Weekly Naruto: Chapter 515

Topic started by GodLen on Nov. 4, 2010. Last post by Chengy 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Yamato has been kidnapped, the bad guys have found Naruto, and the island turtle has been bitten by the giant snake--things aren’t looking too good. Despite all these problems Naruto is clueless to their existence, stuck within the turtle checking out armadello’s groins. Will Yamato be saved, or will he be recycled?

The Good

Despite popular belief, Naruto is not dumb. He is slowly opening up to the idea that perhaps this mission is, as they say on Cybertron, more than meets the eye. But before he could fully grasp his current situation, Killer Bee begins training Naruto on how to fully control his super ninja form, because frankly he needs it.

While Naruto is training, Tsuchikage has personally saved everyone by picking up the turtle alone and flying it to Cloud country. Now we can finally say without a doubt that this manga has entered Dragon Ball Z power levels, though the Tsuchikage is still way under 9000.

The Kage’s realize that the enemy probably know their location at this point, and will march their armies of about 100,000 toward their country at any time. They realize that they are in a tight position, and the only way for victory will be if they attack first! So begins the 4th Ninja World War!

Not only do they form awesome divisions, mixing ninja from different villages, but they get new forehead protecters that have the character for shinobi on them. Finally, leading the entire army will be Gaara, because he is a bad ass. However, the enemies as well are forming an army of their own, consisting of dead members of Akatsuki, Jinchuuriki, Kage, and other skilled ninja that were killed throughout the series; as if Naruto and gang made it to Dr. Wily’s castle, and have to fight all the bosses all over again.

The Bad

How dare they bring back Asuma! I can’t loose him again! Also, I have a funny feeling that we are going to find out that Orochimaru was actually a good guy, and I don’t want that to happen.

The Verdict 4/5

I really liked this chapter. Finally all those side characters we all know and love have massed together to form one giant army. Not only that, but we get to see all the bad guys that have died once again for one final battle! I’m excited to see the many battles to come!
Post by SamJaz (12,723 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Orochimaru was not a good guy. What most people forget is that while Good often bands together with Good, Evil hates Evil. Remember how Kabuto keeps reminding Madara that he's not planning to stab him in the back? That's because they don't trust each other.

Orochimaru was an evil side all unto himself. He was everyone's enemy. Though I was surprised that he was more competent than he let on.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Orochimaru was just another boss who hated the leaf because of Sarutobi's choosing Minato over him. That's why he chose to grind it into dust although he failed. For what I see he was after what he desired as he always said.

BTW I loved Gui fainting over the the choosing of Kakashi to lead XD 

Also am I the only who is wondering if that old man is stronger than Tsunade?
Post by lastdrag0n89 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Thought it was a perfect chapter, Cant point out anything thats remotely wrong with it. Awesome preview of upcoming events. Cant wait to see how Characters like Shikamaru and Tsunade deal with having their loved ones being brought back to life. Loving Naruto, ONe Piece, and Fairy Tail right now.
Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Nah, Orochi is pretty far from a good guy.  The closest they've come to making him good is a filler conversation between him and Anko where he says, "If we could capitalize on the true regenerative properties of the human body, then so many ninja wouldn't have to needlessly die in war." 

His original intentions that take place  like 20 years before the start of the series might have been positive but he took them in a pretty evil direction.  He might have been researching what Madara was up to and ways to counter it, but I think it's more because he had an inquisitive mind and didn't like the idea of having someone lord over him and tell him what to do rather than him doing it to rid the ninja world of a great evil. 

Good chapter.  My favorite one ever since Sasuke's arc of beating the crap out of Kages, Samurai and Teammates.  My only worry is that they will make every confrontation a sob story.  One or two would be cool but they could potentially have Tsunade vs the dead guy she loved, Shikamaru vs Asuma, Neji vs his Dad (Hinata's dad is still alive right?), Sakura vs Chiyo, and Gaara vs His Dad.

That's too many tears for my liking, but I suppose the potential of Kisame, Utakata, Yagura, Zabuza, Haku and Suigetsu all going at in a Hidden Mist battle royal is enough to make up for it. 

The Deidara zombie was cracking jokes and seemed to keep all of his personality.  If all of them keep their personality and everything about who they were, it'll be interesting to see what Itachi thinks about Sasuke's new outlook on life.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Orochimaru is far from good and isn't likely going to be revealed as a hero.  
Motherloads of reveals and a crazy strength feat for any character in the big 3 shonens atm.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Orochimaru is so evil he makes Voldemort look like wolverine. Kishi may try to humanize Orochimaru a little more, but he won't be good by ANY stretch of the imagination.

I FREAKING LOVED THIS CHAPTER!!!
Post by reptilia_kun (11 posts) See mini bio Level 5
if this ain't hype, then i don't what is XD
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
HST chapter of the week hands down
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Morita_Shunsuke said:
" Orochimaru was just another boss who hated the leaf because of Sarutobi's choosing Minato over him. That's why he chose to grind it into dust although he failed. For what I see he was after what he desired as he always said.  BTW I loved Gui fainting over the the choosing of Kakashi to lead XD   Also am I the only who is wondering if that old man is stronger than Tsunade? "
there's a chance his power concern of gravity

for one he can fly using the same technique
Post by Solitaire (37 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I'm still hoping to see Naruto combine his newly acquired Fox form with Sage mode.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,642 posts) See mini bio Level 25
More and more this series is starting to feel as if it's nearing the finale. When you look at the army the Akatsuki has. It's basically one huge gallery of nearly everyone who has ever been in the series if they are dead. Once you defeat an enemy force made of of some of the best and baddest characters ever, how do you top that?

Naruto has already gained all the power of the Kyuubi and gone glowing Super Saiyan. What was the point of Sage Mode if he was just going to use it for that one battle. That's one of the reasons I became so bored with Naruto. You never get to appreciate the moves a character learns, because they just move onto a new one after using it once.

@Solitaire said:

" I'm still hoping to see Naruto combine his newly acquired Fox form with Sage mode. "

I'm not sure that would be even possible. Given where the power for Sage Mode comes from.
Post by Solitaire (37 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@FoxxFireArt said:
"What was the point of Sage Mode if he was just going to use it for that one battle."

"I'm not sure that would be even possible. Given there the power for Sage Mode comes from. "
That was my feeling as well. We finally see Naruto achieve something that puts him on par with someone like Pain, and not a second later, Pain's defeat is eclipsed by the revelation of Madara, and Sage mode is completely forgotten in favor of his Fox powers.

I'm REALLY hoping we see some further use of the Sage mode as it really is Jiraiya's last testament and gift to Naruto, and all we have to remember him by.

And while I completely agree with you that the source of the Sage Chakra is a complete contradiction of the unnatural chaos that is the Kyuubi.

Possible or not, it's be pretty freakin' awesome.
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,291 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Asuma is back? on the evil side? crap.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15
THIS WAS AN EPIC CHAPTER!!! Amazingly done Kishimoto, you deserve a pat on the back. Some real action is finally starting.  Sasuke finally made an appearance!
Man this is gonna be an intense war!  
its practically gonna be ninjas/samurais vs zombies, and not just any zombies, SUPER ZOMBIES! 
I never used to care about zetsu that much, but man, it seems that the venus fly trap guy is actually important XD 
cant wait for the next chapter! 
Post by taichokage (13,287 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
4/5? You must be kidding. This was the best Naruto chapter I've read in years. Also saying they are dbz level is way too far fetched. Bleach is not on dbz level yet and as a whole they are stronger than Naruto chars. So is One Piece. It's just that Tsuchikage is super badass but he can't represent the whole Narutoverse. He's just one uberly powerful character, the first one in naruto to demonstrate true flight, and super high strength. BTW the ending of the chapter was badass to the extreme. Kishimoto deserves some respect after  this chapter alone.
Post by NarutoMangaNow (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Is Itachi the last body on the right for when they say their gonna resurect the akatsuki memebers or is it some1 else? 
@NarutoMangaNow:  
it is itachi!!!!! D: 
kabuto resurrects him earlier and he is shown in a previous chapter. But yes, it is itachi. 
i wonder what sasuke's reaction's gonna be eh? XD
OMG u know what i just thought of guys? what if Jiraiya comes back. If he does, i will cry. D:
Post by narutogeass (94 posts) See mini bio Level 4
awesome chapter
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel