Weekly Manga Releases: March 11, 2014

Topic started by takashichea on March 11, 2014. Last post by takashichea 6 months, 1 week ago.
Post by takashichea (12,290 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome to this week's manga releases, I'm your editor, Taka. This week has the last volume of Arata: the Legend. I haven't heard or read it yet, but for fans, it's a must buy. I would love to hear thoughts on this series. I'm looking forward to Attack on Titan's prequel story and a parody spin-off series. I'm a big Attack on Titan fan, and any fan should check out these two manga series. I heard about My Little Monster since my friend, UsaChanMan, recommended the anime series to me. I still haven't check it out yet. I'm in a mood for another romantic comedy series.

Hope you enjoy this week's manga releases. All comments are welcome. I would love to hear your two cents on these manga series. Thank you.

• Disclaimer: I'm not selling manga to you guys and gals. This blog is to promote the manga industry by getting you guys and gals to support the official release.
  • Sources: All plot summaries and data are from ANN's Manga Releases page. Plus, I stole some English covers from PikaHyper, a great mod from Comic Vine. He probably knows I do.

This week, I used Fandom Post since I had a few issues with ANN. Gundam Origins Vol. 5 isn't release until next week in stores like Amazon and Right Stuf. ANN did not include Arata: the Legend, Attack on Titan: Before the Fall, and Ranma 1/2. Only the Fandom Post source had them listed.

Past Quick Pick Manga Threads

07-Ghost Volume 9
  • Distributor: Viz Media
  • Suggested retail price: $9.99
  • Amazon: $9.45
  • Right Stuf: $6.69

The paths of one evil god, two rival empires, three unlikely bishops and seven brave ghosts converge in the destiny of Teito Klein, a boy who vows to master a powerful artifact known as the Eye of Mikael in order to lay bare the secrets of the world’s—and his own—murky past. / Entangled by the Kraut House’s corruption, Teito finds himself imprisoned in an icy tomb with a strange girl who he swears he’s met before. Learning the dark secrets of Labrador’s past is key to surviving the subzero “garden,” but the trail leading to the gentle Seven Ghost’s sad last days is anything but a primrose path.

Arata: the Legend Volume 17
  • Suggested Price: $9.99
  • Amazon: $8.99
  • Right Stuf: $6.69

The Shinsho Kikutsune, Arata Hinohara’s most daunting foe so far, has stolen the hearing of everyone but Arata himself. Bad as this is, it’s made worse when Arata learns that music may be the weapon that can defeat his enemy. Arata and his allies work through this problem and manage to launch an effective assault on Kikutsune, only to have nature violently intervene and force Arata to act to save lives and face the very real prospect of losing the battle!

Attack on Titan: Before the Fall Volume 1
  • Distributor: Kodansha USA
  • Suggested Price: $10.99
  • Amazon: $8.11

A prequel series to the number one bestseller in Japan. Humanity has learned to live in complacency behind its high walls, protected from the giant Titans. But when a Titan-worshipping cult opens one of the gates, a Titan wreaks havoc, consuming the cultists. After the rampage is over, two young Survey Corps members are shocked to discover a pregnant woman's partially digested corpse - with her baby still alive inside it! What will the fate of this "child of the Titans" be? And how will humanity learn to cope with the Titan threat?

Attack on Titan: Junior High
  • Distributor: Kodansha Comics
  • Suggested retail price: $16.99
  • Amazon: $13.29
  • Right Stuf: $12.74

Eren and Mikasa enter a new school - Titan Junior High! However, Eren's hated Titans for years. Can he get along with his new "harmless" classmates? Featuring all of the characters from the main series as you've never seen them before, this series is sure to delight fans of Attack on Titan with a human vs. Titan volleyball match, a Titan rock band, and more!

Fullmetal Alchemist Omnibus (Vol. 19-21)
  • Suggested retail price: $14.99
  • Amazon: $12.31
  • Right Stuf: $10.04

The story enters its final stretch as the Elric brothers learn of the homunculi's ultimate plan to turn all of Amestris into an alchemical bloodbath on the "Day of Reckoning." While tempted to use the open portal that day to get their bodies back, for now the brothers build opposition to the homunculi-corrupted military with others who have learned of the grisly plan. / While Al learns the secret of the homunculi's origins from his father, Ed joins forces with a familiar homunculus who seems to be having pangs of conscience.

Sherlock Bones Volume 4
  • Distributor: Kodansha Comics
  • Suggested retail price: $10.99
  • Amazon: $8.93
  • Right Stuf: $8.24

Takeru loves dogs, so he heads to the pound to adopt one. When he gets there, he notices a dog who doesn't play or interact with the other dogs, and he brings the dog home. Then he starts to hear voices... But he's not crazy. It's just that the legendary Sherlock Holmes has been reincarnated in the body of this small pup, and only Takeru can hear his human voice! Taking on the role of Watson, Takeru and Holmes (aka, Sherlock Bones) work to solve crimes across modern day Tokyo!

Ranma ½ Omnibus (Vol. 1-2)
  • Suggested Price: $14.99
  • Amazon: $9.48

A remastered 2-in-1 edition of the all-time classic hit from one of Japan’s most beloved creators, available for the first time in a format faithful to the original work.

My Little Monster Volume 1
  • Distributor: Kodansha
  • Suggested Price: $10.99
  • Amazon: $8.89

Mizutani is a self-absorbed overachiever, concerned only with maintaining the highest grades in school. Haru is an impulsive short tempered brute, who scares everyone with his explosive bursts of violence. Haru gets suspended on the first day of school when he encounters some bullies harassing a student and dispatches the bullies with great bloody violence. Mizutani is tasked with delivering school materials to Haru who interprets this as an act of friendship and latches on to Mizutani, much to her dismay. And so begins a strange and potentially combustible relationship!

Adult - NSFW

Click to reveal contents:

There was some Project-H books that were release this week, but I did not see them on Fandom Post or Anime News Network. I notice my friend, PikaHyper, added them this week in Comic Vine. Thought I make a note here.

Embracing Love Volume 2
  • Distributor: SuBLime
  • Suggested retail price: $16.99
  • Amazon: $13.53
  • Right Stuf: $11.38

Adult film stars Iwaki Kyousuke and Katou Yoji continue their romance with a ten-day sexual romp that not only leaves them exhausted but also starts to affect Iwaki's work. To make matters worse, Iwaki decides that now's the time to confess his love for the feisty blond, something Katou is not ready to hear. The tension in their relationship increases when the two are selected to play the leads in competing drama series, causing them to spend even more time apart. Will these two crack under the pressure or will absence make the heart grow fonder?

Hide and Seek Volume 2
  • Distributor: SuBLime
  • Suggested retail price: $12.99
  • Amazon: $10.45
  • Right Stuf: $8.70

On a whim, shop owner Shuji Tanihara hooks up with reserved pediatrician Takafumi Saji. Shuji wasn't expecting much from the fling, but after seeing an unexpected side of the serious doctor while out on a date, Shuji finds himself becoming more attracted to the man. When Shuji accidentally sees Takafumi kissing someone else, he's surprised at how conflicted it makes him feel. To make matters worse, the doctor then tells Shuji that he won't be able to see him for a while! Will the relationship that started as a fling finally deepen into something more.

Post by takashichea (12,290 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Sorry everyone, I tend to post this on Tuesdays. When the clock almost hits 12AM, I post the blog and fix within the hour. It's ready now! Please enjoy this week's manga releases.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel