Weekly Naruto: Chapter 499

Topic started by GodLen on June 19, 2010. Last post by tobi_tobi 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
In the last chapter of Naruto, we were pleasured with a very pleasant discussion between Naruto and his mother. We find out that Naruto is a spitting image of his mother, personality wise. She helped naruto calm his soul, and help prepare him for the battle ahead, but can this really help control a demon that has been inside Naruto since birth?

The Good

The final battle between Naruto and the Nine Tailed Fox is over, and what a doozy it turned out to be. Naruto’s mother’s presence did indeed calm him down, chase away all the evil, and gave him the spirit to fight. With this he was able to do the impossible and row row fight the power, like making a bajillion rasengans and using them to hit the fox all at once.

The Nine Tails did not go down easily, getting up simply after each blow. Using all his might, he was finally able to rip the soul out of the fox, and insert it into his own body. With that Naruto became Super Saiyan Indian Chief Naruto, and sealed the fox once more inside him; but this time Naruto’s in charge. After the battle Naruto’s mother unleashes a giant bomb of a reveal, that she was indeed the previous Nine Tails jinchuuriki!

The Bad

I can’t really say anything was bad in this week’s chapter. Only that there will not be a new chapter next week, that’s pretty bad.

The Verdict 5/5

Finally Naruto overcame the demon that has been terrorizing him throughout his entire life, and watching him beat it down was actually kind of rewarding. Like I previously requested, we are finally going to see what actually happened when the Nine Tails attacked the village and ultimately ended up within Naruto, so I’m looking forward to that. But with these plot points concluding, I have to say that Naruto looks like it might be on the final stages of its life, what do you think?
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I really enjoyed this issue for some reason, I loved the twist at the end and the art was awesome. Im happy that Naruto is not going down the bleach road...yet.
Post by Dream (7,093 posts) See mini bio Level 20
You mean broken baddies who don't know when to quit god-moding (*cough*Aizen*cough*)? XD
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17

loved both twists, what has naruto got to do with the sage of six paths, two amazing chapters, great job kishi. 

Hopefully Kubo will take some notes
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
It was another good chapter, i have nothing to say about it and that's for the better lol
Post by Animelove5 (15 posts) See mini bio Level 6

This was an excellent chapter to bad we all have to wait 2 weeks. :(
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Amazing chapter
Post by CrazyCanuck (169 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Chengy said:
" loved both twists, what has naruto got to do with the sage of six paths, two amazing chapters, great job kishi.  Hopefully Kubo will take some notes "
Yeah I saw that too... did I miss something, I only started reading recently.  The only resemblance I noticed were the markings on his neck being similar to the sage of six paths.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,555 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Rasengan rengan.... 
Ownage....
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
   @CrazyCanuck said:
" @Chengy said:
" loved both twists, what has naruto got to do with the sage of six paths, two amazing chapters, great job kishi.  Hopefully Kubo will take some notes "
Yeah I saw that too... did I miss something, I only started reading recently.  The only resemblance I noticed were the markings on his neck being similar to the sage of six paths. "

Mainly note the Hairstyle of Naruto, the horn like appearance he shares with the sage, also as you mentioned the necklace. The fox also states something like "This is The sage of the six paths.... ?" when he does the sealing jutsu, either thats an ability of the sage, showing naruto is somehow gaining the sages powers. 

Im predicting sometime in the future, Konan will give Nagato's eyes to Naruto and he will go full Sage of the six paths mode on Sasuke's eternal Mangekyo
Post by sergio (84 posts) See mini bio Level 18

I think naruto is going to win against sasuke

Post by ajdbz13 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
@Little_Sparrow: i agree,man...i remember when people last year was sayin naruto's mom 
was killed by madara and the 4th is still alive...man there were rong! lol 
it was a great chapter,love the art!!!
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 25
This is starting to make me think that Naruto is nearing a finale. Not immediately, but not that far off either. Look at all the new abilities he has. He has that sage mode and though he hasn't mastered that yet. He's learning to control the Nine Tails. Once he does that, what else is there before he starts to become ridiculously powerful?

They aren't leaving any real room to grow.

Contrast that to One Piece that has only reached the half way mark.
Post by Naruto79 (58 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Naruto vs. Sasuke II (not including the small/interupt'd battles) has gone a batter reflective of Orochimaru/Jiraiya to First Hokage/Madara to now the sons of the Sage of the Six Paths. This is gonna be EPIC!!! As far as the story goes... thank you for enlightening us in an appropriate way to all the secrets of Naruto instead of continuing to have this hang over our heads!!! This has been an epic 10th year of Naruto. :o) 

Post by Bellum (127 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Super Saiyan Indian Chief Naruto

OMFG *dies laughing*

Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
The bad? How about the fact that Naruto's mom is the exact carbon copy of Naruto? And the most predictable plot twist in the world? Naruto has certainly improved over the past couple of weeks but lets not delude ourselves, this chapter was still pretty bad and just goes to show that Kishi is slowing losing all originality and sense that he has left.
Post by sasuke0447 (174 posts) See mini bio Level 8

well i think the chapter was pretty good but i agree wit foxx cuz not a lot of room to grow but does naruto control the kyubi completely now?
Post by JThree47605 (1,004 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I loved this chapter!! Seriously, the final battle between Naruto and Sasuke is shaping up to be epic, hopefully Naruto grows some balls in that fight and stop with the whole "I'm going to be Sasuke back to the village and everything is going to  be how it used to" that is getting so irritating.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

this chapter was just over EPIC!!!!
Post by MrDirector786 (4,497 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Whoa, I never actually noticed that the part around his neck looked like the thing around the Sage of Six Path's neck.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel