Weekly Naruto: Chapter 543

Topic started by GodLen on June 17, 2011. Last post by MrASSH0LE 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

We learned lots of interesting new stuff these last few chapters about everyone’s favorite rapper Bee (sorry Kanye). Like his brother in arms is named A, so does that mean we have to start calling him B instead of Bee? Now that I think about it, they should have made his tailed beast a giant bee with eight different stingers, I could live with that. Anyways, things are heating up in A and Bee’s flashback, let us see how things conclude.

THE GOOD

The battle between A and Naruto’s father Minato resumes, though is quickly finished once A realizes that there is no way for him to actually win this battle, Minato’s teleportation is just too good and can’t beat A’s speed. This should have been A’s wakeup call, he isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

Back to the present, and Naruto and A are going at it like an emo couple at a My Chemical Romance show. However, Naruto isn’t preforming as good as his father once did. Bee assists, but his attacks are nothing more than a distraction at best. They aren’t able to get through, and won’t be able to do this alone. Tsunade finally steps in, telling the Raikage that at this point their armies need all the help they can get and it would be best if they all worked together. He isn’t buying it, and won’t budge until he see’s proof of their strength. Of course Bee will show them their strength, through the power of his lariat.

A has never used all of his strength during his previous lariat battles with Bee. But he has been downplaying Bee’s power ever since he became the Raikage. Bee ends up taking this guy to the ground with his power, and explains to him that his power doesn’t come from the monster inside of him, but his friendship with A *cries*.

THE BAD

Can’t say there was anything bad about this chapter. Though it does make me feel sad that Naruto probably things Sasuke is more of a friend than Bee, who has done lots more to help Naruto than Sasuke ever did.

THE VERDICT 4/5

Really good chapter this week. Yes, I’ve heard the message that friendship trumps all in this manga all too often, but it still hits me where it counts. Everyone is working as one, and the good guys can finally fight back with 100% of their power. I’m excited to see what happens next.

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@GodLen said:
Can’t say there was anything bad about this chapter. Though it does make me feel sad that Naruto probably things Sasuke is more of a friend than Bee, who has done lots more to help Naruto than Sasuke ever did.
I don't think Naruto's mind works that way. I'm pretty sure that he holds all his friends up to the same level, and that all the shit he does for Sasuke is how far he'd be willing to go for any of his friends. Also, i'm not sure why you felt the need to bring that up. Feels really out of place considering that Sasuke hasn't shown up in about half a year.
Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17
wait, Bee  beat down Raikage in a Lariat tussle? bare handed? O_O
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@ninjadude853
I agree the Gaara retrieval arc exemplifies that.
Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I enjoyed the 4th's flashback. Everything else was more the power of friendship conquers all.

Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

@ninjadude853: Yup you are right! I'm just an old bitter Sasuke hater.

Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@sickVisionz said:

I enjoyed the 4th's flashback. Everything else was more the power of friendship conquers all.

I like how bloodthirsty Minato seems to be relative to Naruto. "You're a killer, I like that." Reminds me of that fic, The Girl from Wirlpool, too.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@GodLen said:

@ninjadude853: Yup you are right! I'm just an old bitter Sasuke hater.

I know GodLen, I know.
Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9
My Chemical Romance are not emo!!! >,<
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@GodLen
It's ok *comes to hug you * will get through this just go watch the Sasuke vs Danzo fight and see how badass he can be.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel