Weekly Naruto: Chapter 578

Topic started by GodLen on March 15, 2012. Last post by ohgodwhy 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

The five kages are not doing so hot in their battle with Madara. After trash-talking Tsunade, Madara decides to kill her first, and concentrates all of his power on crushing her. It works, and by the end of the chapter she had been skewered through the chest. But a master at medical jitsu won’t die so easily. Let’s us find out what happened to her.

THE GOOD

As we all thought, Tsunade is not dead... yet. She is restored back to health, ready to rock once more. But it doesn’t really matter, since this fight really isn’t going anywhere, even Madara is starting to get board with it. So he decides to lighten up the fight by having the kage have a 5 to 1 battle, with five Madara wood clones against each Kage. This doesn’t bode too well for the kage, since they can barely fight one, who knows if these clones are weaker than the real thing.

This chapter is pretty momentous I would say. For the first time ever we have Itachi and Sasuke working together, standing side by side to defeat a common enemy. I never thought it would happen, but here we are. What’s next, Sasuke and Naruto giving each other a hug?

The only way these two will end Kabuto’s edo tensei is if they work together. As Itachi mentions, edo tensei’s weakness is Itachi. There is no way Kabuto will be able to defend against both ninja, they are both way too powerful.

THE BAD

I have to admit that there really wasn’t anything too bad about this chapter, other than the lack of Naruto’s battle.

THE VERDICT 3/5

As the title page of this chapter told us, the war is at its climax. The only way for Madara to be defeated now is if Itachi and Sasuke are successful in stopping the edo tensei. After that’s over the war is practically over, and the rest of the units can go to help support Naruto.

Post by One_Piece_God (569 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Bleach, Naruto & One Piece usually come out on the same day, I read Bleach then Naruto 1st Like I usually do reason being 90% of the time the One Piece chapter released is better & I want to leave more suspense for myself & no surprise this week is the same thing.

I saw this coming but does it really take God Itachi & Naruto lvl Sasuke to face Kabuto? But we will see.

The rest was meh as I said last week Kage battle is getting boring go back to Naruto that was bit more entertaining.

Is it me or does Madara half the time sound like a jealous child, jealous of Hashirama? I really don't like his persona.

Post by Lurkero (418 posts) See mini bio Level 7

But it doesn’t really matter, since this fight really isn’t going anywhere, even Madara is starting to get board with it.

C'mon, that's an amateur error.

In regards to the battles. I cannot say I am satisfied. I know shonen action anime have to get more ridiculous as time passes, but for Madara to make a bunch of wood clones of himself that are still very powerful is stupid. It is rare that these powerful ninjutsu that villains use have negative effects on their condition. Why do these powerful attacks have no limits? Hell, when Naruto learned a powerful new attack he learned that it could break his bones. Kakashi learned a powerful attack and realized he couldn't do it because it would hurt him. I'm tired of these unlimited power moves villains have. It takes away tension for the battles.

Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I loved this chapter. I dislike nearly every good guy in the series so seeing Madara (Uchiha>All) bringing it to the Hokages has been a true joy. Kabuto is another favorite of mine and seeing him with the Orochimaru (probably my favorite character) tongue stuck out and ready to fight was pretty awesome.

I can't say I miss Naruto at all at this point. What would he have brought to chapter other than yet another speech about how the power of nakama, love, and friendship can trump everything?

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,335 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Lurkero said:

. Why do these powerful attacks have no limits? Hell, when Naruto learned a powerful new attack he learned that it could break his bones. Kakashi learned a powerful attack and realized he couldn't do it because it would hurt him. I'm tired of these unlimited power moves villains have. It takes away tension for the battles.

Madara is a vilain and Naruto alongside with Kakashi are heroes.Giving Madara power adds more tension to the battle as you don't know how he is going to be beaten giving him or stating his weakness takes away the suspense as you know how he is going to lose.

Post by taichokage (15,461 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@One_Piece_God: I hear what you're saying about God Itachi and Sasuke needing to fight one guy, but that doesnt surprise me. This is Kabuto here. He's essentially Kabuto ( a medical nin capable of handling a kage 1 on 1, and a twice as powerful version of the former akatsuki/secret kage Orochimaru combined. I'd say he is worthy of such attention, especially since he has a secret ace in the hole.
Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

So... What're the odds Itachi talks to Sasuke after the battle and convinces him to rejoin forces with Naruto? Or is he tricking Sasuke because he knows that when he ends the Edo Tensei, he'll go with it?

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@One_Piece_God:  

Is it me or does Madara half the time sound like a jealous child, jealous of Hashirama? I really don't like his persona.

He sounds more like he's praising Hashirama more than jealous of him, he says that Hashirama was the only one to change him, the rest of them are just weak in comparision.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

What with the chibi stuff at the beginning? I couldn't take this chapter seriously, after that

It would be cool if Kabuto have an army of edo Uchiha, that will mess with Sasuke's mind so badly

Post by Lurkero (418 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@MrASSH0LE said:

@Lurkero said:

. Why do these powerful attacks have no limits? Hell, when Naruto learned a powerful new attack he learned that it could break his bones. Kakashi learned a powerful attack and realized he couldn't do it because it would hurt him. I'm tired of these unlimited power moves villains have. It takes away tension for the battles.

Madara is a vilain and Naruto alongside with Kakashi are heroes.Giving Madara power adds more tension to the battle as you don't know how he is going to be beaten giving him or stating his weakness takes away the suspense as you know how he is going to lose.

I'm not asking anybody to state his weakness. It's typical for anime to do that anyways. Always stating what is happening in the battle to your opponent. It's kinda funny.

What I am asking for is that villains don't always get an additional trump card. The reason why I say the tension is gone is because I know that the villain will not be defeated if the scene isn't overly dramatic or if the hero doesn't explicitly state that "this is the end!". Naruto will probly end up defeating Tobi with some form of powerful friendship.

The most recent fight that I enjoyed was the battle between Minato and Tobi. The fight was no more than 5 minutes. Minato legitimately thought about Tobi's strategy compared to his own abilities and figured out a way to defeat Tobi. Of course, Tobi was still not killed, but it sure beats the multi-chapter/multi-episode fights that occur more frequently.

Post by Sreenivas (41 posts) See mini bio Level 10

lol, Sasuke is a bad guy?Who cares!!!!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I'm sure someone's questioned this before but how can Itachi have his eyes when Sasuke clearly has them, it just doesn't make any sense at all. It's been implied several times that you actually have to rip out someone's eyes and implant them into your own head.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel