Weekly Naruto: Chapter 555

Topic started by GodLen on Sept. 15, 2011. Last post by GodLen 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Naruto has been very busy in the kitchen, baking up all sorts of different varieties of finishing attacks. Despite his hard work, none seem to work against this strongest shield of the Narutoverse, the third Raikage, even his strongest attack the rasengan shuriken. Now Naruto will attempt the impossible, the beast bomb, but will it work?

THE GOOD

Naruto seems to have endless power up to this point, but right now it seems to have left him for some other shonen hero (probably Ichigo). Naruto’s attempt at the beast bomb has failed, he hasn’t quite mastered the technique yet. In fact, he looses his Nine Tail form too as well, Naruto has been doing too much lately and he is running out of power. Now the only idea Naruto has is to contact Bee and the Eight Tails in order to see how one can make such a nasty scar on the Raikage’s chest.

However, the Eight Tails really doesn’t remember anything about how the Raikage got the scar, too busy watching Bee piss. But he does tell Naruto that he remembers them both falling with their jitsu’s activated. This might not seem like help for us normal genin, but to a genius like Naruto this was all the information he needed.

We see him transform into his Sage Mode form, remember that? He needs it because he has better reflexes, reflexes he will need to dodge the Raikage’s one finger attack. He then uses his rasengen to push his own hand into his own chest, brilliant! The strongest sword beats out the strongest shield. I love Naruto for things like this, using his smarts to beat out an impossibly strong foe. Though now everyone knows how he got this scar, so the Third’s reputation is forever ruined.

THE BAD

What really bothered me in the beginning of this chapter was Naruto’s conversation with the rubber ninja guy. “What you need is a communication ninja to patch you through.” “You are in luck, I am a communication ninja.” Why not just say, “I’ll patch you through Naruto since you are in a hurry.” GAH!

THE VERDICT 4/5

Look at that, Naruto beat his foe without having to pull a new type of rasengen out of his ass! We were left with Gaara fighting the Mizukage, which isn’t going well for Gaara. This story is probably going to concentrate on Gaara right now as he fights the Mizukage, though you never know, Naruto might show up to this battle as well.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Pretty good chapter (I still think Kabuto is dumb)

Post by JayDox (118 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Does any one else think Hidan might be a major villain later in the series?

And also, I hope Gaaras fight lasts 5+ chapters

Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Destinyheroknight
Why? I've been hearing this a lot and I agree. Is it because he doesn't just make all them killing machines rather than keep their personalities?
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@JayDox: I think Hidan isn't coming back, since he is in pieces, and effectively is dead, unless he can get sewn together.

I think Garaa might die in the next chapter, or get close to.

@Kurohige:

Why? I've been hearing this a lot and I agree. Is it because he doesn't just make all them killing machines rather than keep their personalities?

He doesn't make them into killing machines (until he feel like it), that just bug me to death (there no reason for it, it clearly back fire on him)

It make Hody Jones and Ginjo plans make more sense (Ok, probably not)

Post by JayDox (118 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Halberdierv2:

Really? The series makes money. So I would think that Kishimoto would use bringing Hidan back as an excuse to milk it. That's what I would do. And on the subject of Gaara dying, I hope not. He is a cool character.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@JayDox said:

@Halberdierv2:

Really? The series makes money. So I would think that Kishimoto would use bringing Hidan back as an excuse to milk it. That's what I would do. And on the subject of Gaara dying, I hope not. He is a cool character.

he may be a cool charcter, but so is Naruto's dad, Jiraya and Sarutobi Hokage, and I don't think they're coming back. the story needs to flow a certain way based on the characters chosen to partake in it, not on who is popular or not.The story is coming to and end, and hidan wasn't that popular of a character to warrant a sudden return with who I believe is The Sage of Six Paths (in the hidden coffin.) I could be wrong, though.

Post by VanTesla (30 posts) See mini bio Level 10

So Sage Mode has better reaction speeds, but Nine Tail form is faster than the 4th Raikage? Is the Third Raikage faster than his son? I want more explenation on the different forms in some book from Kishi. Naruto should be able to create a normal Rasengan without a clone at this point of the series in my opinion... Naruto has come a long way in his level of understanding in battle tactics and chakra control to be able to use the Rasengan normal like his father and jiraiya.

I want to know why Rasengan Shuriken had no effect on the Raikage armor when it's Lightning based (weak verse wind based)... Even being the strongest armor in it's class should still be cracked by one of the most powerful wind element attacks in the series.

I enjoyed the chapter and like how Naruto figured out how the Raikage recieved his scar and used his rasengan to reverse his attack on him self. Naruto statement on Garas defense is hugely biased for being his friend when you look at Garas record of what has bypassed his defense...

Post by GaspoweR (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@VanTesla: There was an explanation why he can't form a Rasengan on his own. Its because his own Chakra flow is screwed up so he can't create the chakra shaping needed to create the sphere with both hands. I can't recall which chapter this was or the episode this was mentioned but there's an explanation for that.

Post by VanTesla (30 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Destinyheroknight said:

Pretty good chapter (I still think Kabuto is dumb)

I agree on that... If he used the Jutsu correctly we would have all the Shinobi dead by now....

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15

you invented a jutsu that is basically " i can only hurt myself with this jutsu"? wtf are you? Vidya gaem boss?, So one just need to bend your arm then trip you?

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@cfatalis said:

" i can only hurt myself with this jutsu"?

He can't only hurt himself have you even read the last chapters?

He took out tons of soldiers with it.And took all the Hachibi's tails using.

It would be more accurate to say that he has a defense only he can pierce.

Post by DXmagma (31 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Destinyheroknight said:

He doesn't make them into killing machines (until he feel like it), that just bug me to death (there no reason for it, it clearly back fire on him)

Well he would have to take complete control of them to do that and he has dozens of soldiers on the battlefield, it would be like playing every street fighter and MvC AND Tekken at once. This way it's more like playing them all as the computer. Less effective then doing it yourself but less of a strain, and it probably drains Kabuto's own Chakra to have greater control over a single one of the, much less dozens.

@VanTesla said:

So Sage Mode has better reaction speeds, but Nine Tail form is faster than the 4th Raikage? Is the Third Raikage faster than his son?

It's not so much higher reaction speed then it is his chakra sensing abilities. The Third is wearing a chakra armor, so it'd be a clear advantage. Also it wasn't really a comparison to nine tails mode as much as it is a comparison to normal Naruto. Nine tails mode drains his Chakra as well so he needs to use Sage mode while it's recovering, since sage mode uses natural chakra. And yes, the Third is far faster. Also when naruto is in Nine tails mode he an form all his Rasengans by himself, usually single handed.

@DXmagma:

Well he would have to take complete control of them to do that and he has dozens of soldiers on the battlefield, it would be like playing every street fighter and MvC AND Tekken at once. This way it's more like playing them all as the computer. Less effective then doing it yourself but less of a strain, and it probably drains Kabuto's own Chakra to have greater control over a single one of the, much less dozens.

He said he can switch them into a bloodthirsty puppet (which he usually do when he feel like it), if it was me I'll make them bloodthirsty puppets right away (also there is no risk to him for doing it)

@MrASSH0LE said:

@cfatalis said:

" i can only hurt myself with this jutsu"?

He can't only hurt himself have you even read the last chapters?

He took out tons of soldiers with it.And took all the Hachibi's tails using.

It would be more accurate to say that he has a defense only he can pierce.

I will paraphrase "I have a jutsu that is easily turned on me and could fatally hurt my previously impenetrable armor, oh kayyyyy, I don't know why you want to ever use that jutsu, he could just instead use the second most powerfull and not fatally get stabbed

@cfatalis:

Because well it is most powerful technique and it could be turned like well any technique.

@MrASSH0LE: which begs the question, why not use his second most powerfull for instance?, it seems that less finger would mean more power, we know that he uses two with naruto, why not go with the ammount that still carries the attack power BUT wouldn't penetrate his shield, safer method no?

@cfatalis: it only happened once when he used it and that the same thing could of been with the rasengan and chidori,a summon or any close range attack.

Your basically annoyed because is attack is strong enough to hurt him which is the case for anybody in the Naruto universe or most anime universes for that matter.

@MrASSH0LE: No I am annoyed why this character is given the weakness of "Hurrr Durr I have a very bendable attack that could penetrate my impenetrable shield", although that is a very kishimoto way of doing this, other than pulling a new type of rasengan. It happened once, then he used it again, has he no self perseverance? Then again kabuto IS an idiot

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel