Weekly One Piece: Chapter 627

Topic started by GodLen on June 3, 2011. Last post by Kurohige 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

It appears that our little romp in fish land is soon coming to a finish, or so I hope. Last chapter we all saw what we knew was coming, the Queen has been assassinated. For what reasons? We don’t really know, but perhaps this chapter will clue us in.

THE GOOD

Within a few seconds of the shot, they have already found the shooter. And surprise surprise it is a human. Jinbe wants to hide this from everyone to help keep the Queen’s ideals alive, but it is Hodi Jones that tells everyone the truth, that the humans did it and that humans suck. The King is pissed, and has to be locked away before he rips something apart. He knows more than anyone that this has just put an end to everything the queen has been working for this entire time.

During her funeral her sons tell the world that her ideas will live on through them, and they will travel to the surface for “reverie”, the chance to tell the world of their dream. Thusly the story of this flashback has finished. Luffy of course is sleeping, and Sanji is still pissed, but Nami understands, and everyone gets along in the end.

We learn that Hodi has plans to stop this year’s group of fishmen from entering reverie, thusly stopping them from leaving the sea. Unlike Arlong, Hodi has no problem hurting fishmen in order to get what he wants. At the end of the chapter we see Hodi begin a broadcast about his plans for world domination, or something of that sort.

THE BAD

I really can’t complain about this chapter, it was just completely filled with so much information that I can’t think of anything else.

THE VERDICT 4/5

So here is my prediction, I think the human that shot the queen was actually planted there by Hodi, because Hodi was among the first people to find him. I guarantee this is all Hodi’s doing for sure. We have a break next week, but I’m sure the next time we will finally see the Straw Hats loose their cool and confess their intentions to beat the hell out of the Hodi gang.

Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10
BEST FLASHBACK EVER!!! T-T I hope Jinbei joins the Straw-hat, or Hachi...
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

One Piece always have the best flashback of the HST

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,449 posts) See mini bio Level 14

we have three possibilities  
1. Jinbei joins the Strawhats(the highest possibilty) 
2. Mermaid Princess joins them(A little high because of that prophecy) 
3. both join(would be awesome and epic but not very high chance)
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Hodi's not the one that planted the sniper. Decken is! it was all part of his diabolical plot to touch the princess. The fact that he hired (or framed) a human was pure coincidence.
Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10
What did Nami mean when she said he has a similar background with Princess Shirahoshi?
Is it their experiences? Or somehow related since they have similar looks?
Post by ouchmydragonballs (41 posts) See mini bio Level 8
^ its cuz both of their moms were killed by chotchs.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

@ninjadude853: Yeah that could be it! I didn't realize that, but he did help her after the Queen was shot.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,000 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now
Jinbei and the King have the MANLIEST TEARS EVER!!!!!!
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It would be amazing if Jinbe joined the crew, though i could also see Shirohoshi joining aswell.
Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I think Nami will turn out to be part mermaid. I was kinda disappointed  to find out the killer was just a random  human and no one really important that would become relevant to the story. I think that would have made it more interesting and dramatic.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel