Weekly Bleach Discussion: Chapter 478

Topic started by GodLen on Dec. 30, 2011. Last post by Justice 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Ginjo is finished, Tsukishima is crying, and Riruka has been stabbed, what more can a man ask for? It looks like our Christmas present from Kubo is the end of this arc. Will we now learn about the backstory of Tsukishima, or will we move on to greener pastures? Let’s find out!

THE GOOD

The way the last chapter ended I fully expected to be thrown head first into the story of Ginjo’s and Tsukishima’s past. But it surprisingly never came. Instead, we are shown the aftermath of the battle, which I thought was still going to continue. Ginjo is dead, which is very surprising because I don’t remember Ichigo killing anyone ever, especially another human. Even more surprising, they just left Tsukishima there crying alone, I mean this guy is a serious threat and they just left him there like a lost child. He finally bumps into Moe, who ends up taking care of Tsukishima, it looks like everyone is friends again.

It appears as if the Shinigami let the other Fullbringers leave with their lives as well, but without their fullbring powers. Maybe they can get them back, who knows. Anyways Dirty Boots has survived, with dirty boots and all. In a surprising turn of events Yukio tells Dirty Boots that they will reform the group in three years. Wait, what? This is why you finish what you started Soul Society! Now they will return even stronger! But I don’t think this is really going to happen that way, if they do return, they might return as good guys. What really makes me scratch my head is the whole three years aspect. Is there another time skip in Bleach’s future, a real honest to goodness one?

The chapter ends with Moe carrying off Tsukishima on his back, a storybook ending some may say. However, it appears as if Tsukishima died on Moe’s back as they look at the rising sun. *Darth Vader voice* Noooooooooooooooooooo!

THE BAD

I was so thrown off by the absence of a flashback I thought I actually somehow skipped a chapter. And then dirty boots comes out of nowhere and all the Shinigami are gone it is easy how one can get confused.

THE VERDICT 3/5

This chapter was OK, but I feel like it could have been so much more. Perhaps it deserves a higher score, especially after reading the last page, but overall I think it is just about average. Hurray, this arc is now finished and it’s time to start another! But it looks like we will have to wait another week. Shonen Jump should return to newsstands on the 11 of January.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

honestly, this chapter was written in a manner that suggested the manga is gonna get cancelled, and was a slapdash ending.

I'm glad Riruka is ok (yayyy~) but the rest of the ending seemed too rushed. why was Tsukishima just left there, even though Moe found him? what of Jackie and Yukio now? is Riruka gonna join the group? the ending felt like the ending I've noticed in the bount arc, and feels rather half-baked. then again, considering how much better the anime is fleshing out the story, I guess we'll have to wait for then to see the arc's ending better explained.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Halberdierv2:

I think crazy old Kubo wanted to get the end of the arc in before the new year, so he could start fresh in 2012.

Did Yukio lose his powers? It seemed like he still had them.

Seriously though, can we finally send Ichigo to Soul Society for a few chapters to see what the hell has been going on since he left?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,298 posts) See mini bio Level 21

So Tsukishima can survive a hole in the chest, but Ginjo can't survive a slash and also what is Ginjo? Is he a Human, a Shinigami, a Fullbring or a Vizard?

What happen to "I got some Hollow in me, same as you"?

@Destinyheroknight said:

So Tsukishima can survive a hole in the chest

Tsukishima died.

@AgentJ:

Where was it stated, he have die?

@Destinyheroknight said:

@AgentJ:

Where was it stated, he have die?

At the end of the chapter. It's even noted in the chapter review above. There's honestly more evidence that he's dead over the fate of Ginjo.

@AgentJ:

Again, this is Bleach

Kubo have pull this a dozen times before and I meant Tsukishima live longer then Ginjo and he was human

@Destinyheroknight said:

@AgentJ:

Again, this is Bleach

Kubo have pull this a dozen times before and I meant Tsukishima live longer then Ginjo and he was human

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced that Ginjo is dead, but we shall see. Frankly I don't care. I just want to see how things have changed with all of Ichigo's acquaintances over three years.

Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I thought we will see some flashback, but we didn't. I wonder what is the next arc gonna be? I am guessing Riruka will join Ichigo's group.

I bet that the next arc will probably involve new captains of Soul Society. Like a flashback of a contest to pick the new captains. There are still some questions here. Who the heck is Isshin really? And also there is the King of the Soul Society.

Post by pepemetalero (14 posts) See mini bio Level 12

but what about Ulquiorra?? Ichigo caused his death too, right?

Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Is it sad that everyone, myself included, is more interested in what's happened with every side character in Bleach instead of what the protagonist is going to do next?

Post by sickVisionz (4,296 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I thought we'd see a flashback when it truly ended, but I totally expected Ginjo saying that he has a hollow in him just like Ichigo meant that we'd see Ginjo in a Hollow Mask or a crazy hollowfied Ginjo if his regular personality took a death blow, similar to how Ichigo's hollow takes over when Ichigo takes a fatal hit.

3/5 is about what I'd give it though. It wasn't a bad chapter, I just wasn't expecting the last chapter to honestly be the end of the conflict.

Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9

To be honest, and i'm not saying this as a Bleach hater..but the series should just end, if feels like there's nothing else to do, we had adventures in the human world...we've had adventures in the SS we've even had adventures in Los Noches, what else can Ichigo possibly do? unless they kill him for good and keep him in the SS

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Alright, Jackie survived. She's cute. I thought they gave her far too much of a sympathetic story to just write her off so fast.

@sharingan_eyes:

Kubo isn't really good epilogues. He never explained in the manga what happened with Tier and Nel Tu. They just disappeared. In a way, I'm glad we had this story. Otherwise, we wouldn't have that hot Latina Jackie Tristan.

What can I say, she's my new anime crush. Though, I also really like Ikumi Unagiya.

Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@FoxxFireArt:

@sharingan_eyes:
Kubo isn't really good epilogues. He never explained in the manga what happened with Tier and Nel Tu. They just disappeared. In a way, I'm glad we had this story. Otherwise, we wouldn't have that hot Latina Jackie Tristan.
What can I say, she's my new anime crush. Though, I also really like Ikumi Unagiya

Jackie is "meh" for me...just like this entire arc, it feels unneeded, like a filler, nothing really happened except Ichigo got his powers back (which i say was a dumb move getting rid of them in the first place) the fullbringers were all boring, the fights were lackluster, and yet again, the Captains appear in the human world...they must have nothing better to do in the SS.

on a different note, i anime crush has been and always will be Misato Katsuragi....mmmm

Post by moonherb (4 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I am very curious to see what the next arc is going to be. I can even say that I'm moderately excited because maybe it'll be exciting. Probably not, but I will keep hope alive!

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,192 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@JonSmith: I have said for ages that if they had killed off Ichigo and pals and focused the manga more on the captains it would have done a lot of good.

IMO the only good part of this manga was that it brings us a step closer to getting back to Aizen. Kubo had seriously better get his act together though, if the next arc is anything like this one was then you can count me out.

Post by Justice (767 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Seemed a bit rushed for some reason, like they had to wrap everytihng up before deadlines or something lol but it still had some sort of charm that prevents me from saying this was a bad chapter.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel