Weekly Naruto: Chapter 547

Topic started by GodLen on July 14, 2011. Last post by Haofan123 3 years ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Last chapter was all about building up the story for this chapter, so this chapter better be damn good! The master of magnetism was easily snuffed out, why do the X-Men still have problems with theirs? Anyways, Gaara is now face to face with his father, who has taken so much from him in the past. Is Gaara now without the Shukaku strong enough to take down his gold dust wielding father?

THE GOOD

This chapter was an emotional battle along with a physical one for our one time villain Gaara. It was nice because the zombies this time are really friendly and want to loose, well except for Gaara’s father. They all at first take a break from the fighting to chat it up. Everyone learns about how far Gaara has climbed, and everybody is impressed that a boy Gaara’s age has grown so far as to become the Kazekage. Also, Gaara has friends, which really surprises the previous Kazekage.

I don’t know about you, but I totally forgot about Gaara’s sad past, so reliving moments from it does help jolt my memory. We learn once again about his father being a jerk, and how small Gaara was when he was born. But this chapter isn’t about babies, its about kage on kage battle, and so the battle begins. We see that in fact Gaara is not alone in this battle. Like Naruto, Gaara’s mother’s spirit is still inside protecting Gaara. After subduing the previous kage’s, Gaara’s father confesses that the strength Gaara wields is not the Shukaku, but his mother’s, because his mother always loved him. Awwwwwwww!

THE BAD

The old kages better put up a better fight than that! I want to see the guy with the no eyebrows do something cool. Or is Gaara strong enough to take out all the kages with one jitsu?

THE VERDICT 4/5

This chapter and the next I’m sure will be a nice conclusion to the story of Gaara, how an angry young boy rose above his emotional problems to become someone great. I’m really proud with how far Gaara has grown, and wish other shonen villains would do the same, like Freeza or the younger Toguro.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,174 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
I’m really proud with how far Gaara has grown, and wish other shonen villains would do the same, like Freeza or the younger Toguro.

Freeza is evil, he genocide planets for fun. There no turning back for him.

Younger Toguro wanted to repent for his sins, by getting kill by Yusuke.

There was no need for them to grow since they was older and know what they was doing

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
'twas quite an enjoyable chapter. although, for his justs to be on par with the shukaku, he's really grown.
plus, I think this is my 1000th post :D
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I enjoyed this chapter. The only thing i didn't like was kishimoto  pulling a plot no jutsu and giving gaara a whole new back story that is eerily similar to narutos. Other than that the fight was epic and it was great to see how poerful gaara has become. Being able to beat 3 kage level fighters singlehandedly is no small feat after all especially when one of them is your father
Post by cowdrunk (39 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Haofan123: Did he make it even more simalar? (sorry havnt read this chapter yet and probably wont for a wile) I thought they were already super simalar when they spelled it out during the chunin exams way back in the earlyer parts of Naruto?

@cowdrunk said:

@Haofan123: Did he make it even more simalar? (sorry havnt read this chapter yet and probably wont for a wile) I thought they were already super simalar when they spelled it out during the chunin exams way back in the earlyer parts of Naruto?

Their backstories are very similar indeed. gaaras new backstory took away form the epicness of gaaras character imo as it is pretty much narutos backstory with minor changes
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I thought the fight was way too short and I always shake my head when these Edo Tensei commit suicide in the middle of battle. Kabuto's complete lack of control over them makes him seem like a clown compared to Orochimaru who was able to get zombies to fight against pupils and friends without having them commit suicide. If the new Pain Paths are this sorry they might all go down in one or two chapters.

I’m really proud with how far Gaara has grown, and wish other shonen villains would do the same, likeFreeza or the younger Toguro.

The last thing shonen needs is more bad guys with sob story backgrounds imo. There's already a drought of genuine bad guys who are bad because they like being bad and not because they were sad lonely children.

@cowdrunk: Nothing was changed. I think Hao forgot what Gaara's back story was or something.

@Haofan123 said:

Being able to beat 3 kage level fighters singlehandedly is no small feat after all especially when one of them is your father

To be fair all of them willingly let themselves get captured and killed rather than Gaara actually fighting them and defeating them.

@

@cowdrunk: Nothing was changed. I think Hao forgot what Gaara's back story was or something.

Yeah, nothing was changed at all.gaaras pre timeskip flashback totally showed that gaaras mom loved him or that he turned into the shakaku after fighting yashamaru or many other things that kishimoto randomly chose to reveal with a plot no jutsu out of nowhere. in fact, if i remember correctly, gaaras mom supposedly hated him but instead that was changed to "oh i love you son and will always protect you thanks to epic plot no jutsu!!!" in  the most recent chapter, so gaaras supposedly tragic backstory was ruined IMO due to these supposedly "surprising revelations"

To be fair all of them willingly let themselves get captured and killed rather than Gaara actually fighting them and defeating them.

doubt it. They all looked genuinely surprised when gaara caught them in his sand. also they said that they were fighting against t their will so the were fighting to kill even if they did not wish to. Gaara won fair and square
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,174 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@Haofan123:

doubt it. They all looked genuinely surprised when gaara caught them in his sand. also they said that they were fighting against hier will so the were fighting to kill even if they did not wish to. Gaara won fair and square

That really don't make them look good, if they was surprised by Gaara's sand attack (It really sound like PIS to me)

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Haofan123:

doubt it. They all looked genuinely surprised when gaara caught them in his sand. also they said that they were fighting against hier will so the were fighting to kill even if they did not wish to. Gaara won fair and square

That really don't make them look good, if they was surprised by Gaara's sand attack (It really sound like PIS to me)

or just a lot of bad writing considering every edo has went down the same way thus far
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Haofan123 said:
@

Yeah, nothing was changed at all.gaaras pre timeskip flashback totally showed that gaaras mom loved him or that he turned into the shakaku after fighting yashamaru or many other things that kishimoto randomly chose to reveal with a plot no jutsu out of nowhere. in fact, if i remember correctly, gaaras mom supposedly hated him but instead that was changed to "oh i love you son and will always protect you thanks to epic plot no jutsu!!!" in  the most recent chapter, so gaaras supposedly tragic backstory was ruined IMO due to these supposedly "surprising revelations"

Don't forget that we only ever heard Gaara's side of the story. This is the first time we've gotten a chance to hear another side. And i kind of disagree about the ruining of Gaara's back story. I can see where you're coming from, but it's still tragic in that he still believed everything Yashamaru said, so it might as well have been true to him. Sure things will be better for him now, but he still had to get to this point believing everything Yashamaru said, which is still incredible development. Plus, it's still pretty tragic because what the Kazekage and Yashamaru did to him was still ridiculously cruel. Also, the Kages aren't done yet. They're still going to fight back.
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@Haofan123 said:

doubt it. They all looked genuinely surprised when gaara caught them in his sand. also they said that they were fighting against t their will so the were fighting to kill even if they did not wish to. Gaara won fair and square

They told him their weak points, what their abilities were, and even gave him a strategy to use against them. Additionally he had the Tsuchikage and Temari's squad of ninjas fighting with him. That's not a straight up fair and square battle or at the least it's not one to pull feats from or judge Gaara's skill by. His enemies didn't want to fight and they told him everything necessary to defeat them as easily and quickly as possible.

Post by UchihaSasuke (6 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Why is this filed under One Piece?
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@UchihaSasuke said:

Not that I am aware of...as of now, it is filed under the "Just Manga" forums.

Post by UchihaSasuke (6 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@ShadowKnight508 said:

@UchihaSasuke said:

Not that I am aware of...as of now, it is filed under the "Just Manga" forums.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@UchihaSasuke: Oh...I was looking at it in forum view, not the article view as that appears under. This might have been a mistake on GodLen's part, since he does do the One Piece Weekly manga articles on AnimeVice as well.

@sickVisionz said:

@Haofan123 said:

They told him their weak points, what their abilities were, and even gave him a strategy to use against them. Additionally he had the Tsuchikage and Temari's squad of ninjas fighting with him. That's not a straight up fair and square battle or at the least it's not one to pull feats from or judge Gaara's skill by. His enemies didn't want to fight and they told him everything necessary to defeat them as easily and quickly as possible.

They said they would tell him but they did not nor was there any indication of them doing so. They were fighting to kill albeit against their will. There was also no indication of the army of ninjas behind gaara fighting the edos. They charged and thats about it. The onlythings that are certain in this chapter is gaara defeating 3 edos and that there was a random flashback about gaaras past
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel