Weekly Naruto: Chapter 573

Topic started by GodLen on Feb. 11, 2012. Last post by GIRUGAMESH 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Naruto made lots of friends last chapter, which is pretty much a normal everyday thing for our hero. However, this time he made friends with the right people, people who can get him places, like the Jinchuriki and the Tailed Beasts. Yes, with them on his side this fight is all but one, let’s see how it goes.

THE GOOD

This chapter is all about the moral of this battle, and how its quickly favoring the good guys at this point. Tobi notices that Naruto has somehow changed, and it is bothering him. This is the first time we have seen him actually get a little bit worried about his opponent. Though he quickly throws this idea away as he regains his confidence.

Headquarters can see with their fancy chakra sensors that Naruto and friends are kicking ass over there. Using this momentum the higher-ups decided to let the entire allied forces in on Naruto’s victory by the use of Ino’s father’s special abilities thatcan allow him to talk to everyone; though this causes great strain to his body. Everyone of course is happy about this news, and spurs them ever so closer to victory. Though the battle seemed to be going in that direction anyways seeing as how a majority of the heavy hitters on the bad guy’s side are captured. This news reminds everyone about their relationship with Naruto, which are definitely not thought to have on the battle field!

We are left with images of the Emo King himself walking on to the battlefield. HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! Sasuke!

THE BAD

Despite the beginning and the ending, this chapter sort of felt like a filler chapter. It was a necessary filler chapter because we need to see how the rest of the ninjas are doing in this war, and they need to know of Naruto’s awesome advancement in this battle. Yet I feel that some of it could have been cut out.

THE VERDICT 3/5

Sasuke and Naruto’s battle is coming ever so closer. I don’t think they will fight until Naruto’s and Tobi’s battle is concluded, or demasked, but it is coming close.

Post by tximinoman (54 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I said it the first time Sasuke appeared walking while this fight was happening and I'll say it again, he's the one who's gonna kill Tobi. We'll see a great fight between Tobi and Naruto though, but I firmly belive that, in the end, he will appear and kill Tobi, tooking finally his place as the main villain for the final arc.

sorry for the bad english.

Post by this_is_riddle (201 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@tximinoman: Wow I never thought about that but that would be very Sasuke like. I may be wrong but wasn't Toni talking about how this fight doesn't matter it is just wasting time till Naruto fights Sasuke after he starts to get nervous about Naruto.

I can see Sasuke killing him and with his dying breath Tobi explains how he was manipulating Sasuke to this point for he is the one who will succeed him and achieve his plans. :P

Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

@tximinoman: yeah, I can see that happening too.

Post by Hameyadea (41 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I have a theory about Tobi: he is Madara. Let me explain.

Madara, in an attempt to prolong his own life or to fulfill Eye of the Moon Plan, tried to make himself immortal (lust like Orochimaru). The experiments resulted in a clone, the Alpha Zetsu - A.K.A. Tobi. And Tobi, being Madara's clone tried that same trick, which gave us good ol' regular Zetsu.

My basis to the theory:

1. Whenever Tobi loses, or get critically injured in, a limb, it "bleeds" a viscous white substance. Later he apparently regrows somehow the lost limb, like a tree regrowing a broken branch. Seeing as Madara, prior to his death, collected Hashirama's cells, meaning that he can use Wood Element (and has done so).

2. Zetsu can absorb someone chakra and then appear as that someone, down to their scent and chakra signature, it is possible that Tobi, being the Alpha Zetsu, absorbed so much of Madara's chakra that he can also utilize the Sharingan and Rinnegan (maybe it happened before Madara "unlocked" the Rinnegan proper).

3. Zetsu can somehow record battle and then show them to other, specifically to Tobi (since apparently no one besides Tobi has ever asked Zetsu to show the them the recording), and I suspect that it be viewed by Wood Element merging technique or something similar.

4. Since Izanagi can only be used with a Sharingan and a Wood Element-capable body (like Danzo's arm), and seeing how Tobi used it against Konan further support that theory.

5. Tobi, despite apparently being very old, is quite kicking and thrashing, which means that he quasi-immortal, or at least ages very slowing like those two prime examples of longevity (although one of them has passed on, but it was due to unnatural causes).

6. Madara was revived, meaning that his soul has left the physical world completely, as Kabuto said that he couldn't summon the previous Hokages due to their souls being sealed with the Dead Demon Consuming Seal and thus could not be resurrected. If Tobi is a clone with Madara's chakra (as opposed to a clone with part of Madara's soul), it means that there are technically two Madaras at this point.

On a sidenote: I wish I could the Fourth Raikage fighting the resurrected Madara with both his arms, and not just the right. Double the awesomeness. Maybe he should ask Tobi how he (Tobi) does it.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

i was expecting some epic showdown and what we get is some moral boost. what the hell kishimoto!?!?

Post by Toxin45 (337 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Awesome I already read and I know it's gonna be awesone
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@buhssuht said:

i was expecting some epic showdown and what we get is some moral boost. what the hell kishimoto!?!?

I felt the same. It was seeming like all of the power of friendship talk was done with last week and it was about to be Naruto vs Tobi, but instead we got like 8 pages of it again in this chapter. This whole arc has been way too much of that imo. 1/4 to 1/2 of every chapter for the past year or more has been devoted to somebody stressing the importance of friendship at the expense of awesome battles. They've even skipped past fights just to have yet another person talking about how love can conqueror all.

WE GET IT ALREADY!!!!

Hopefully with Sasuke coming back (assuming he's even back and still doesn't have months before appearing in a chapter like the last time they said he was coming towards the battle) they can put all the nakama morale boosting to the side and focus on combat or Tobi's plan without getting interrupted by 5 pages about how friendship is important.

@sickVisionz said:

@buhssuht said:

I felt the same. It was seeming like all of the power of friendship talk was done with last week and it was about to be Naruto vs Tobi, but instead we got like 8 pages of it again in this chapter. This whole arc has been way too much of that imo. 1/4 to 1/2 of every chapter for the past year or more has been devoted to somebody stressing the importance of friendship at the expense of awesome battles. They've even skipped past fights just to have yet another person talking about how love can conqueror all.

WE GET IT ALREADY!!!!

Hopefully with Sasuke coming back (assuming he's even back and still doesn't have months before appearing in a chapter like the last time they said he was coming towards the battle) they can put all the nakama morale boosting to the side and focus on combat or Tobi's plan without getting interrupted by 5 pages about how friendship is important.

I feel that this whole arc is stepping too much on the gas. Things are moving too fast, one of my biggest disappointments is the short fight between Naruto and Killer B vs. Itachi and Nagato - only 3 chapters, and most of it they are chit-chatting.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,226 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Another great chapter, sets it up next time to be something pretty damn special. We know that Naruto doesn't have the full power of the bijuus on his side (otherwise what was being sucked back into the gedo mazo?), so people saying "this fight is won" shouldn't count Tobi out just yet.

People whining about a lack of "epic showdowns" are being silly, it's clear that we are fast approaching the end of the arc (and maybe the end of the series), so it's necessary to check up on other characters and have a final kind of 'sum-up' section (especially with the possibility of Sasuke intercepting them, resulting in a massacre). A lot of people I've heard from were complaining that it was focusing too heavily on the Naruto fight, so I really don't see what the problem is.

Then we have the inclusion of Sasuke at the end looking pretty much more evil than ever; next chapter we may well see a couple of characters getting killed (it would certainly give this war the darker tone it needs). If the next chapter delivers on this massacre then I think it will seriously progress the series for the better. Also very glad to see Kishi developing NaruHina, it means Sakura can die now >:3

@GIRUGAMESH said:

Another great chapter, sets it up next time to be something pretty damn special. We know that Naruto doesn't have the full power of the bijuus on his side (otherwise what was being sucked back into the gedo mazo?), so people saying "this fight is won" shouldn't count Tobi out just yet.

Gyūki and Shukaku weren't present in the little conversation between Naruto the other 5 Tailed Beasts, although we know that Gyūki is on Naruto's side, Shukaku is still a mystery (but it most likely that he is/will be with Naruto soon enough).

@Hameyadea: Maybe Tobi is Shukaku's new jinchuriki

@tximinoman: Heck, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Tobi is Naruto from the future (a la Dragon Ball Z's Future Trunks).

@Hameyadea: Whoever Tobi really is, when they finally demasked him it's going to be dissapointing. Since the real Madara appeared I've been thinking that maybe it'll be better if we don't ever know who he is.

@tximinoman: Yeah, it is like the game Duke Nukem Forever, after all the hype and long hiatus the expectations were so high that the game was bound to disappoint, and Tobi's de-masking is heading the same path.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,226 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Hameyadea: Kinda yeah, it would need to be awesome to live up to the hype. For the record, my bet is still that he is the older son of the sage, another part of Madara or the consciousness of the Juubi.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel