Weekly Naruto: Chapter 550

Topic started by GodLen on Aug. 5, 2011. Last post by GaspoweR 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

If you remember last chapter, Naruto spat up a crow, Nagato summoned his emo animals, and Kabuto still hasn’t learned how to keep his soldier's mouths shut. The fight is intensifying between these two powerhouses. Will this crow that Naruto barfed out help or hurt Naruto?

THE GOOD

This crow is indeed helpful for the orange ninja. We confirm this chapter that Itachi really is just an amazing ninja and an amazing person. He implanted the crow into Naruto back in the day because he knew that one day he would have to fight Sasuke, and Naruto would need his power. It was a little confusing at first, but it goes something like this.

Itachi knew Sasuke would want to get this hands all over Itachi’s eyes, so to combat this he gave Naruto a crow with a sharingan eye that would activate if Itachi’s eyes were ever used against Naruto. At that point they would cast the jitsu “koto amatsukami” which would force him to protect Konoha. However, since Itachi used his own eyes instead, he was cursed by the spell, which in turn broke his connection with Kabuto. Now Itachi is free to do whatever he pleases, and is pretty much immortal I believe. Good job Itachi with that one.

However, they have not won the ball game yet, for Nagato has finally used his eyes to kick some ass. He has somehow absorbed enough chakara to return back to his normal form. Things are not looking too good for these two.

THE BAD

Wow, if Nagato fought this well before, he wouldn’t be dead in the first place.

THE VERDICT 4/5

I’m really curious at seeing what happens with Itachi now that he is on the good guys team (once again). Though I have a funny feeling that he isn’t going to be around long for Nagato will probably take him out, or Itachi will have to sacrifice himself to save Naruto. Either way, nice lariat Bee!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,283 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm wondering why Naruto didn't get mad at Itachi for trying to take away Sasuke's free will, it kind of mess up

Also Itachi little eye plan can fail in so many ways

Itachi said protect the village of Konoha which means Sasuke have to protect the village not the people, so he can easily twist it around by believing it would be more easier to protect the village with less people in it. Also Itachi forget that Sasuke betray the village, I think they won't welcome him back with open arms

Post by chickdigger802 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Yeah, it does seem that every other arc or so they talk about yet another crazy uber powerful thing uchiha got hanging around with their eyes.

Love how naruto is slowly just turning into a staring contest. literally and figuratively.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Oh come on, do the weekly Bleach already! This is TORTURE!
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Things are getting convoluted. This series more and more feels as if it's running down to a finale. This war is being used to tie up basically every loose end the story ever had.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@AgentJ said:
Oh come on, do the weekly Bleach already! This is TORTURE!
PLEASE. This was awesome too (at least Itahi is a good guy again, for a while) but I really wanna see Bleach.
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
This chapter was awesome. I love that Itachi's crow finally came into play. Plus it's nice that Itachi is an ally of Naruto now.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Loved the chapter ,Itachi is pretty smart.
Post by Anupsis (2 posts) See mini bio Level 5
My question is that if Sasuke has Itachi's eyes how does Itachi still have them?
Post by TheSaiyanGod (102 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@MrASSH0LE said:
Loved the chapter ,Itachi is pretty smart.
To quote my buddies at Japanator: 

Naruto: "Hurrrk! My confidence in my newfound powers and insistence on thanking everyone and everything for my awesomeness has backfired! I am literally eating crow!"

Zombie Itachi: "Naw, man. You're just starting off my next lecture on Deus Ex Machina 101."

Naruto: "Deu-what?"

Zombie Itachi: "It's new ninja academy course I'm teaching. It's about working improbable, utterly silly twists into your fighting manga's plot to give the illusion of complexity and infuriate your readers."

Zombie Nagato: "Oh jeez, the readers' anger is taking form.....and it burrrrrrnssss!!! What in the Sage of Six Paths' name possessed you to do this?!"

Zombie Itachi: "You mean besides Kabuto's evil undead possession jutsu?"

Kabuto: "!!!!...This pressure...I sense someone's trying to blame me for something dumb...."

Zombie Itachi: "Yeah, so about this class of min--I mean Kabuto's. He got the idea from James Franco teaching a course about himself. He figured that while I'm back from the grave, I may as well teach people about Deus Ex Machinas, because I'm a walking example of one."

Naruto: "How so?"

Zombie Itachi: "You see that crow you just hocked up?"

Naruto: "I CAN'T UNSEE IT."

Zombie Itachi: "It was a failsafe I put into you, like, forever ago, in case you had to fight someone who was mind-controlled and just so happened to try to use a Mangekyo Sharingan on you."

Naruto: "That's a pretty specific contingency. How does it work?"

Zombie Itachi: "It works by using references to events, powers and characters from the past that had never been discussed previously, introducing new rules and mechanics as if they were well-established. Like how this ability is based on that of my best friend Shisui, who has only before been mentioned in passing, much less what he could do and his motives for doing so."

Naruto: "That's incredibly convenient. I'd go so far as to call it contrived."

Zombie Itachi: "Hence my--I mean Kabuto's use of myself as a prime example Deus Ex Machina."

Naruto: "..."

@AgentJ
umm k?
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@MrASSH0LE said:
@AgentJ:  umm k?
you do know that he descripted the event pretty aptly, that chapter reads "DEUS EX MACHINA" all over
@cfatalis
I simply stated I liked the chapter and then he comes with this thing as he 's looking up to the Bleach review which also had a DEM . So not only was his comment not needed but it is also pretty hypocritical.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@MrASSH0LE said:
@cfatalis:  I simply stated I liked the chapter and then he comes with this thing as he 's looking up to the Bleach review which also had a DEM . So not only was his comment not needed but it is also pretty hypocritical.
this is the internet, everyone is free to comment on what is made public by it , there is no unneeded comment, God len have been delaying off his bleach review, hence why people ask for it.He is also commenting on your position that Itachi is smart, while he is saying that what displayed is DEM
@cfatalis said:
@MrASSH0LE said:

this is the internet, everyone is free to comment on what is made public by it , there is no unneeded comment,
Yes,by this logic whatever I said should be fine.
@cfatalis said:
God len have been delaying off his bleach review, hence why people ask for it.

Yes, but he also referred to Bleach chapter as awesome
@cfatalis said:
He is also commenting on your position that Itachi is smart, while he is saying that what displayed is DEM

Well a from the story's point of view ,he would of indeed been smart even this was a DEM (DEM having sex with a Chekhov gun).Plus I don't like arguing with you my problem is with Agentj
Post by GaspoweR (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Ah, I just wanted to point out something to the author about "the bad" part in the article. Well, Nagato didn't actually get himself killed in battle but he in the end died helping Naruto out. Remember that chapter when he used up all his chakra to revive everyone he killed during the Konoha assault?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel