Weekly Naruto: Chapter 583

Topic started by GodLen on April 20, 2012. Last post by TheNobody 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Right now we are head first into Kabuto’s emotional flashback, which can only mean that his death is not too far away. We have known little about this villain, his life outside of Orochimaru has been a mystery, never truly understanding where his allegiance lies. Let us see how this character has evolved.

THE GOOD

Not that I expected it to be over last chapter, but we are still stuck in a Kabuto flashback. I’m not saying that is a bad thing, because Kabuto is a very important character in this series, so it’s important to understand the reason behind his actions. Kabuto interest in becoming a shinobi was first sparked in him through medical ninjitsu, so deep down he only wanted to help others. However, he soon was snatched up by the Root organization to become a spy, where in the end he was forced to kill the woman he called mother. God, has Danzo ever done anything nice to anyone? In the end we see Kabuto and Orochimaru meet up, so next chapter we will probably see their story I’m assuming.

It’s funny now that I think about it, it wasn’t Orochimaru that really forced Kabuto to become an evil bastard. No, it was Root that was really the cause of it. Sure Orochimaru mentioned to Kabuto that he would make great shinobi, but that didn’t turn him to the dark side.

THE BAD

Even though I can understand that there are a few of you that would like the story to return back to the war, I am genuinely enjoying this story. Perhaps it’s due to a fallback to older times, when the ninja world was less about giant monsters, and more about actually being ninjas.

THE VERDICT 4/5

I enjoyed this chapter, but this flashback must end in the next chapter or else it will have a danger of dragging on. What I want to know is how this cute little boy can then become so evil to resurrect the dead, causing a world war?

Post by Lurkero (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7

What's an anime death without a pre-death flashback to FINALLY reveal character motives. Its not like Kabuto first appeared early in the Naruto series and somehow came back as someone so powerful he could battle 2 ultra Uchiha at one time and not be immediately killed. There's no way it would take over 500 chapters to finally see why this character exists...

Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Good chapter. Kabuto has long been one of my favorite characters so it's nice to find out more about his background, although to to be honest none of it has been particularly interesting to me. He's your standard shonen I was really just a lonely/sad child bad guy that I'm pretty tired of seeing. The parts I do like are Danzo (one of my favorite Naruto characters) being a hardass and seeing more Orochimaru (my favorite Naruto character). If next week is a flashback as well, it should be pretty awesome for me since it will likely be Kabuto's fall to the dark side (which I always like to see) and him and Orochimaru kicking ass and taking names.

@Lurkero: I don't think I've ever seen you post a positive statement in these articles. If you hate the series so much, why do you continue to read it and check out articles about it? Just to troll? You know that's against the rules of the site, right?

Post by Lurkero (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@sickVisionz said:

@Lurkero: I don't think I've ever seen you post a positive statement in these articles. If you hate the series so much, why do you continue to read it and check out articles about it? Just to troll? You know that's against the rules of the site, right?

How is it trolling if I just state the truth?

Besides, I like anime because of the cool characters and action scenes. Its rare that I am intrigued with a plot beyond being able to laugh at how ridiculous they typically are. I don't hate the series, but poking fun at Naruto helps me get past the plot to enjoy the action.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,173 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Finally, there is a villain flashback in Naruto that I enjoy. (but it still not the best flashback, it right behind the New Fishmen Pirates) Now, I rooting for him (kill the Uchiha brothers)

Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10

So we finally know how he and Orochimaru met. I wonder how they will conspire each other after this.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Pretty good chapter I thought, though Kishi probably should have paced the action in the manga a little differently. I disagree with the idea of 3 major battles going on and having to pause it all to have flashbacks, it just makes it feel a bit disjointed IMO. All the same, good flashback, something about Kabuto wearing all those different headbands that really hit me.

4/5

Post by doomsilver (2 posts) See mini bio Level 8
itachi shouldn't die again he was awesome and kabuto really was cool
Post by lEdZePeLiNED (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

cool.

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Notice how every time a villain in Naruto are about to die their story is revealed... 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel