Weekly Naruto: Chapter 557

Topic started by GodLen on Sept. 29, 2011. Last post by DXmagma 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Even though the previous kage’s are being destroyed like Yamcha throughout his life, there is one who is making a decent last stand against Gaara and Onoki, the Second Mizukage. He is much more powerful than previously expected, more so because his abilities counter Gaara’s sand attacks well. Now no one can tell you that oil and water do not mix, because right now they are kicking some major ass with an infinite explosion technique.

THE GOOD

Mizukage makes a great point throughout this chapter, that I think more of these resurrected villains should have taken throughout their battles. They should not be helping the good guys defeat them, but rather letting the bad guys figure out their weak points on their own. Those old bastards are dead for a reason, and if the new generation of ninja cannot defeat them, then there is no hope for anyone. Though, even if the Mizukage gave these gentlemen advice, this would still be an extremely hard battle for them.

Basically, there is a short version of the Mizukage who is a walking time bomb made of oil and water. He can explode as many times as he wants, and still be able to reform back to his original shape. This thing is also super fast as well, and able to attack on its own. He cannot be stopped and the world is going to end!

Yet, Gaara is a smart cookie, he uses the gold dust his father fought with to help aid him in his victory by fusing it to the exploding clone, causing it to slow and to help dissipate the heat so that it won’t explode. The Mizukage is as good as defeated, good going Gaara!

THE BAD

I really have no problems with this chapter, and I’m glad Gaara defeated him using his brain and not his brawn. However, there is a part of me that would have liked to see Gaara go crazy and whip out a whole bunch of techniques, like his did when fighting Kimimaro. Also drunk Lee should have participated.

THE VERDICT 3/5

This chapter was good and all, but this week my real Naruto attention goes to this well crafted video.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Amazing.... Great choreography and effects. Camera work is great for the most part as well.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,247 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I having a feeling that Naruto going to disappoint me (somehow) pretty soon(it being to good now) But great chapter, keep it up Kishimoto and I want more zombies like Mizukage

Post by Little_Socrates (45 posts) See mini bio Level 10

That was an excellent video. It sounds like Naruto's in a good place right now.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12
everyone in Naruto is a smart ass this days....except Kabuto
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

that mizukage is stubborn. haven't seen a character that won't die like that in decades.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

It's a good chapter and I liked that Gaara didn't need any help from Naruto to win. I'm tired of Naruto defeating everyone. It was good to see another character do something significant for a change. What I didn't like was that we still have seen no sign of Sasuke since that one appearance of his weeks ago.

@MrASSH0LE said:

everyone in Naruto is a smart ass this days....except Kabuto

QFT

ND

Post by zaldar (1,253 posts) See mini bio Level 15

not sure I get the video completely but then I don't watch naruto or read it much anymore. Very much a casual fan. I vaguely think I remember the third gate stuff but not completely. Naruto was always stronger than "bushy brow" though wasn't he? As bushy brow couldn't use the "magic" ninja techniques? I mean where was naruto with the 20,000 clones he can do...

Also I assume the hero stuff...that places it after the current arc in the Manga?

Post by DXmagma (31 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@zaldar: Yeah Rock lee can't use Chakra so he can't do any Jutsu (Which is basically magic). However he's an amazingly good hand to hand fighter and really god damn fast. In the first series he was one of the strongest characters, until Gaara broke his arms and legs.

Post by zaldar (1,253 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DXmagma: Yea I remember now...in the end where they had to fight each other (tuning exam?) he allmost one his fight. What was the gate stuff about...was it to increase speed? I seem to remember a gate of death from somewhere.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Newdeath:

It is one of the reasons I enjoy the series is that the creator uses badass chekhov's gun mixed with great strategy to have the character win.

Gaara uses his father's gold,I wonder if he's going to continue after the fight.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@MrASSH0LE: Yeah that's true. Too bad Kabuto is being a complete idiot.

ND

Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Kabuto is just using those Kages as a distraction, he still has a secret weapon up his sleeve

Post by DXmagma (31 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@zaldar said:

@DXmagma: Yea I remember now...in the end where they had to fight each other (tuning exam?) he allmost one his fight. What was the gate stuff about...was it to increase speed? I seem to remember a gate of death from somewhere.

Chunin, but yes. Basically everyone has like, 8 gates of chakra and unleashing them can give you insane...well everything. It's also hella dangerous though.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel