Weekly Naruto: Chapter 507

Topic started by GodLen on Aug. 28, 2010. Last post by wholesale 4 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Last week we had the rematch of the century, Guy vs. Kisame. Well, not really the rematch of the century, more like a fight we have all been somewhat waiting to see happen sometime in the future. Well it’s here, promising us a conclusion in this issue. Like any shonen death match, its ends with the two combatants launching “fireballs” against each other, but this time the fireballs are giant animals. Will Guy be victorious, or will Naruto have bigger problems on hand other than his sprained ankle?

The Good

Well it appears as if Guy’s super move is in fact a giant tiger head that creates an enormous shockwave that destroys everything in its path; AWESOME! He even goes on to say that it isn’t a ninja technique but a combat move, like a punch. I don’t know how that works, but that’s amazing! “That’s not my motorcycle officer, that’s just the way I walk!” As you can imagine, Kisame did not fair too well against the power of unrestrained youth.

Kisame then easily gets captured, and has an interrogation moments later. However, unlike a normal legal interrogation, a ninja can just enter your mind as if it was a KFC, and Kisame’s KFC is as depressing as one in the real world. Kisame seems to have been tricked a majority of his life, since Madara has been controlling his boss for quite some time now. He realizes that this world is nothing but lies. But before he could see Madara’s face, Kisame bites his own tongue off breaking the interrogation. With that he Hulks out and the fight is on again, but will he be able to do anything this time?

The Bad

Poor Naruto still has his sprained ankle, do something already! Also, Guy really needs to flip out and destroy Kisame for good; hell he already had his flashback, that means anything is game.

The Verdict 3/5

I hope Guy finishes the fight next chapter, and I hope it isn’t just more of Guy’s beam spam. What needs to happen is a return to real combat arts, the one where he punches and kicks people to death. Also, Kisame is pretty screwed now that everyone of power is standing a few feet from him; I don’t believe he is going to survive this.
Post by JasonBog (29 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I can understand the flak that Naruto's getting for not doing anything because of a messed-up ankle. But as someone who recently has had to spend 4 weeks in a cast and am currently in the 4 week period of walking awkwardly in a medical boot due to a broken ankle, I can guarantee that ankle injuries are way worse than most non-injured-in-the-ankle-region folks think. At the same time, I'm a non-athletic regular-ass human and Naruto now has some serious Super Sayain powers, so what's his excuse for laying around and do nothing but play Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Mario & Luigi 3 for a month?
Post by Dream (8,324 posts) See mini bio Level 21
This chapter had another case of "sympathy before death" flashback for a baddie. For anyone not getting what I mean, a number of the baddies in Naruto have had flashbacks to attempt getting the viewer to sympathize with them and quite often, these flashbacks occur shortly before their demise. This has happened with Sasori, Deidara, Orochimaru, Pein and recently Danzo. Looks like Kisame's gonna be fish food in the next chapter or two with Samehada no longer his and being in the shape he's in.
Post by Gasero (167 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Seriously? A combat move that makes a giant tiger head? 

Okay Kishimoto. If you are going to make Guy and Rock Lee not be able to use ninjustsu that's fine. Don't make up moves that basically hinder that fact useless, just make them fight within their limits and make it compelling that way. I think I would like that better.
Post by Naruto79 (58 posts) See mini bio Level 3

This chapter coulda been better by far but I'm sure the anime will make it stretch something good when they get to it in a year or so. :os But I digress, I too am blown about the fact that Naruto can heal a hole to the chest in seconds but he's been KO'd with a ankle boo boo for a couple weeks now. Gotta luv how they use that "damn fox" for their own purposes, when they wanna... 

Post by rubberluffy (596 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Gasero: 
Only Lee can't use Ninjutsu.  It was never said Guy couldn't.  In his first appearance he used summoning and he used it again in this chapter.  Guy just happens to prefer Taijutsu and therefore made the best teacher for Lee.
Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I disagree with the "Naruto needs to do something already" complaint. Naruto has done enough, he has earned a chance to sit one fight out. This series has such an huge cast of characters and I'm tired of all of them being kicked to the side so Naruto can be the one to fight every single villain that comes up. Let Guy have his moment, hell let everyone in the village have a moment, I'd love to see Naruto just go "I gotta stay off this ankle for a month, everyone else fight the Akatsuki until then."
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I actually thought that was it for him when Guy punched him agaist the ground! 

I can't wait for Lee to learn this technique and beat the crap out of Neji 

Sorry but as cool as he is I still have a grudge against Neji..
Post by TensaZangetsu (8 posts) See mini bio Level 11
This was an awesome chapter but i don't want to believe "that green turd" has so much power O.o
Post by Roldan (81 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Dream: 

i think what you meant to say is that this was a chapter that showed the reason why they act villainous. But this wasn't a flashback >_>.. 

this chapter was ok, liked it more then Bleach that for sure.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,474 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i have to admit it, i hate naruto but ive always thought guy and le were super friggin funny they were 99% of the reason i barely keep up with naruto
Post by UsachanMaN (4,659 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Dream said:
"This chapter had another case of "sympathy before death" flashback for a baddie. For anyone not getting what I mean, a number of the baddies in Naruto have had flashbacks to attempt getting the viewer to sympathize with them and quite often, these flashbacks occur shortly before their demise. This has happened with Sasori, Deidara, Orochimaru, Pein and recently Danzo. . "

OMG SO TRUE! :D lol
Post by zaldar (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 15
bleach does the same sympathy before death thing.  It is really a shonen staple I think not just a Naruto thing.  Not sure if DZ did it but quite possible (I never liked DZ)
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Bleach and One Piece were good, but I have been dreading Naruto these last 2 chapters 
Post by sasuke0447 (174 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@secretzfan said:
"Bleach and One Piece were good, but I have been dreading Naruto these last 2 chapters  "

agreed i love naruto but it has been bad for the last couple of weeks
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Actually kisame lost because he did the kamehameha pose wrong
Post by Dream (8,324 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Roldan: It's technically a flashback since Kisame is re-experiencing his past memories from getting probed by Aoba.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Awesome chapter 5/5
Post by wholesale (7 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel