Weekly Naruto: Chapter 545

Topic started by GodLen on July 1, 2011. Last post by Destinyheroknight 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Finally, it seems like for the first time in this manga everything is going Naruto’s way. His clan, hell the whole ninja world has just given him permission to basically run wild and to do as he pleases. This is a dream come true for Naruto, and now only Madara will be able to stop him, and stop him he will with his new paths to pain, the previous Jinchuuriki! Can Naruto survive this time?

THE GOOD

This chapter is basically the good guys catching up with all the current events, and telling Naruto about what the current situation is right now. Or in short, reminding the audience about the power of this new enemy. This might be new to Naruto, but Madara already knows about this plan, because of course he fought Naruto’s Mother before, so he knows about her powers. Everything is falling into Madara’s hands nicely.

However, Naruto will not be talking his way to peace this time, Madara is too far down the path to evil to be swayed by Naruto, which makes me a very happy boy. We are then blessed with Naruto’s first battle scene after he received his new super saiyan indian chief powers, and boy is he powerful. We witness Naruto doing what he does best: making up new powers on the spot to combat new situations. He quickly takes them all out, which in turn transforms them back into trees, what a green way to destroy your enemies! After this small battle is finished, he uses his mass cloning jitsu to send a Naruto to every battlefield, to destroy all his enemies at once!

THE BAD

I felt like there was a lot of repeating of information during this chapter, but since this manga and this magazine is targeted for children, I suppose it is understandable.

THE VERDICT 3/5

Good chapter this time, but mostly all in the second half. I’m really liking Naruto (the character) as of late, he surly has grown since the first time we saw him. Now that Narutos are going to be everywhere, I’m sure this battle will progress even faster than normal, but according to Madara this is all according to plan. I guess this isn’t going to be easy after all.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,783 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I think the Mini-rasen Shuriken was just too much of an overkill..... 

Overkill your name is Naruto (It would be great if he can do it with the middle finger)
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I don't think this is aimed at children anymore, the manga has grown with the audience, so this is teenager to young adult territory. but still, Mr. Super Sayian Indian Cheif is going to give some good battles.

also, where is EMS Sasuke?  I want him to appear so he can be rid of once and for all.
Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10
The Rasengan variants never disappoints me. I can't wait to see the clash of the Jinchuurikis and Uchiha Madara.
Post by Emdimian (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Sasuke won't show up, obviously, until this arc ends so that he can be the antagonist for the next arc.
Post by Lambwisegamgee (23 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Whats the next step, mass rasen-shurikens?

Because that would be so epic.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,300 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Halberdierv2 said:

I don't think this is aimed at children anymore, the manga has grown with the audience, so this is teenager to young adult territory. but still, Mr. Super Sayian Indian Cheif is going to give some good battles. also, where is EMS Sasuke? I want him to appear so he can be rid of once and for all.

It still aim for kids, it always will be

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Destinyheroknight said:

@Halberdierv2 said:

I don't think this is aimed at children anymore, the manga has grown with the audience, so this is teenager to young adult territory. but still, Mr. Super Sayian Indian Cheif is going to give some good battles. also, where is EMS Sasuke? I want him to appear so he can be rid of once and for all.

It still aim for kids, it always will be

It's a shonen series. The target audience was always teenagers. And pre teens.
Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Rasengan Riot was pretty nice. I can't really see the new Paths putting up much of a fight even with sharingan eyes. Naruto is 4th Hokage speed, insanely strong, has mastered the Kyuubi (bye bye Genjutsu) and can be in this state with dozens of clones running around. That seems like a game over for anyone, especially these zombies who have all been pretty terrible versions of their former selves and some have even lost the will to fight in the middle of battle.

I think Madara faces off against Naruto I think he will just add a new chapter to the history book of him getting his ass kicked all throughout the time.

@Halberdierv2 said:

I don't think this is aimed at children anymore.

There may be a little bit of blood but this is purely like 12-15 year old stuff. At least I'd hope so. If Kishimoto considers this to be adult level storytelling...

@ninjadude853:

It still for kids

Post by Lurkero (412 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Halberdierv2 said:
I don't think this is aimed at children anymore...
The standard for "kids" in Japan is different from USA. Not sure about other Western countries.
Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Primary audience is teens, yeah. I think very slightly lower than DBZ (though the storytelling is actually leagues beyond in quality).

Psyren is a good example of a shonen that really should be sienen, I think.
Post by JThree47605 (1,005 posts) See mini bio Level 10
This chapter was great in my opinion, hopefully Naruto grows some and destroys the hell out of Sasuke
Post by All_StarSupes (778 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Naruto is just being built up for an epic fail when EMS Sasuke turns up, that's all the chapter seems to be indicating to me.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Naruto sure adapted quickly to these powers. He seems overpowered now.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@all_starsupes
EMS Sasuke is just Sasuke with the manekyou but not blind right? 
@sickVisionz

There may be a little bit of blood but this is purely like 12-15 year old stuff. At least I'd hope so. If Kishimoto considers this to be adult level storytelling...

Even if Naruto had bad storytelling it doesn't mean shit , Hellsing has some of the worst storytelling I have seen in a manga yet it is a seinein
Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@mrassh0le said:

Even if Naruto had bad storytelling it doesn't mean shit , Hellsing has some of the worst storytelling I have seen in a manga yet it is a seinein

Not so much about quality (Naruto is of exceptional quality), but themes present, along with the amount of the story-telling equivalent of hand-holding, which Naruto has quite a bit. Much like Avatar, it's written well enough to appeal to a wide audience, but is clearly aimed at a younger one.
Post by All_StarSupes (778 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@mrassh0le: No EMS Sasuke is Sasuke with Itachis eyes, meaning he can't go blind and he'll gain extra abilities. I prefer Naruto by a long way but you can tell he is being built up to get owned by Sasuke.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Bellum
Agreed but I think Naruto is aimed at teenagers(in terms of the younger audience you were referring to ) as it is mostly read by by  teens in  North America and Europe and shounen is for kids from 10 to 18.
@all_starsupes
Uh ok I thought you meant Naruto the manga was heading for a failure.
@mrassh0le:   
Hellsing show more blood and guts then Naruto ever have, it not the story 
Anyway though Hellsing is kind of a parody of the sienen to me   
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel