Weekly Manga Releases: February 26, 2014

Topic started by takashichea on Feb. 26, 2014. Last post by takashichea 4 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (10,935 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome everyone to the last week of February's manga releases! This week's manga catalog for North America is light.

Luckily, I have read both Blood-C and Fairy Tail.

For Blood-C, if you love vampires, gore, and butt kicking gals, this manga is for you. I only read the first 2 volumes of Blood-C, so I can't really say much without spoilers.

For Fairy Tail, it's one of my personal favorite Shonen manga. If you don't mind the over usage of Nakama and lots of fan service, this manga is for you. Fairy Tail has fairly short fights and story arcs. It's easy to get in. For you guys and gals who are looking for a serious Shonen manga, Fairy Tail isn't for you. Fairy Tail is a light hearted series.

Please enjoy the releases we have this week. All comments are welcome.

Note: I forgot to include Blood-C last week. I was overwhelmed by college studies. It was released on Feb. 19.

Disclaimer: I'm not selling manga to you guys and gals. This blog is to promote the manga industry by getting you guys and gals to support the official release.

Sources: All plot summaries and data are from ANN's Manga Releases page. Plus, I stole some English covers from PikaHyper, a great mod from Comic Vine. He probably knows I do.

Past Quick Pick Manga Threads

Blood-C Volume 3
  • Distributor: Dark Horse Comics
  • Suggested retail price: $12.99

As the ruse of her small-town life comes crashing down around her, Saya Kisaragi uncovers the mastermind behind a huge plan to deceive and test her! Katanas clash in this vampire-battling saga, taking the story right up to events in Blood-C: The Last Dark!

Fairy Tail Volume 35
  • Distributor: Kodansha Comics
  • Suggested retail price: $10.99

When Minerva of Saber Tooth sadistically thrashes Lucy to within an inch of her life, Fairy Tail vows vengeance! Their chance comes at the climax of the fourth day's events. It's Natsu and Gajeel vs. Sting and Rogue, the old dragon slayers against the new! Can the stadium contain the sheer power of these wizards' fire and iron?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel