Weekly Naruto: Chapter 512

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 7, 2010. Last post by BraveToaster 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
It has been some time since we have seen Naruto the manga, and Naruto the character; finally I can dry my tears. If you remember correctly Madara had taken what was his, the Rinnegan eyes, and have finally decided it was time to target the last remaining jinchuuriki.

The Good

The jig is up, Naruto and his fellow ninja have finally come to the conclusion that there is a very good probability that the enemy knows about their current location. So what can they do in this situation? Of course everyone with half a brain knows that the smart thing to do is to get Naruto and Bee out of there. However, those smart cloud ninjas actually put Naruto on a giant turtle, and not an island, so getting the hell out of there will be easy!

Unfortunately, things are not going to be easy because Kabuto has made a request asking Madara to allow him the honors of taking care of Naruto. This is definitely a bad thing, for Kabuto has his dead Akatsuki members on his side, and if you remember correctly Deidara can fly. Not only does Deidara get to take care of Naruto, he also gets a little tidbit of information from Madara about Zetsu. Basically Zetsu is a being created with the cells from the first hokage, and there are more than one of them, one hundred thousand to be exact. Yes, it’s Attack of the Clones all over again, and Kabuto is Count Dooku.

The Bad

Surprisingly I was actually pretty pleased with this chapter and its newest revelations. Now Akatsuki are a lot more powerful, seeing as they have a very strong army at their hands. Though I wonder why Madara didn’t make use of them earlier to kidnap Naruto?

The Verdict 4/5

Because of this chapter alone we now know there is going to be a big showdown in this manga’s future, you might even call it a war. This isn’t a bad thing for at least now a majority of the older characters we haven’t seen in a while can participate. Though I wonder if all the dead Akatsuki members will have big battles once again, or if they will be defeated pretty quickly? Things are getting good!
Post by LightAce (6 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Dammit Kabuto why won't you die, and why do you have a snake tail?
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I think the new Super Naruto form might be able to !@#$ stomp a few re animated akatsuki members, although I guess it depends on what abilities they get to keep. 

Great chapter though.
Post by ninjapanther (12 posts) See mini bio Level 7

it has deidara has died but was he he in this picture: 

Post by Yogan_Kaji (30 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Naruto may be top tier yet. 100,000,000 hokages and revived akasuki plus Zetsu' power up? We are looking at some real battles here.
Post by sauceatron (11 posts) See mini bio Level 3
yogan, it's 100,000. you added too many zeros.  

also, chris, of course there is going to be a war. madara declared ninja war 3 a long time ago. that's the reason why he didn't use those zetsus before. the point of him doing all this was to start the war in the first place. why would he use his army of soldiers prior to the war starting?  
Post by afrokola (14 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I've still got some hope in Naruto, but let's get onto something interesting already! I know that the series has a lot of highs and lows but it's really a bummer when they last for this long; although, I guess I should just be glad that Sasuke hasn't had his little side-story of the month yet.
Post by Bestostero (24 posts) See mini bio Level 16
This does look pretty "epic" as far thinking down the line at future fights...but I will only be exciting if everyone* gets a chance to shine...

I'm tired of seeing the same people fight...I want to see more from Tsunade, I LOVED the threeway battle between her and the other Sannin(sp?)...but since then, she hasn't done much, and I know she's hokage for a reason, so lets see her in action!
Post by DevilMayhem666 (261 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Hellos:
I think it wouldn't be that easy since you have to remove their souls to beat them.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@DevilMayhem666 said:
" @Hellos: I think it wouldn't be that easy since you have to remove their souls to beat them. "
no no, you just have to leave nothing to be regenerated

Naruto had a jutsu that function exactly like that
@cfatalis:
Hmm...true.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@cfatalis: what you mean the reaper death seal? wouldn't that kill him?

@Yogan_Kaji:
there not actually going to be as as strong as the first hokage, yamatos not that tough

personnaly i loved this chapter, it finally answered my quesition about how akatsuki was goint to fight a war with so few people
Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Great chapter. I'm guessing in the next chapter Kabutomaru will tell Naruto that he's actually Orochimaru and that Kabuto's been dead ever since he merged with him. That'll be awesome. Doesn't everyone like creepy Orochimaru more?

@xhavoc86:
I'm guessing She will shine in the War. Hell we might see her in some war clothes.
 @GodLen:

Yes, it’s Attack of the Clones all over again, and Kabuto is Count Dooku.

Well, Kishi did say that he was a Star Wars fan.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@ninjadude853:  oh no, not that

what i mean was the cell grinding property of rasen shuriken
Post by Yogan_Kaji (30 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@ninjadude853:
I am so confused, so are they all zetsu, or hokage clones or whats going on?
Post by dudeglove (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Um... does everyone have a goldfish memory or something? Isn't it fairly obvious that he's going to use all the uchiha eyes he collected to give himself a clone army via zetsu?

Post by sickVisionz (4,220 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I didn't like this chapter that much.  When it was just Kabuto and Madara talking I was interested.  The first growing out of a tree was kinda goofy but I could look past it.  The final page with a million zetsus came off as super cheesy to me. 

I'm interested in seeing what Kabuto does though.  I've been a fan of his since they introduced him in the forest of death.
Post by BraveToaster (91 posts) See mini bio Level 10
The poo has hit the fan. Can't wait to see the battles.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel