Weekly Naruto: Chapter 558

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 6, 2011. Last post by killermike 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

That slippery devil the Mizukage has finally been defeated, and this time Naruto didn’t have to help! Gaara using his brain figured out all by himself how to take down this monster, and surprisingly it was the gold powder left by his father that led to the Mizukage’s destruction. Now all the big names have fallen, who’s next on the list?

THE GOOD

The Mizukage is not the only kage that is unable to be defeated. It appears that Mu has survived his battle with Naruto. Even though he had been sealed, it was his clone that was sealed instead of the real deal. However, clone might not be the right word, for he has the ability to split himself up, spreading the power out in between them equally. So right now Mu isn’t really much of a threat, but he is working to set his clone free in order to regain all his power.

The rest of this chapter is all about Naruto’s clones arriving at the different front lines of this war. As you remember, one of Naruto’s abilities is to see through white zetsu’s clone jitsu, so that he can figure out who is real, and who is fake. Of course since he is a hero, he arrives just in the knick of time to save all his friends.

The final image of this chapter is Mu preforming some kind of jitsu. Now I’m sure this jitsu is one that will either free his incapsulated twin, or one that will summon something, since Kabuto mentioned this earlier.

THE BAD

I have mixed feeling about Naruto appearing everywhere to save the day. Yes that’s kind of awesome that Naruto is so powerful right now that he can be everywhere at once and save all his friends from dying. But I too would have liked to see him maybe show up late, or not have the power to save everyone. Basically, they should have killed off Hinata!

And really, would Dan Kato be happy to see that Tsunade has put her “faith” in another man that was very similar to himself and her brother? Wake up Dan, you have been replaced by someone who is exactly like you but alive! For all you know, she could be banging him every night and here you are being happy about it! She’s cheating on you Dan, break out and take revenge!

THE VERDICT 2/5

Ok, now that Naruto has gone around and saved the day everywhere at once, its time for the more interesting stuff to happen. I’m sure this small victory for Naruto will be short lived, mainly because Mu will be coming back, but I also think Kabuto will have something else up his snake-filled sleeves.

Post by Sogeman (22 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Kill of Hinata? I hate you.

Post by Mesoian (37 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Sogeman said:

You mean again?

It's fine. Tide's going to turn, good guys will start the forward sing towards victory, Sasuke will show up and probably kill Orochi-kabutops, queue fight between Naruto and Tobii, queue fight between Naruto and Sasuke, hopefully that will be the end.

This arc has been entertaining, and it would be a high point to end the series with. I don't think Naruto's popularity can survive another time skip. I'm worried enough about Fairy Tale surviving their own somewhat misplaced timeskip.

Post by Wraxend (32 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Brave words calling for Hinata to be killed off. I don't agree however without Hinata who's Naruto going to get with at the end of the manga to start his own family the one thing hes always wanted.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Sogeman said:

Kill off Hinata? I hate you.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,291 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@AgentJ said:

@Sogeman said:

Kill off Hinata? I hate you.

Post by shenlong (117 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I bet soon, Naruto will kill Madara with his Nine Tail Chakra Sage Mode Tailed Beast Wind Release Rasenshuriken. And end the war. And Naruto Part II/Naruto Shippuden. Anyone disagree?

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sogeman said:

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,278 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Kill off Hinata, it would make a better story (since she totally useless)

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I thought it was a decent chapter but I didn't like that Naruto was saving everyone. I'm also curious as to what Kabuto wants to summon, could it be whatever was in the sixth coffin?

@Sogeman said:

ND

Post by Dream (7,628 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
@Sogeman: Wouldn't hurt to kill off some characters, you know like showing how war's supposed to actually kill off people among both factions. But with this being the popular shounen series it is, it won't happen and even if a character appears dead, they will somehow come back from the dead in some half-assed way. Ask Kakashi and Shizune about how that went during the Invasion of Pein arc.
Post by Om1kron (143 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Destinyheroknight said:

Naruto is totally going to end up with her, you know this right?

Secondly I'm amazed nobody is clamoring over the explanation of the lack of hand seals from characters and how shadow clones don't need to perform them since they're already jutsu's and something or other. I for one liked this issue, I wish the anime wasn't sucking elephant cock right now.

@Om1kron:

I highly doubt it, since all signs point to Sakura (I given up on Hinata a long time ago) I just don't care anymore

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Om1kron:

I highly doubt it, since all signs point to Sakura (I given up on Hinata a long time ago)

NO WAY!!! lol

@Om1kron:

NO WAY!!! lol

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

He can only have one or the other, hokage, or sakura he can't have both it would be un like the author to abide by that. Besides half of the fruit cakes on deviant art want Naruto and Sauske to end up with each other on some No.6 shit.

@Om1kron:

He can only have one or the other, hokage, or sakura he can't have both it would be un like the author to abide by that.

LOL! I guess he end up with no one

Post by tximinoman (54 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I think this isn't gonna be the last saga. Naruto series need a saga with Sasuke as the one and only villain, he has never been the main villain, at first there was Orochimaru, then Pain and now we got Madara and Kabuto. This series is about Naruto and Sasuke and about their paralel life paths (Naruto on the light and Sasuke in the darkness).

When this war gets to a conclussion (in 4-5 years) Naruto's gonna be THE hero, and when that happens Sasuke need to become THE villain.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@Destinyheroknight said:

They should kill off Sakura by having Sasuke end her

ND

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Newdeath said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

They should kill off Sakura by having Sasuke end her

ND

then have Naruto snap and go kill him

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel