Weekly Manga Releases: April 29, 2014

Topic started by takashichea on April 30, 2014. Last post by takashichea 3 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (11,715 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I'll add images later. Sorry everyone.

All comments are welcome. I would love your two cents on these series. What series are you interested in? Thank you.

Sources

Note: This time, I posted in Comic Vine first since Anime Vice's image uploading is lagging. Plus, it would be interesting to see how the list looks like from being pasted from CV in AV. I did the opposite way for the last Quick Picks.

Thanks to PikaHyper for uploading this week's manga releases.

For the Light Novels, I have to add them in AV's database later.

Last Week's Manga Quick Picks

Attack on Titan Vol. 11
  • Distributor: Kodansha Comics
  • Suggested retail price: $10.99
Erwin and the Survey Corps desperately mount a rescue operation to take Eren back from the Colossus Titan and Armored Titan. But without the numbers to form up properly outside the walls, how can the humans catch up before they're all slaughtered? Just whose side is Ymir on? And will Eren ever see his friends again?
Cardfighter!! Vanguard Vol. 1
  • Distributor: Vertical
  • Suggested retail price: $10.95
Aichi Sendou is a timid middle school teen. He is so shy that even conversing in class is a bit of a challenge. However, one thing that keeps him going through all his struggles - Vanguard. With his ultra-rare Blaster Blade card always by his side, he knows that at least in the gaming world he has a chance to be different.Unfortunately for Aichi, his favorite card was stolen by a vengeful classmate. Furthermore, the Blaster Blade was later lost in a winner-takes-all competition to one of the best players around his community. Now to retrieve his priceless card, Aichi is going to have to break from his mold of shyness and win his property back by finally engaging someone, and in this case a local champ, in an actual Vanguard card-battle!His first battle with Toshiki Kai is an eye opener. It's part learning experience and part coming-of-age moment. And with that first battle and that unexpected first win, Aichi is now on his way towards fully immersing himself in the world of the card game!
Sankarea: Undying Love Vol. 6
On the brink of death, Chihiro finally confesses his love, and Rea, despite being deep into the "turbid period," miraculously regains her reason! But their zombie cat Babu continues to grow more vicious, leaving Chihiro with a terrible choice to make...

Say I Love You. Vol. 1

Mei Tachibana has no friends - and she doesn't need them! Ever since her "friends" betrayed her in elementary school,​ she's sworn off friendship entirely.​ All it leads to is betrayal and heartbreak,​ and she's well enough on her own.​ But everything changes when she accidentally roundhouse kicks the most popular boy in school!

However, ​ Yamato Kurosawa isn't angry in the slightest - in fact,​ he thinks his ordinary life could use an unusual girl like Mei! He won't take no for an answer,​ and soon Mei and Yamato embark on an unwanted friendship that will change both of them forever.​

Vinland Saga Vol. 3

• Suggested retail price: $19.99

Askeladd's band has successfully extracted Prince Cnut and escaped into the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia, where they seize control of a town and hunker down to endure the winter snows. But no ice could cool the rage of the terrifying Thorkell, whose chance meeting with a survivor of Askeladd's attack will put him back on their trail...

xxHOLic: Rei Vol. 1

In the mysterious shop of the Space-Time Witch Yuko where wishes are granted - for a price - will Kimihiro Watanuki discover even more secrets?​ And what will he have to trade this time for the answers he seeks?​

Post by takashichea (11,715 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Transferred my Comic Vine lists. This one is done, too.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel