Weekly Bleach Discussion: Chapter 474

Topic started by GodLen on Nov. 28, 2011. Last post by bluehulk11 3 years ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Sorry about the late review, as you can imagine working retail during this part of the year has kept me busy. So now on to Bleach to experience this super special secret Ginjo is hiding from us, something about the identity of the real villain. I wonder who that could be?

THE GOOD

Yeah, if I was in Ichigo’s shoes I think I would do the exact same thing as he did, but I’m jumping ahead. So basically Ginjo tells Ichigo about the real villain of this little battle they are having, and that is once again Soul Society. This all comes down to this badge, this combat approval license. It did seem odd, seeing that Ichigo was the only shinigami to have it.

However, the truth behind the badge is no mystery once you think about it. All it does is track down the user and prevents the user from destroying the world around him by constricting reitsu. Ginjo is probably also one of those guys who tried to sue Apple because the software is “tracking” him. Is this truly a reason for Ichigo to switch sides and take the battle to Soul Society itself? Listen, since Ichigo works for Soul Society of course they are going to track him. Do I complain that my employers video tape me when I’m working? And then he tells Ichigo that this was all Ukitake’s plan, that he is the real bad guy. You can’t fool us twice Kubo, the quite captains aren’t always the bad guys.

Ichigo gets pissed at all this muckraking and tells Ginjo to shut up as he pulls out a bankai. He was stupid to think this was going to work against him.

THE BAD

I can’t stress how lame Ginjo’s reasoning is. Ginjo needs to go back to FOX news where people might believe that evil BIG BROTHER is watching them. Though I will be upset if somehow Ukitake is a bad guy, cause I take a shine to him.

THE VERDICT 2/5

Maybe this chapter is just showing us how crazy Ginjo mental state is. Hopefully Kubo doesn’t actually make Ichigo get angry over this small problem. I mean seriously Soul Society can not trust anyone, and I don’t blame them for doing this. Hell I would have a hard time believing anyone after three of my best friends suddenly decided to kill me too. Let’s see if Ichigo has what it takes to knock this clown to the ground for good.

Post by warpool22 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6

BLEACH IS A GREEN LANTURN RIP OFF!!!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

This bring up a lot of questions (and they probably wouldn't get answer)

1. Why didn't the Vizards tell him
  2. Why his father and Urahara keep him in the dark about it
  3. Why didn't Ichigo figure it out (he a smart kid)
  4. Why Uryū didn't talk to Ichigo about the badge after he got it
  5. Why Ginjo thinks it would get him on his side

Bleach please stop the silly plot twist, no one is surprise by it

most of the women in bleach are whores

Back on topic

@Destinyheroknight said:

Thats bleach for you. Tite kobo can learn something from Geoff johns ( GL )

P.s I"M NEW

Post by Lurkero (418 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Destinyheroknight said:

All those questions have a simple answer...

Because anime.

Seriously, character motivations and unrevealed info in anime is so random. For example, Ichigo's dad didn't mention his shinigami powers until towards the end of the Aizen fight, and it still isn't clear what Urahara's motives are.

But that's unfortunately one of the reasons why I like to watch anime. The ridiculous awesomeness of some of the battles trumps the motivations behind them.

@Lurkero said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

All those questions have a simple answer...

Because anime.

Seriously, character motivations and unrevealed info in anime is so random. For example, Ichigo's dad didn't mention his shinigami powers until towards the end of the Aizen fight, and it still isn't clear what Urahara's motives are.

But that's unfortunately one of the reasons why I like to watch anime. The ridiculous awesomeness of some of the battles trumps the motivations behind them.

TO me thats one of the things wrong with anime or manga lots of questions are lift un anserd ( spelled right?) and smetimes nothing gets salved and some people go WTF in comics plot holes are filled in later becauce comics never end manga or anime on the other hand does and their a limit on what you can do.

@Lurkero:

This is a manga, most good mangas don't do this. This just make plot holes. I don't want to hear "LOLZ it anime"

@Destinyheroknight ITS MANGA

1. MANGA ABOUT 60% OF THE WOMEN IN THEM ARE WHORES OF SOME KIND

2. 75% OF THE MAIN CHARACTER IS IN HITH SCHOOL AND/OR PART OF SOME CLAN

3. ICHIGO IS A HAL JORDEN RIP OFF RIGHT DOWN TO HIS ORIGIN JUST READ VOL 1

Post by Mr. Dead Pool (37 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@warpool22 said:

@warpool22 said:

BLEACH IS A GREEN LANTURN RIP OFF!!! ICHIGO IS A HAL JORDAN RIP OFF RIGHT DOWN TO HIS ORIGIN JUST READ VOL 1

I will be the first to admit that Bleach does have SOME similarities to Green Lantern and I will concede that it's basically the Japanese equivalent of Green Lantern, but saying that Ichigo is a Hal Jordan rip off is a little much. I would say he's more like Guy Gardner with a little Kyle Rayner thrown in. And yes Aizen is basically Sinestro and the Espada are basically the Sinestro Corps, but I don't call it a rip-off. It would be a rip-off if their zanpakuto let them make anything they could imagine with a green energy and they had to charge them with an oath.

@Mr. Dead Pool:

HAL JORDAN = ICHIGO

ABIN SUR = RUKIA BUT NOT DEAD

GUY GARDNER = RENJI

GUARDIANS OF THE UNIVERSE = THE CAPTAINS

ALAN SCOTT = ICHIGO DAD

GREEN LANTURN AND GREEN ARROW COMIC FROM THE 80'S = ICHIGO & URYU

ZERO HOUR HAL = HALLOW ICHIGO

SINESTRO CORPS WAR = AIZEN STORY

LIST GOES ON ON AND WITH SOME THOR IN THEIR BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY. AND DON'T GET ME WITH SUPERMAN MIYTHOS AND DRAGON BALL

P.S YOU FORGOT THE U IN GREEN LANTURN

@warpool22 said:

@Mr. Dead Pool:

HAL JORDAN = ICHIGO

ABIN SUR = RUKIA BUT NOT DEAD

GUY GARDNER = RENJI

GUARDIANS OF THE UNIVERSE = THE CAPTAINS

ALAN SCOTT = ICHIGO DAD

GREEN LANTURN AND GREEN ARROW COMIC FROM THE 80'S = ICHIGO & URYU

ZERO HOUR HAL = HALLOW ICHIGO

SINESTRO CORPS WAR = AIZEN STORY

LIST GOES ON ON AND WITH SOME THOR IN THEIR BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY. AND DON'T GET ME WITH SUPERMAN MIYTHOS AND DRAGON BALL

P.S YOU FORGOT THE U IN GREEN LANTURN

Firstly: There is no U in lantern! Secondly: What really is a rip-off? I can tell you right now that Bleach is not a GL rip-off. It might have similar elements to GL but it's not a rip-off. Take Captain Marvel for instance, he was claimed to be a Superman rip-off. But what does he have in common with Superman? He has black hair, a cape, and is super strong(He could also fly before Superman could). Hmm, a lot of other characters have those things, but they must be a rip-off of Superman. Captain Marvel's origin? A kid given magic powers by a wizard. Superman's origin? Baby from Krypton lands in Kansas. My point is that characters and even series can have similarities without them being rip-offs. If Kubo adds in power rings and aliens then yes he's copying Green Lantern but he hasn't and most likely won't.

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Bankai made this much more interested in the next issue. I'll be honest, I have no idea why this reveal would even matter, I mean honestly outside it's potential to violate his privacy(which might be a tad bit more reasonable).

@Hellos said:

Bankai made this much more interested in the next issue. I'll be honest, I have no idea why this reveal would even matter, I mean honestly outside it's potential to violate his privacy(which might be a tad bit more reasonable).

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON THE BLEACH/GREEN LANTERN DEBATE?!?!?!??!?!

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Mr. Dead Pool said:

@Hellos said:

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON THE BLEACH/GREEN LANTERN DEBATE?!?!?!??!?!

Kubo ripped off his own stuff when he made Bleach. I have heavy doubts, prior to that disaster of a film was released, he even knew what GL was.

Post by Mutie199 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4

the reason why there are plotholes is because no one would read it if everything was revealed from the beggning!!!!! and they are not plotholes, kubo will reveal everything slowly and astonishingly when nobody is expecting it! and for all we know ginjo is actually LYING!!!

Post by TheLeamenator (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7

2/5...?

Post by WideEyedKitten (28 posts) See mini bio Level 9

I agree with Mutie199, but im pretty sure ginjo telling ichigo all that was a good reason to piss him off and go bankai on him, if he didnt it would have taken a while to find another reason to piss ichigo off to get him to go bankai, if you understand what I mean.

@Mutie199:

the reason why there are plotholes is because no one would read it if everything was revealed from the beggning!

That a mystery, a plot hole is different from it

kubo will reveal everything slowly and astonishingly when nobody is expecting it!

Yeah, when he lose ratings (I pretty much lost all hope for Bleach now)

for all we know ginjo is actually LYING!!!

Why would he lie? It make perfect sense that SS keep track of a dangerous person like Ichigo who beat all there strongest people they have and whom power keep growing (also Ichigo's father and Urahara said at the beginning that Ichigo will hear the true from Ginjo) If Kubo do the lying thing, I'll rip all of my Bleach volumes and totally quit reading/watching it (I really getting sick of this plot twist Kubo throw)

Post by bluehulk11 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5

@Destinyheroknight: thats kubo for you it like the first season of JLU were america saw them as a threat to world.

thats what I remembered any way.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel