kamina, Lordgenome, Simon, Batman, Wolverine, Roy Mustang, Malcolm Reynolds, Han Solo, Killerbee, The Fourth Raikage, The Fourth Hokage, Itachi, Urahara, Yamamoto, Master Cheif, Commander  Shepard, Urdnot Wrex, Garrus Vakarian, Mordin Solus, Whitebeard, Mihawk, Monkey D. Dragon, Shanks, Grunt, Sergeant Johnson, Anyone on Noble Team besides Kat, Jeremiah Gottwald, Domon Kasshu, That guy from Black Lagoon who can cut bullets in half, Deadpool, Magneto, The Operative, Optimus Prime, Red Lantern Guy Gardner, Sodam Yat, Doomsday, Jiraiay

LOL.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel