Weekly Bleach Discussion: Chapter 476

Topic started by GodLen on Dec. 11, 2011. Last post by zaldar 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Ichigo is back with his bas ass bankai, but this time it is different than his regular old bankai. However, these changes just appear to be just cosmetic, other than a regular old power upgrade he gets every ten or so chapters. It’s time for Ichigo to wipe Ginjo’s nose in his own poop and say “bad boy”, because that is the only way for him to learn. Let’s get this started.

THE GOOD

This chapter basically was the beginning of the end for this battle. These two powerhouses start their battle, but they seem about even, or at least it looks that way until the end. Despite how even this looks, the Shinigami captains believe otherwise and decide to go home. Surprisingly they were here just to hear Ichigo’s answer to this whole shebang. Fortunately for Ichigo, he answered correctly, and he was allowed to live. What if he didn’t answer correctly, would the Shinigami captains strike both of them down right there? I’m not sure if they could.

This chapter mostly consists of these two posing for the camera. But we see on the last page Ichigo deliver a slice that does real damage to Ginjo. But will this strike really be enough to take him out? I can really go both ways on this one. We have definitely seen people survive worse in Bleach, but in some of the latest chapters these foes have been falling to one hits like this lately, so it just might be curtains for old Ginjo.

THE BAD

This is one of those chapters that reminds me that sometimes Ichigo’s fights are not usually interesting, because he usually fights against people who fight in a similar way to him. And that usually comes down to them hitting their swords at the same time, with energy rippling out away from that clash. Give me a fight between side characters any day of the week.

THE VERDICT 3/5

Like most of these chapters, its really only the last page that matters. Will this battle end next chapter, or will Ginjo pull off another transformation? Perhaps he will pull out a hollow mask like Ichigo...

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,289 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Meh

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Destinyheroknight said:

Meh

my thoughts exactly. I'm quite sure Ginjo's Hollow is gonna pay a visit, along with ogihcI.

Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9

i wish this arc would just end already, please Kubo don't drag it out like the Heuco Mundo arc

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,868 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I was kinda shocked by the Captains' response in this whole thing, they were just there to kill Ichigo if he didn't make the right choice, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

After all Ichigo done for them the numerous times he saved each and every one of them including recently beating Aizen at the cost of his powers they would just kill him because he didn't answer the right way? Really? I think Ichigo should have just gone with Gingo the Soul Society is using him and I think the next arc will deal with this.

Post by chickdigger802 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Lobos_Del_Rayo said:

I was kinda shocked by the Captains' response in this whole thing, they were just there to kill Ichigo if he didn't make the right choice, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

After all Ichigo done for them the numerous times he saved each and every one of them including recently beating Aizen at the cost of his powers they would just kill him because he didn't answer the right way? Really? I think Ichigo should have just gone with Gingo the Soul Society is using him and I think the next arc will deal with this.

Meh, sounds like those were orders from way back, when Ginjo 'defected'.

This whole arc makes a lick of sense to be honest. It feels like an anime filler, but somehow ended up being worse than most of them >.>"

And come on bleach, the only benefit from a 'time skip' is a new hairdo/weapon look? Isn't shounen all about... learning new moves every so often?

Post by zaldar (1,275 posts) See mini bio Level 15

hmmm I actually liked how this went...I mean surly you didn't want the captins to let ichigo become a loose cannon? This actually dealt with some semi-interesting philosophical issues and so was a bit above the normal bleach fighting for the sake of fighting. I suppose though if you don't like that stuff (like much of the bleach fanbase?) that you wouldn't be down with this but I enjoyed it.

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,868 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@zaldar: It's like I said in my post Ichigo has risk his life numerous times for Soul Society even now he is dealing with Ginjo for them. Not to mention he has actually befriended most of the Captains and what not (Kenpachi, Ikkaku, Renji, etc.) and they were seriously just moments from killing him...real nice friends >_>

Post by zaldar (1,275 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: but with the kind of power he has he is like a rouge mercenary yes he has proven loyalty but he can't really operate outside the system, he has to be at least somewhat controlled by the normal channels. Think star wars, if he had turned to the dark side they would have had to put him down. It is a very eastern way of looking at things (the west is much more independent minded) and I do wish they had spent more time on it (have the captains debate it) but as we have seen here....most of the bleach fanbase wouldn't have been interested.

I do like the fact they knew he could take the fight and they didn't need to help him.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel