Weekly Naruto: Chapter 548

Topic started by GodLen on July 20, 2011. Last post by Stariel 3 years ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

We are really getting to know Gaara, and his wonderful past. Did I just say wonderful? No, it’s horrible, everyone hated this sand controlling ginger kid, or so we believed. It appears now that he had more friends then we believed, and his mother really loved him. So was his emo nature all for naught? Let’s find out!

THE GOOD

This week’s chapter was a pretty emotional one, or at least an emotional one for Gaara. He learns that everything he thought he knew about his past could in fact be a lie, thanks to his jerk father. Even Yashamaru who Gaara thought hated him, was in fact doing his father’s bidding to ager Gaara to see if Shukaku would go berserk. Basically all the troubles in his life is due to his father, for his father thought he was doing what was best for his country. Gaara’s mother always loved him, and would do everything in her power to protect him; this is why the sand always protects him, much like Naruto’s mother protected him. Awww, mother buddies.

Though in the end his father confesses everything to Gaara, and Gaara seems to forgive him, thanking him for finally giving him love for the first time. Though getting love from a zombie is not the same as the real deal, but Gaara has no complaints. Now his father is sealed, and the war continues. The other kages are ready to rumble and its time for everyone to roll up their sleeves and give it their all.

But who cares about them anymore when both Nagato and Itachi ran into Bee and Naruto! I’m not sure how Nagato is going to fight without his Pain boy band, but Itachi is going to go crazy, I’m excited!

THE BAD

I wish Gaara’s father would have put up a better fight, but on the other hand Gaara is just that good. Though I decided that I do want to see another Gaara vs. Rock Lee fight. Make it happen.

THE VERDICT 3/5

Now that we know everything about Gaara’s past, we can now move on. I’m sure now that Gaara is free, the other kages will soon fall. Same with Naruto, since he is so powerful right now, I’m sure these two members of Akatsuki will be no problem for him.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,170 posts) See mini bio Level 21

So, Gaara break down on the battlefield and the zombies kages didn't take him out :(

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
now comes the fight I knew would happen, although, I'm sad in how early this happened, but at least we find out the secret to defuse Sasuke's time bomb from his brother, or so I think..
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Gaara's scenes were surprisingly non-ridiculously cheesy. I want to see Itachi/Nagato... but I think this fight will be a huge let down.

So many Edo are committing suicide or giving up the fight and telling people exactly how to beat them. If there was any one Edo that would make sense to happen in, it'd Nagato fighting Naruto again. He got talked out of being a bad guy the first time the two of them met. Even if they do fight

• Madara has his paths
  • He's crippled and can't even walk on his own
  • Even when he was top strength with his Paths he got whupped by Naruto, who is now like 1 billion times better in every stat.

Itachi is almost in the same boat. Now that he's a "good guy" (I don't see it, but that's popular opinion) I don't see him fighting all out. Before he died he seemed to have a soft spot for Naruto so I can see him telling him exactly how to beat him. Even if he doesn't

• Naruto and Bee have got their Bijuu in check so Genjutsu won't work
  • Susanoo isn't invincible and I think 100 rasengans, black chakra rasengans, and Bee's black chakra blast would dent it up pretty badly if not shatter it completely
  • Non-overpowered Sasuke could outrun Amaterasu for a while and he was nowhere near the speed of the 4th Hokage but Naruto is.

Like all of his attacks don't seen like they'd work against Naruto. Maybe Bee, but that's a big if imo. I want to be wrong and see an insane fight, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
While it was good to see Gaara let it all out, I must admit that I wasn't really interested in that part anymore once Naruto and Bee encountered Itachi and Nagato. Now all I care about (other than seeing Sasuke with his new EMS) is Naruto and Bee's encounter with Itachi and Nagato. Seems like the next chapter is going to be pretty interesting. 

ND
Post by TheSaiyanGod (102 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Well I can't wait for next week's chapter. The fight ,I hope, is going to be epic I believe there are going to be some talk no jutsu but all those will be relavant.
Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Well screw the rest of you guys.

I cried. Gotta admit it. :p
Post by Tophat666 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 6

I think the Bee, Naruto, Nagato, & Itachi encounter will just be one of talking, & that's all I would want out of it. The shit those 2 must know but never told anyone could fill novels, & could really blow the lid off the mystery of Madara. You save the dead Itachi fighting stuff for when Sasuke is back in the picture(to fuck with his head even more).

@Bellum:

It wasn't that sad, also I saw it coming a mile away

@Destinyheroknight

Mmm. Well I didn't mean to imply that it was surprising, just touching. I love Kishimoto's characterizations.

@Bellum said:

@Destinyheroknight: Mmm. Well I didn't mean to imply that it was surprising, just touching. I love Kishimoto's characterizations.

It not really that good, in my opinion

That's too bad. :/
Also, didn't think it was sad, either. I think the appropriate term is "bittersweet". :p
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Man was I the only one moved by the breakdown? Well i am sure the next chapter will shows how powerful/cheap naruto ahs gotten lol, but I do hope it will be action packed and we can see what Madra has planned for them.
Post by Stariel (48 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Well I honestly didn't like this chapter, we've already had enough about gaara's past since part 1 so I was kind of pissed of.  This is meant to be a war after all and we've already had a flash back with A and B.

The only good part of this chapter was the little conflict between naruto, killer bee and itachi and nagato. 

Next chapter looks to be more interesting though.
@Stariel said:
Well I honestly didn't like this chapter, we've already had enough about gaara's past since part 1 so I was kind of pissed of.  This is meant to be a war after all and we've already had a flash back with A and B. The only good part of this chapter was the little conflict between naruto, killer bee and itachi and nagato.  Next chapter looks to be more interesting though.
I'm lolling because I imagine the next chapters will most likely have itachi/nagato flashbacks aplenty. You'd think you'd be used to it by now. :p
Post by Stariel (48 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Bellum: I certainly hope not.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel