Weekly Naruto: Chapter 564

Topic started by GodLen on Nov. 26, 2011. Last post by GIRUGAMESH 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Naruto is heating up, unlike the weather outside. He finally has gone head to head, literally, against the series number one villain that isn’t Sasuke. Seriously, this is going to be good seeing as he is up against six other jinchuriki at the same time, and the only way he will win is by showing us all just how strong he has become. But is Naruto really strong enough to take them all down?

THE GOOD

I’m releaved to find out this battle is not going to be a breeze for Naruto. He can’t just walk in and invent a new move that kills the enemy in one hit like he has been doing for awhile now. No, this is going to be a tough one, as we see in this chapter. Even with Bee, they are outmatched by these six jinchuriki. Not only because they are strong as hell, but because they are also controlled by an expert, who ever that may be.

On that note, Naruto does let Tobi know that there is another Madara out there, which angers him. He knew this was going to happen, and is angry that Kabuto played that card. However, now that the war started it makes no difference. Call him anything, all he cares about is turning the moon into a giant eye. He then goes into a speech about how Naruto should understand his pain. This pisses off Naruto of course, who vows to rip that damn mask and mustache right off his face. Naruto’s determined attitude here makes me a very happy boy, for I too wish I could rip off that mask. Tobi basically says to come get it, though he first has to cut his way through some jinchuriki who are all showing a little bit of tale.

THE BAD

Please Tobi, don’t get all emo on us. No one cares about the misery you endured, and no one definitely aligns themselves with you because they understand what you are going through. Seriously you are starting to sound like a teenager!

THE VERDICT 3/5

Good chapter overall. The talking part of this fight is now over, so we should be seeing more fighting next chapter. Though I’m sure the next talking part will happen soon, especially after Naruto rips that damn mask off his face. But they have six people to plow through before that happens, so don’t expect it anytime soon!

Post by Lurkero (405 posts) See mini bio Level 7

There are two main things a villain can say that would make me tune out:

1) The world will feel my pain

2) I will save the world by destroying it

The two ideas do not make me feel sorry for the villain. Please stop doing this please.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I'm still rather shocked I called the beginning of the fight exactly last week, with those two goons headbutting each other.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,248 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Ok, this chapter was so funny to me. This what I was thinking at the end of the chapter (but it a good chapter)

I want to be the very best,

Like no one ever was.

To enslave them is my real test,

To train them is my cause.

I will travel across the land,

Searching far and wide.

Each Jinchūriki to understand

The power that's inside

(Gotta catch 'em all)

It's you and me

I know it's my destiny

Jinchūriki!

You're my best slave

In a world we must destroy

Jinchūriki!

(Gotta catch 'em all)

A heart so true

Our courage will pull us through

You teach me and I'll enslave you

Jinchūriki!

(Gotta catch 'em all)

every challenge along the way

with courage i will face

i will battle everyday

to claim my rightful place

come with me the time is right

theres no better team

arm and arm well win the fight

its always been my dream

Jinchūriki!

(Gotta catch 'em all)

its you and me

i know its my destiny

Jinchūriki!

Oh, your my best slave

in a world we must destroy

Jinchūriki!

A heart so true

our courage will pull us through

you teach me and I'll enslave you

Jinchūriki!

(Gotta catch 'em all)

Yeah!

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,170 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Destinyheroknight: TL;DR.

I actually agree with the rating this time, but certainly not because of the reasons Godlen outlined. The fact is, this battle should be a breeze for Naruto; Kishi was trolling the power scales here disgustingly.

So let me get this straight Kishi; I am supposed to believe that the 6 jinchuuriki, without even using any rinnegan powers or their tailed beast abilities, were able to have the advantage over Bee and Naruto inn kyuubi mode? I could have accepted it if Naruto had been in base form, but anything above that is ludicrous. All of a sudden the jinchuuriki are all automatically kage-level, which is bulls**t when you consider how easily they went down against the Akatsuki. I remember last week thinking that Naruto alone might have been able to hold them off; so much for the power of the Kyuubi, even if much of its chakra has been depleted.

Whilst most of the stuff in the middle was good (Tobi=Madara theory is blown), the ending meant the next chapter may be stupid as well. If it turns out that the edo-jinchuuriki are getting their power from the tailed beats that Madara has collected, good (that would make sense). But if they have access to their power simply as part of the edo tensei, that's absurd; if that were the case, why couldn't Tobi just kill Naruto/Bee and then resurrect them, getting the chakra that way? The next one has the potential for a cock-up, but hoping that Naruto and Bee will gain the upper hand next week (it's a shame, I'd always considered Naruto as the only anime with consistent power levels).

@GIRUGAMESH:

To long, huh

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@GIRUGAMESH:

Akatsuki is Kage level.I think this was addressed and proven.

Deidara beat Gaara.Kakuzu, I think fought the first.Pain soloed Konoha.Itachi was playing with Sasuke when Sasuke led the Raikage to lose his arm and would have led him to lose his leg.And Orochimaru a former Akastuki fought the Third Hokage and led to his death.

Plus I'd like to point out the contradiction,you say Jinchuurkis couldn't fight Naruto unless they were Kage level but that would mean you think Naruto and Bee are Kage level therefore nothing prevents the Jinchuurkis from being Kage level.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

why couldn't Tobi just kill Naruto/Bee and then resurrect them, getting the chakra that way? The next one has the potential for a cock-up, but hoping that Naruto and Bee will gain the upper hand next week (it's a shame, I'd always considered Naruto as the only anime with consistent power levels).

Because the last time he met Naruto (I don't think he met Bee before that time) he did not posses Kabuto's assistance, you know the guy who controls the Edo tensei.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

So let me get this straight Kishi; I am supposed to believe that the 6 jinchuuriki, without even using any rinnegan powers or their tailed beast abilities, were able to have the advantage over Bee and Naruto inn kyuubi mode? I could have accepted it if Naruto had been in base form, but anything above that is ludicrous. levels).

Well based on the pure number's advantage ,yes.Especially knowing there was nothing putting them below Naruto unless we believe that the number of tails = power level which was never explicitly mentioned.And based on the fact that when aJinchuurki dies his beast dies and we have no DNA of them.Which is why the Jinchuurkis were resurrected after there Bijuu were extracted.

Post by TheLeamenator (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Lurkero: Well, that's just you. Pain is one of the greatest manga villains of all time precisely because of those traits. So, what makes Naruto Naruto cannot change because then it would not be proper Naruto. Be quiet.

@TheLeamenator:

Pain one of the best villains in manga? LOL! He an anti-villain, Lurkero is looking for a villain

@Destinyheroknight: Touche.

@MrASSH0LE said:

@GIRUGAMESH:

Deidara beat Gaara.Kakuzu, I think fought the first.Pain soloed Konoha.Itachi was playing with Sasuke when Sasuke led the Raikage to lose his arm and would have led him to lose his leg.And Orochimaru a former Akastuki fought the Third Hokage and led to his death.

Plus I'd like to point out the contradiction,you say Jinchuurkis couldn't fight Naruto unless they were Kage level but that would mean you think Naruto and Bee are Kage level therefore nothing prevents the Jinchuurkis from being Kage level.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

why couldn't Tobi just kill Naruto/Bee and then resurrect them, getting the chakra that way? The next one has the potential for a cock-up, but hoping that Naruto and Bee will gain the upper hand next week (it's a shame, I'd always considered Naruto as the only anime with consistent power levels).

Because the last time he met Naruto (I don't think he met Bee before that time) he did not posses Kabuto's assistance, you know the guy who controls the Edo tensei.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

So let me get this straight Kishi; I am supposed to believe that the 6 jinchuuriki, without even using any rinnegan powers or their tailed beast abilities, were able to have the advantage over Bee and Naruto inn kyuubi mode? I could have accepted it if Naruto had been in base form, but anything above that is ludicrous. levels).

Well based on the pure number's advantage ,yes.Especially knowing there was nothing putting them below Naruto unless we believe that the number of tails = power level which was never explicitly mentioned.And based on the fact that when aJinchuurki dies his beast dies and we have no DNA of them.Which is why the Jinchuurkis were resurrected after there Bijuu were extracted.

Of course akatsuki are kage level, but when was the last time any of them gave the akatsuki a genuinely difficult time? And Killerbee and Naruto are obviously meant to be the strongest of them. No, nothing prevents it, but all of them seem to be on a level at which they can take on Bee and Naruto, which is silly; remember how the Nibi (2-tails), with the full power of the beast, was owned by the likes of Hidan and Kakuzu? They simply shouldn't be that strong in base form (not all of them anyway). And sure, maybe some of them could hold their own against Bee, but Naruto? The guy who was beating kage-level ninja with shadow clones? No, just no.

You don't think that more tails means more power? Funny guy. In case you hadn't noticed, Naruto gets stronger with each tail he uses. When the fight is too tough, he needs to use more tails (as seen when he had to go 8 tails on Pain). 8 is higher than 6, do you see how that works? More tails=more power. Or would you like to start arguing that Shikaku>>>Kyuubi?

And with regards to Tobi, I'm not talking about last time, I mean now. Tobi still said he wants to capture them, but if it was the case that he could just acquire their bijuu chakra via edo tensei, why not just kill them?

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Not sold on this being Tobi, going to need something a little more than "It's my old name!".

Post by Hameyadea (41 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@Destinyheroknight: Touche.

@MrASSH0LE said:

@GIRUGAMESH:

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@GIRUGAMESH said:

Of course akatsuki are kage level, but when was the last time any of them gave the akatsuki a genuinely difficult time? And Killerbee and Naruto are obviously meant to be the strongest of them. No, nothing prevents it, but all of them seem to be on a level at which they can take on Bee and Naruto, which is silly; remember how the Nibi (2-tails), with the full power of the beast, was owned by the likes of Hidan and Kakuzu? They simply shouldn't be that strong in base form (not all of them anyway). And sure, maybe some of them could hold their own against Bee, but Naruto? The guy who was beating kage-level ninja with shadow clones? No, just no.

You don't think that more tails means more power? Funny guy. In case you hadn't noticed, Naruto gets stronger with each tail he uses. When the fight is too tough, he needs to use more tails (as seen when he had to go 8 tails on Pain). 8 is higher than 6, do you see how that works? More tails=more power. Or would you like to start arguing that Shikaku>>>Kyuubi?

And with regards to Tobi, I'm not talking about last time, I mean now. Tobi still said he wants to capture them, but if it was the case that he could just acquire their bijuu chakra via edo tensei, why not just kill them?

If you think about it, Naruto has already beaten a few Kages. First he beat the 3rd with Sexy Justu (K.O. is K.O.). Hold up against Akaysuki while Gaara couldn't (No. 2). Successfully restrained the Nine-Tails, which the 4th Hokage couldn't (Kage beaten = three), beat the 4th Raikage in speed and the 3rd Raikage. Naruto has beaten as much Kages as there are major villages!

Also, since resurrecting requires a talisman in the undead's head it is quite possible that Tobi/Kabuto implanted a talisman that transfers the correct Tails-Beast chakras to the Jinchuurikis from the Statue, and since they're dead they have infinite stamina and chakra, whilst Naruto and Bee are alive and thus don't have infinite stamina trick.

Last one, let's not forget the now the Nine-Tails is weaker than in the past when Madara controlled him, due to Minato's Dead Demon Consuming Seal which removed half of its chakra (the Yin). So it is quite possible that the Eight-Tails is now the strongest Beast. Food for thought.

@Hameyadea: That's exactly my point, Naruto is at the level now where beating kages isn't that big a deal anymore. The jinchuuriki simply shouldn't be keeping up with him, not without using the rinnegan powers anyway.

Yes it is possible that Tobi used some sort of talisman, that's exactly what I'm hoping for in the next chapter. If you look back at my post I acknowledged that it was a possibility that they were getting their power from the collected beasts, which I hope does turn out to be the case (otherwise things are going to get a little silly).

Have to disagree with you on that last one though, from what we've seen so far and what can be guessed, the Kyuubi, even weakened, is much stronger than even the 8 tails. There's always been far more hype around the Kyuubi (I really doubt that Kishi would let the Hachibi be stronger) plus it has just shown to be generally more powerful (Naruto's tailed states were comparatively stronger than Bee's), plus, upon 'taming' the beasts, Bee just gets regular tailed-beast cloak; Naruto gets uber ssj mode. That and the fact that the Kyuubi was doing a pretty good job at laying waste to a Konoha with a younger Hiruzen in it suggests it still remains the strongest Bijuu.

Plus, let's not forget:

It was able to create a bijuu-bomb on the scale of a spirit bomb, and that was after Naruto had drained it of its power. I don't remember the Hachibi in all its power creating anything close to that.

Post by Hameyadea (41 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@GIRUGAMESH: I think that the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode (NTCM) with Naruto is due to the Nine-Tails' hostility towards Naruto, and thus Naruto needed to forcefully take the Chakra. While Bee and the Eight-Tails collaborate willingly, and because of that the change of Bee using his chakra and the Eight-Tails is smoother, and as such less visible (like in the fight against Kisame).

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@GIRUGAMESH said:

If you hadn't noticed the power growth correlates with how close the Jinchuurki is to the Bijuu's real appearance as exemplified with Gaara having a transformation that affects his whole body whereas Naruto's eyes and tails are the only changing factors.But even there based on raw number's advantage and their combined strength (2+3+4+5+6+7> 8+9)

Of course akatsuki are kage level, but when was the last time any of them gave the akatsuki a genuinely difficult time?

Gaara?You know by your logic is the one -tails jinchuurki and he held his own against Deidara and defeated 2 previous Kages and is himself a Kage.Therefore ,again by your logic, the Jinchuurkis in this fight who have a higher number of tails should be way above that.

remember how the Nibi (2-tails), with the full power of the beast, was owned by the likes of Hidan and Kakuzu? They simply shouldn't be that strong in base form (not all of them anyway). And sure, maybe some of them could hold their own against Bee, but Naruto? The guy who was beating kage-level ninja with shadow clones? No, just no.

I think this was done off-screen so the "owning" part isn't exactly falsifiable .Plus the fact that a character could not beat 2 kage levels at once is not a testament of them themselves being of this level.

The guy who beat Kage level with shadow clones?Naruto ran from the Third Raikage during the whole fight and finally faced him and didn't even overpower him ,he used his wit throught pushing his arm in his chest.

ot talking about last time, I mean now. Tobi still said he wants to capture them, but if it was the case that he could just acquire their bijuu chakra via edo tensei, why not just kill them?

And as I told you and as the Kyuubi once told Naruto if he dies ,the beast dies.Tobi needs to extract the beast and then implant it after he resurrected the Jinchuurki.

@MrASSH0LE: LOL Gaara held his own against Deidara? Deidara was holding back against Gaara horribly as he wasn't allowed to kill him, something that would be a huge problem with his style of attacks. As for defeating two former kages, let us review:

-he beat his dad. Big whoop, the guy never showed anything particularly great.

-he was only able to beat the former mizukage due to the gold sand left behind by his father's attacks. In a straight one on one he would have lost.

*sigh* It is likely that Gaara became better after the beginning of shippuden; plus it's not as if Gaara's power ever equalled the ichibi's, just that its power was added to his. My point however is that Naruto, in some uber kyuubi state, was getting slapped around by jinchuuriki who at that stage, hadn't even used their bijuu power. Face it, Kishi trolled Naruto on that one.

Call Naruto beating the third raikage whatever you want, but the fact still remains that Naruto beat him with a saged-up shadow clone. Since when was overpowering someone the only acceptable way to beat them? I'm glad you bring this up; it again shows how retarded some of the power levels are at the moment.

Naruto clone in sage mode = able to react to and defeat the 3rd raikage, strongest of all the raikage.

Real Naruto in supposedly uber kyuubi mode = having trouble with jinchuuriki (individual jinchuuriki, i might add) who aren't even using bijuu power or rinnegan abilities. You must admit there is some inconsistency there.

As for the last part, again you miss my point. My original point was that if it had been the case that the edo tensei gave the jinchuuriki back all their bijuu chakra, then why not simply kill Naruto and Bee, revive them, and then take their chakra from them then, rather than going through the hassle of capturing them? Luckily as we have seen in the manga this is not the case (thank God), but I was merely voicing my concern for it as a possibility.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel