Weekly Naruto: Chapter 508

Topic started by GodLen on Sept. 4, 2010. Last post by Naruto79 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Last week Naruto himself was out of action, but lucky for us we had Guy sensei in his place. The fight between himself and Kisame is over, with Guy taking the win with a giant tiger head he created with his fists alone. However, Kisame escapes after bitting his own tongue off and overpowering his shackles, but will he come out victorious?

The Good

Kisame is not giving up yet, even though he’s a bad guy and really only cares about himself, he will not hand information about Akasuki over to the good guys no matter what. Like before any death in anime, we are given a flashback about the dead man’s life. Here we see Kisame and Itachi share their first conversation together. Kisame warns Itachi that he will have no problem betraying him and eating him for dinner, yet Itachi doesn’t really care; I wouldn’t either if I was Itachi.

So after the flashback is over, we all have a pretty good idea knowing what fate awaits our shark ninja friend. When surrounded by enemy ninjas with nothing else to do, of course there is only one thing to do, and that is to feed yourself to a pair of your own summoned sharks! Kisame doesn’t want anyone to know any of his information, so the only way to keep it safe was to kill himself. However, he had one final thing up his sleeve, and that my friends was the scroll. When opened it trapped everyone in a water prison with their own personal shark, leaving the scroll to be carried away by a shark in it’s own water prison. With that the shark swims out to sea and the enemy wins, great.

The Bad

What the hell? How can a shark swim through the air in a water prison? When Kakashi was stuck in one he wasn’t bouncing all over the place, but stuck in one spot. If you were going to do something as stupid as that, why not just go all out and give the sharks wings made out of water? Or just get the eagles from Lord of the Rings to pick up the shark and deliver the scroll that way. But come on, don’t have the sharks swim through the air. What’s even more pathetic is that Naruto couldn’t even stop it from escaping. With all his power he couldn’t stop one silly shark, how the mighty have fallen.

The Verdict 3/5

The chapter ends with the big baddie confronting Konan, who has almost done nothing throughout the entire series, so we should be excited that next chapter we will be seeing a fight with her in it. Though her death is an almost given, sorry Konan fans. The question on all of our minds is if the shark will truly escape and inform someone of their hideout, or if somehow the scroll had been swapped, or Naruto jumps on his frog and stops it from leaving. I predict it will escape, because it wouldn’t be interesting if their wasn’t any drama.
Post by rubberluffy (569 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@GodLen: 
 Kisame dying did nothing for me (outside of it being cool), since I feel him being dead won't be have any affect on anything, since he didn't do much of anything while alive.

Also, that was not Nagato at the end, it was Konan, which the little side-note said "what will Konan do?!".  I'm guessing you read the same translation I did, where it looks like Madara is calling the person Nagato, but I believe it should be read like "where is the Rinnegan (aka Nagato's body)".  At least that's the conclusion I came to after having to reread it a few times.
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
One Piece 5, 5   Bleach: 4:5 Naruto: 3:5 WTF 
Yea the shark chase bored me too. Naruto has been getting boring ever since the last Sauske vs Naruto fight ended with Sauske leaving with Madara
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,170 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@GodLen:  
Now we can say "Naruto have jump the shark."   
Staff
@Destinyheroknight:  http://instantrimshot.com/
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,170 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@GodLen:
LOL!
Staff
@rubberluffy: ah yeah i was confused too. I don't remember her at all so I forgot her name as well :)
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@rubberluffy: 
Kisame's death was beyond predictable. Even how it happened you could see coming.

@GodLen:
What is it with Kishimoto? Is he just so far out of ideas that he always has to end one fight with the start of another? It's as if he wants to get this to the finale as fast as possible.

I'm starting to wonder if Naruto is going to start training again to control these new powers.
Post by rubberluffy (569 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@FoxxFireArt: 
What I don't get is why fake his death against Raikage/Bee way back when, only to just have him die for real without doing ANYTHING?  Getting double clotheslined by two badasses would have been a way cooler death.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@rubberluffy said:
" @FoxxFireArt:  What I don't get is why fake his death against Raikage/Bee way back when, only to just have him die for real without doing ANYTHING?  Getting double clotheslined by two badasses would have been a way cooler death. "
He didn't expect to be revealed when he did, though it turns out he did do "something". That being revealing the location of his boss' enemy. 
Post by zaldar (1,236 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Sharks with wings of water HAAAAAA!  Very good.  And yes I think we can now say naruto has jumped the shark...though I have to say the early shippiuden episode where they were redoing the bell training I saw was done very well.
Post by Naruto79 (58 posts) See mini bio Level 3

This chapter was kinda slow. I hope the next speeds things up a lil'. I need Naruto to be twice as exciting since I've got 2 more weeks of no One Piece. Thank goodness Bleach is doing better already... 

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel