Weekly Bleach Discussion: Chapter 469

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 21, 2011. Last post by jamesisaacs 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Things are not looking too good for our shinigami captains, especially Byakuya. Surprisingly he is having a very hard time fighting Tsukishima, not because he is strong or anything, but because of his hax skill. Now not only can he insert himself into another’s memory by cutting him or her, but he can cut an inanimate object and do the same. Meaning nothing is safe when Tsukishima is slicing things up. Let’s see if Byakuya will survive this.

THE GOOD

This chapter starts off on the wrong foot for Byakuya and goes downhill from there. Byakuya has been stabbed, meaning Tsukishima has now entered into Byakuya’s past, kicking garbage cans over, writing “Tsukishima was here” on the walls, leaving Snickers wrappers on the ground and so forth! We see that he used these memories to become close sparing partners with Byakuya, to learn all his strategy and tactics. Now he knows everything this man is capable of, even his “no attack zone” that surrounds Byakuya’s body.

Rukia is not doing any better in her fight. First of all she is too distracted by all the cute stuff that Riruka is making with her insanely stupid looking Love Gun. But Rukia soon snaps out of it and begins to hold her own, however she won’t kill Riruka because it is a Shinigami’s job to protect humans, not harm them. This does not comfort Riruka, and only makes her angerier. She uses her power to transform Rukia into a small stuffed animal, which surely can not hold onto a sword. Nice to know you Rukia!

THE BAD

I got a feeling that someone told Kubo that these fights were too one sided, so he decided to make them one sided but against the good guys this time. Also, why did he make the names Rukia and Riruka so similar. I know they probably look different in Japanese, but they sound very similar to each other.

THE VERDICT 3/5

I’m not sure how these guys and gals are going to claim victory on these foes, but I’m really worried about Byakuya, even though I shouldn’t be. Starklight said it best, the only way Byakuya can win is if the video game dimension ends, and Tsukishima has to then take on Kenpachi, because things like technique and friends really do nothing for him. Hell, Tsukishima might be able to tell Kenpachi more about his own sword than he knows himself. I really want to see this happen now!

Post by Lurkero (412 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Tsukishima's powers seem too strong now. He has more hacks than Aizen's deception powers. Why do the people in the Bleach universe with these kinds of powers have to be evil? I guess it's better than the super power level villains that shows like DBZ and One Piece get, but Naruto seems to balance it out well enough.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

i don't think riruka is gonna kill rukia (I could be wrong, tho), their battle strikes me as a joke battle. the funnier thing to me was that the cover of this week's shonen jump had Ichigo vs Ginjo sprawled across its cover, yet neither showed up this chapter.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,300 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Lurkero:

How is Naruto balance? (also I rather have super power, then hax powers)

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Lurkero:

How is Naruto balance? (also I rather have super power, then hax powers)

Naruto is more balanced because characters do not have to specialize in genjutsu (psychological), taijutsu (fighting), or ninjutsu (magic) attacks. There is also a trump associated with each type of fighting skill. Genjutsu can be broken by stronger ninja, Taijutsu is close range and can be defeated by ninjutsu, and if someone is very good at taijutsu the opponent might not have a chance to use the other two types.

The problem with Aizen was that he never had to fight because he could deceive (hack) an enemy before the battle even starts. It wasn't until the very end when Aizen got his super strength powers that he did more.

The problem with power is that we can end up with a DBZ or Bleach situation where characters simply power up to the next level or unleash their STRONGER ultimate attack to defeat an enemy. There are times when intelligence is used in Bleach, but most of the time I felt like it was power levels and determination that won battles rather than increased competence (especially for Ichigo).

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,300 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Lurkero:

Yeah, but the Uchiha don't follow those rules :(

Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I thought this chapter started off decent enough but the return to teddy bear fights ruined the mediocrity for me.

Also, why did he make the names Rukia and Riruka so similar.

The answer to everything is because Kubo is a hack.

@Lurkero said:

(1) The problem with power is that we can end up with a DBZ or Bleach situation (2) where characters simply power up to the next level or unleash their STRONGER ultimate attack to defeat an enemy.

(1) To be fair, this is Bleach so it ending up in a Bleach situation is inevitable.

(2) Welcome to fight based shounen series.

Post by arrussel (50 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Lurkero: You forgot to mention guys with demons in them and guys who eyes can produce flames that cant be put out , hypnotize people, summon an aurora that can attack ppl, then there are guys who have eyes that can see everything summon anything mess with gravity heal people take souls heal people make machines and ressurect the dead. That manga is definitely more balanced.  
All kinding aside I think Beelzebub is the most balanced every character seems relatively equal in a good way.

@arrussel:

The Kyuubi and the Uchiha are meant to be unbalanced, that's kinda the focus of the show. Everything else is a result of the most experienced ninja learning skills. I get the sense that if the most experienced ninja fought the other most experienced then it would still be even.

All of this is subjective so its not really meant to be an argument. It's just the way I've come to perceive the major shonen shows.

Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@arrussel:

@Lurkero: You forgot to mention guys with demons in them and guys who eyes can produce flames that cant be put out , hypnotize people, summon an aurora that can attack ppl, then there are guys who have eyes that can see everything summon anything mess with gravity heal people take souls heal people make machines and ressurect the dead. That manga is definitely more balanced.
All kinding aside I think Beelzebub is the most balanced every character seems relatively equal in a good way.

Even stil, most of the jutsu in Naruto, even the Mangekyo has limits, if you use them too much, you waste your chakra and die, with the sharingan, you run that risk PLUS you could go blind. the only uber powerful thing in Naruto is the nine tails, and even that can be sealed, suppressed or simply refuses to help.

Post by chickdigger802 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Seriously some people are just unlucky in bleach world.

You see powers like this and crazy shikai's like aizen's and then we have ikkaku's sword that turns into... a spear.

Post by zaldar (1,278 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Ah good to see bleach hasn't changed and is becoming more and more DBZ heh..wonder how long it will be before bleach Kai comes out...

Bleach is best watched skipping around to good fight scenes...but then i am not really a shonen fighting manga fan..

Post by arrussel (50 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Lurkero: I agree with you I was only saying that the balancing is basically the same as Bleach no bad guy should be completely balanced to the supporting characters that would be boring. 

@Sharingan_eyes The Magnekyou Sharingan only limit was blindness but they fixed that and the jinchurikis could befriend their demon animals to remove the limit of their abilities also.
Post by jamesisaacs (10 posts) See mini bio Level 5

"...and Tsukishima has to then take on Kenpachi, because things like technique and friends really do nothing for him."

Well all Tsukishima would have to do is bookmark himself in Kenpachi's memory as the male variant of Yachiru...Kenpachi gets owned. Plus Tsukishima would still know Kenpachi's usual sword swings and foot work etc just by slashing his Zan and his skin. Yes Tsukishima can actually slash Kenpachi.

It's quite hax...oh and i also hope Byakuya loses....this round at least. There is just no need for the good guys to keep winning every battle but obviously the war.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel