Weekly Naruto: Chapter 579

Topic started by GodLen on March 22, 2012. Last post by DCypher 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Exciting ninja climax battle! Madara has just made the battle 5:1 in his favor on a whim, is there no end to this guys strength? While Kabuto faces off against Itachi and Sasuke, the Kage take on the Sauron of Naruto ninjas. In order for the Kage to defeat Madara now, Itachi and Sasuke must win their battle to stop the Edo Tensei. Let’s see who claims victory in this decisive Ninja World War battle!

THE GOOD

This chapter is all about the Itachi and Sasuke vs. Kabuto battle. To be frank with you all, I didn’t really think this was going to be an interesting battle since I never really saw Kabuto to be much of a threat. He always seemed to be second fiddle to Orochimaru, and Orochimaru himself didn’t seem to be interested in Kabuto’s body anyway, so I figured he couldn’t be too powerful. I was wrong.

It looks like Orochimaru’s death really did help Kabuto in more than one way. Not only did he absorb some of his power, but he actually trained on his own as well. He studied each one of Sasuke’s allies and empowered himself with their abilities, making himself a liquid, healing, nature-loving machine. But it didn’t end there. Much like Naruto, he too was trained by a sage, giving him the power of sage mode as well. I never expected another character to have sage mode, especially snake sage mode. Now thanks to this new development, the Itachi and Sasuke have their work cut out for them.

THE BAD

There wasn’t really anything too glaringly bad about this chapter, other than I want to see what Kabuto can do right this instant!

THE VERDICT 4/5

I was hoping that Kabuto wouldn’t be a walk in the park for these two, so this chapter knocked my expectations out of the park. Next chapter will surly be epic as these three monsters give it their all. I can’t wait!

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

i liked this chapter quite a bit. was worth mentioning that Karin is confirmed to be an Uzumaki.

Post by DrifterInGreen (27 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Karin being confirmed as an Uzumaki is way too long after anyone thought about it and really doesn’t change anything at this point unless she suddenly becomes relevant again.

The hood was kind of odd looking at some points, but didn’t Kabuto remove it during the fight at the Turtle Island? So do the horns just grow out every time he activates it?

The idea that Orochimaru had to investigate and search for his sage location seems absurd unless it’s due to the snakes not trusting/liking him, which in that case why did they try to teach him? It also seems absurd that Orochimaru’s body was too weak but Kabuto’s Frankenstein body was enough to handle it.

Honestly while the Itachi and Sasuke vs. Kabuto fight may be the most important fight at the moment is seems like the most boring and I’m guessing Kabuto’s sage mode will be as useful as Naruto’s (important the first time but then basically useless after that).

Side note why Kabuto still wearing glasses? You would think that at this point the snake powers would either improve his eyesight or give him better senses negating his need to see with them.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,841 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I thought the snake sage mode looked pretty bad ass but this leads to where is the slug sage mode and while has neither Tsunade nor Sakura used, unveiled, or even mention it. To me this just shows that both of them are completely useless more so in the case of Sakura who is a support character nothing more nothing less.

Post by sickVisionz (4,258 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Kabuto is one of my favorites and has been ever since he went to kill Sasuke after the Forest of Death and took out like 4 Anbu members, reanimated their corpses on the fly, and tricked Kakashi into making a fool out of himself all in the span of like 5 minutes.

Cool chapter. I think his dragon mode looks kinda stupid but I love that he is a sage.

So do the horns just grow out every time he activates it?

That wouldn't be surprising. Jiraiya almost turned into a ninja turtle in his Sage Mode and Naruto's irises mutate and the skin around his eyes gets discolored in sage mode. Disfigurement and the addition of animal-like features seems to be the norm.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:

You seem to be forgetting the part where the female characters are only useful as medics and support. The only time the female characters have been shown as capable is when they are fighting other females, fighting an enemy long enough for a male character to take over , or in Tsunade’s case she was shown to be capable because she was used to motivate the main character.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,841 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@DrifterInGreen: Yeah I know but come on can't they at least get something, Kabuto was pretty much Orochimaru's lackey aka gay boy slave XD Now he is a Sage. If Naruto trained under Jiraaya and achieved Sage mode and now Kabuto can't Sakura have one even if it's abilities are support related. I am not a fan of almost any of the female characters of Naruto but can't they get a little Sage love.

@DrifterInGreen: Or taking down Akatsuki members when they are outnumbered 10:1...

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:

My previous comment was about how Kishimoto seems to make all his female characters seem useless. Even when the female characters do good against opponents it’s embarrassing some of the recent parts where females are somewhat capable include Tenten fighting with the fan only to almost pass out, Samui who got absorbed into the gourd, and Konan who possibly is the character to do the most damage against Tobi only to lose in the blink of an eye. Tsunade is probably the strongest female character and it seems like she falls into mini coma after every battle.

I like most if not every female character and I want to see them be more capable but they probably won’t get the chance.

@sickVisionz: Which Akatsuki member?

Post by KingSolomon (66 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Im so happy that kabuto is not a pushover... but its hard to beleive that he is stronger the orichamaru... I mean the guy never though to incorperate these folks into his body. Is this implying that orichamaru had a crazy weak body?

@DrifterInGreen: Chiyo & Sakura vs Sasori.

@sickVisionz said:

@DrifterInGreen: Chiyo & Sakura vs Sasori.

I had guessed that was the one you referred to, though the number was a lot higher than 10:1 if you are counting the puppets as actual opponents and not tools/weapons the number would be at least 50:1. That said I consider the puppets to be tools and I wouldn’t consider it a complete win considering when Sasori died Chiyo implied that Sasori could have avoided her last attack, but he allowed himself to be killed.

Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@KingSolomon said:

Im so happy that kabuto is not a pushover... but its hard to beleive that he is stronger the orichamaru... I mean the guy never though to incorperate these folks into his body. Is this implying that orichamaru had a crazy weak body?

It's not that hard to believe, Kabuto has always proven to be both strong and incredibly smart, plush Orochimaru has been served alot of PIS in the series. I agree that it seems odd that Orochimaru didn't incorporate those individuals abilities, especially Karin's. Ive always found it ridiculous that he helped Danzo implant numerous sharingan into his body and yet he didn't take any himself. 

I'm still hoping Orochimaru returns through Kabuto but still Kabuto is such a boss and the best villain in the series atm.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,531 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Was I reading some crappy translation or where they actually referring to Sasuke as Dr Snakes? I didn't really think this chapter was all that great tbh didn't really go anywhere for most of it then only got exciting near the end.

Post by ouchmydragonballs (41 posts) See mini bio Level 8

The sage mode looks dumb, Kabuto looks the same almost

Post by Acer. (137 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@ouchmydragonballs said:

The sage mode looks dumb, Kabuto looks the same almost

Thats because it shows he's likely perfected sage mode. Naruto barley changed in sage mode.
Post by tximinoman (54 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I was wondering how will they power up kabuto in a way that made sense and kishi came out with the snake sage mode. I have no complaints, it just makes so much sense... I really loved it.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,240 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@DrifterInGreen:

Side note why Kabuto still wearing glasses? You would think that at this point the snake powers would either improve his eyesight or give him better senses negating his need to see with them.

I believe Kabuto wear them so that the Uchiha brothers Genjutsu won't effect him

Sigh, this chapter was kind of boring

Post by taichokage (12,954 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I did say Kabuto was no pushover. But it seems people are surprised at his high power level. Maybe I didn't expect him to be strong enough to match an EMS user and MS user at the same time, but come on, the guy already proved he was more capable than Orochimaru a while back with his usage of the edo tensei. To summon practically every elite shinobi possible over the ages at once, including the absurdly powerful legend Madara, is alone enough of a testimony that he was above Orochimaru. But even Kabuto at the start of the manga was powerful enough to fight with kage like Tsunade. I just never thought that Orochimaru who was the main villain before Tobi, would have been used as a tool for his right hand man to become an even bigger menace. This chapter was good. Now the shinobi alliance has 3 incredibly broken villains to take down, each one making the likes of kage, akatsuki and jinchuuriki look weak. If Madara, Tobi and Kabuto were all together, the entire shinobi alliance probably couldnt take them down.
Post by KingSolomon (66 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Acer.: Yeah I agree with you completely, Why would Orichamaru just give up on all those sharigans... that makes no sense. But also I been thinking somone brought up why he is still wearing the glasses. I thought they were needed to be on. During the chunnin exam when they got knocked off he said something about not wanting the bad blood to rise( if forgot the quote) or something like that, that and that orichamaru did not want to use him as a container. I think there is something really messed up about kabuto that we dont know about.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel