Weekly Naruto: Chapter 580

Topic started by GodLen on March 29, 2012. Last post by Roldan 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Itachi and Dr. Snakes have just confronted Kabuto, who we all thought was going to be a pushover; I mean there are few men alive in the Naruto world that can take these two monsters on at once. We are all wrong. Kabuto is a monster himself, he can go sage mode as well, making him some kind of evil Naruto clone. Let’s see how this pans out.

THE GOOD

Kabuto knows what he is doing, and it shows considering he is facing two of the strongest characters in this manga. He first does some kind of jutsu that is like a flashbang grenade. This blinds the two and paralyzes them while Kabuto goes in for the kill. If he can get Itachi under his control, then Sasuke will be no problem. However, Itachi holds him off using Susanoo which even Kabuto can’t overcome.

As they fight the two remember a memory where both guys were fighting some kind of giant bore together. Using this shared memory, they try to run the same tactic against Kabuto. Of course the same tactic used against a pig is not going to work against one of the top bosses of this game guys!

THE BAD

First of all there was another Itachi Sasuke memory that existed which we didn’t know about. You mean to tell me that I suffered through all those flashbacks in the anime thinking that those were the only bad and good memories that Sasuke had about Itachi, when there were so much more. Why didn’t Sasuke think about this memory when he was all sad about Itachi?

THE VERDICT 3/5

This chapter was good, but it felt super short. But it was nice to see these two work well together, like they used to when they were children. When these two work together I doubt even Kabuto can stand a chance.

Post by royale_with_cheese (5 posts) See mini bio Level 7

What's up with Naruto villains, accumulating the powers of previous characters? And to think that Genjustu can easily be countered, by simply wearing a hood....Standard shinobi outfits should all have hoods. Did Kishimoto forget that Itachi can cast genjustus from his fingers alone? Theoretically, the fhight should have gone downhill for Kabuto from the get go. If anything, this fight is Kishimoto's way of performing fan service to his devoted readers.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Huh, why Kabuto didn't tell Sasuke he could rewrite Itachi to obey Sasuke and make him tell the truth about the Uchiha's clan. Since Itachi will probably die, if they stop the Edo

Post by Username_Undefined (89 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This is an interesting thing I found on DeviantArt after this chapter came out. I follow a guy who draws a NaruHina fan comic (say what you will about that, but he's written over 120 good 20 page chapters) and there are some parallels between what he drew months ago and this chapter.

Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Though I like the idea of Kabuto having the snake Sage Mode, I think Kabuto got tremendously skillful too fast. But that whats make this fight interesting. Why does not Kabuto just cancel the technique of Itachi? Itachi is the Edo-Tensei of Kabuto...I know that the Fuda (writing on Itachi's head) is rewritten by Koto Amatsukami so Itachi can move on his own free will... but still Itachi was revived by Kabuto, so Itachi falls to Kabuto's technique if he cancels him unless it cancels the other Edo Tenseis too like Madara.

Kabuto is actually crafty, using light to blind the Sharingan and sound to numb their bodies. Somehow, he is getting more and more Orochimaru. The more heinous the villain, the better. You can't have a weak villain.

Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@royale_with_cheese said:

What's up with Naruto villains, accumulating the powers of previous characters? And to think that Genjustu can easily be countered, by simply wearing a hood....Standard shinobi outfits should all have hoods. Did Kishimoto forget that Itachi can cast genjustus from his fingers alone? Theoretically, the fhight should have gone downhill for Kabuto from the get go. If anything, this fight is Kishimoto's way of performing fan service to his devoted readers.

Tsukuyomi gotta be through his Sharingan. I'm pretty sure Asuma and Kurenai were able to avoid by looking down. Kabuto is also using Sage mode. You can't apply that logic to a standard shinobi if they don't know how to use Sage mode.

It was okay chapter. I kinda want to see the Kages vs Madara more.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,767 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I have a feeling that the amount of Orochimaru's DNA inside of Kabuto will end up reacting to Orochimaru sealed with Itachi's Susanoo's sword.

I said it last week and I'm staying it again where the heck is the Slug Sage mode. I'm telling everyone right now I'm calling it Tsunade will pull it out to defeat Madara possibly sacrificing her life in the process.

Post by tximinoman (54 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I'm liking this fight but at the same time I'm not liking it. I mean... as a Naruto fan I've always wanted to see Itachi and Sasuke worked together full power and that (they are cool as fuck) and I love the idea of the Snkae Sage mode (I really hope 's right and we get to see a slug sage mode), but then I'm hating this fight because, c'mon, Sasuke has become a crazy psycho and now he's acting like the nice guy we used to know. Also... they are fighting kabuto, he's not even a main villain, he was fucking Orochimaru's henchman, how the fuck did he managed to control Snake Sage mode (something Orochimaru didn't even had) and how the hell did he become so powerful to fight against two Uchihas with Mangekyou Sharingan at the same time? Seriously? I mean, I know it's shonen and characters randomly powering up is something that happens all the time but, come on, this is not Bleach.

Post by royale_with_cheese (5 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Roldan: Hence the reason why I stated that Itachi can cast Genjustu from his fingers. Furthermore, for the majority, if not the entirety of the latest chapter, Kabuto wasn't even wearing his hooded robe. There were actually a few occasions where Itachi could have cast his Tsukuyomi.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,143 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i think this is just a way for the writer to try and get people to like sauske again, because he turned into a little bitch. but forget that he's still whiny i hope kabuto kills him haha!

Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Roldan: Hence the reason why I stated that Itachi can cast Genjustu from his fingers. Furthermore, for the majority, if not the entirety of the latest chapter, Kabuto wasn't even wearing his hooded robe. There were actually a few occasions where Itachi could have cast his Tsukuyomi.

Well what i meant was that he needs eye contact to use Tsukuyomi. i know he can cast regular genjutsu with his finger (hence the genjutsu when he gets stabbed). He did have his eyes open also open for 2 pages last chapter but Itachi isn't even using Magnekyo so i don't really see how he would be able to use it fast enough before Kabuto closes his eyse (which he did this chapter).

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel