Weekly One Piece: Chapter 601

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 22, 2010. Last post by Sogeman 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Welcome to One Piece chapter 601 everyone! 601 chapters have already passed and it doesn’t even feel like we are anywhere near the finish line. One Piece truly is this generation’s epic. Anyways, last time the Straw Hats have finally decided it was time to sail away and start their adventure by meeting up at grove #42. Will they have smooth sailing, or will the marines crash their reunion?
==TEASER==

The Good

Before the fake Luffy--whose real name is actually “Three-Tounged Demalo Black”--can punish the real Luffy for getting in their way, the marines arrive to arrest them all. By the way, I hope to god in the future we don’t learn that Demalo’s real name isn’t “Three-Tongued D. Emalo Black” or something along those lines. Anyways, because these pirates have the combined IQ of 6, a fight almost instantly breaks out, resulting in an attack by the insanely powerful Pacifistas. Demalo attempts to escape, but is stopped by more Pacifistas and Sentomaru himself. Sentomaru is the only person with intelligence here, and quickly disposes of Demalo seeing him as the fake he is. I know we have all been waiting for Luffy to take him out, but this works just as nicely.

However, Sentomaru knows the real Luffy is present, and quickly sends his goons after him. Luffy then shows us the results of his training, defeating a Pacifista all by himself with one hit. Zoro and Sanji then show up, and defeat another Pacifista with one hit as well. They have truly become monsters. Luffy notices Rayleigh watching the battle and thanks him for his two years of training. Then he drops the Pirate King line, which we haven’t heard in quite some time. You go girl.

The Bad

Has anyone told you that you are using the ax wrong Sentomaru? You could have just cut off Demalo’s head and been done with it, isn’t that the point of carrying an ax in the first place? It doesn’t matter now I suppose, he will suffer in Impel Down.

The Verdict 3/5

This is killing me! They have almost formed their crew, but haven’t yet. I feel like this is being a little drawn out, but I’m sure it will be worth it in the end. However, before Luffy and the others can move on they must defeat Sentomaru first. I’m sure he won’t be a problem for them now, but you never know, he may use his ax the right way this time.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
"STRAWHAT ISN'T SOME PIECE OF SHIT LIKE YOU!!!!"

I never liked Sentamaru before this line. Now he's awesome to me (though i do agree that Luffy should have been the one to take down the fake)

It was nice to see the Pacifistas get curbstomped, especially since they were the ones who kicked the crews ass in the first place.
Post by adoggz (210 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I'm bummed that Sanji and Zoro had to share a pasifesta, that zoro seems to constantly look weaker than luffy, i suppose that hit he gave woulda been enough to kill one. He shouldn't have to share with that sanji.
Post by ChrisTobin (17 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Well it's clear that both Zoro and Sanji's hit's would've been enough to KO the bot, but I see what you mean that by having to share it makes them look significantly inferior.
Post by Solitaire (37 posts) See mini bio Level 9
 Amazing.

Exactly what I've been hoping to see, our first look at the crew's new skills.

Zoro is now capable of cutting the Pacifistas and Sanji can break them without hurting his foot!

The impostor crew has FINALLY been taken care of, AND we get to see another glimpse of Luffy's skills!

It looks like he can now focus his Gear Second into specific parts of his body, in this case, just his left arm, not to mention the fact that he is now fast enough to dodge the pika pika no mi lasers.

He also seems to have out grown the need to pump his legs in order to achieve Gear Second, as he turned it on simply by saying it.

As for Zoro and Sanji "sharing" the Pacifista, I don't see it that way. 

Clearly their skills have evolved to the point where they could each single-handedly defeat a Pacifista robot. I think their "sharing" was actually each of them attempting to take out the Pacifista first, as per their usual pig-headed rivalry. I think having them both attack the same robot was a nice way of reminding everyone that Zoro and Sanji are just as competitive and hot tempered as ever.

With all but the last of the loose ends tied up, I have nothing but high hopes for the events of next weeks chapter. 

The reunion of the Straw-hats, the re-match with Sentoumaru, and, of course, their departure for Fish Man Island!!
Post by Wraxend (32 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I laughed so hard when Zoro told Luffy he was number 9.

Post by adoggz (210 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Solitaire:
yeah, I can see the point about zoro and sanji being competative by sharing the pasifesta.

@Wraxend:  thats a great point. We have definitive proof that Zoro is number 1. YEAH!!
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25
This was better than it has been going. It was nice seeing Luffy in some action. It's far more impressive seeing Luffy's first strike against someone who was thought to be stronger. 

You know, I realized that the Pacifista would make a good story tool to reveal the new bounties for the whole Straw Hat crew. That is if only Luffy got a new bounty.

Zoro and Sanji may have hit it together, but Zoro cut it clear in half. He didn't need Sanji's help. I loved how Luffy took a PX cyborg out with just a Gum-Gum Pistol infused with Haki. Just imagine what Bazooka and Rifle will do?

@Wraxend said:
"

I laughed so hard when Zoro told Luffy he was number 9.

"
That was a great moment. Zoro is loving it being the first for once.
Post by Solitaire (37 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@FoxxFireArt:
"I loved how Luffy took a PX cyborg out with just a Gum-Gum Pistol infused with Haki."
He was using Gear Second too.
Post by Sogeman (22 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@FoxxFireArt: 

They already mentioned it over the last chapters. Once again in 601.
Unless of course they faked that too. Though I guess all the guys that fell for it are intelligent enough to read a wanted poster.
@Sogeman: 
I'm talking about how the PX cyborgs say aloud bounties. We already know Luffy's from a while ago, but what about the others? There is a chance every one else had a bounty increase.
Post by Nirvana (9 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I enjoyed Sanji & Zoro sharing the same pacifista. It shows their rivalry. Luffy was badass, and it looks like the crew is finally ready for the new world. I wonder how far the other nova's have come. Even they had trouble with pacifista's in the past.

@FoxxFireArt: If their bounties have went up it wont be by much.
Post by Phyllo (4 posts) See mini bio Level 12
awesome
@Nirvana: 
Growth in the bounties is still growth. Though, I'm surprised by how much Luffy's grew by. For all that happened since his bounty was raised. I was expecting more. I'm more looking forward to seeing Nami's bounty.

I'm not sure how high I should get my hopes up for next chapter. I really want to see the crew all together and have a great reunion with Luffy.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@FoxxFireArt: 
Personally I don't think the others have raised bounties yet, none of them did anything during the war that would draw the governments attention (other than Franky, but they don't know it was him). Although there is a possibility they rose simply by their association with Luffy.

All that said, I'm confident their bounties will all get a significant boost by the end of the next arc (or at the very least, get their pictures updated). I just don't think it's happened yet.
@ninjadude853: 
They weren't involved in the war, but they were involved in the striking of the Celestial Dragon.
Post by Sogeman (22 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@FoxxFireArt said:
" @Sogeman:  I'm talking about how the PX cyborgs say aloud bounties. We already know Luffy's from a while ago, but what about the others? There is a chance every one else had a bounty increase. "
If the got an increase it can't be that much. They didn't really do anything.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel