Weekly Bleach Discussion: Chapter 468

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 16, 2011. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Last chapter we had the epic fight between shonen and moe, and naturally moe lost; but put up a hell of a fight. Ikkaku impressed us all with his manly speeches and his winning head butt, but Moe also showed his skill with his fullbring powers as well. Unlike any other fullbring user, this man put up a fight. Let’s see if the other people on his team will do the same.

THE GOOD

This chapter really changed things up since the fullbring users and the shinigami started their battle, and may I add for the better. Like most of you I was expecting to see some kind of battle where Byakuya totally rapes Tsukishima, like Tsukishima was nothing but a third-rate hollow, but that didn’t happen. First Kubo shakes things up by taking us back to Ikkaku’s fight because Moe was not defeated yet. However, Ikkaku gives Moe another truly epic speech that impressed not only yours truly, but Moe as well. Ikkaku probably just won himself an underling after everything is said and done, and that would make me very happy.

After these shenanigans we are then brought back to Byakuya’s fight where, surprise-surprise Byakuya is actually loosing! Why? Because Tsukishima is actually a lot more powerful than we ever imagined. Not only can his sword effect the memory of people he cuts, but non-living objects as well! So like he showed us in this chapter, by cutting the ground he was able to insert a memory of himself setting a trap there. Not only that, by interacting with Byakuya’s sword, he was able to witness every single memory it had. Now Tsukishima will know exactly what Byakuya will do at all times; just great. And I thought Aizen was overpowered!

THE BAD

Overall a pretty awesome chapter, so not much to complain about. But if I had to nitpick, I would say the things I would normally say regarding Bleach. NEEDS MORE BACKGROUNDS!

THE VERDICT 4/5

Great chapter because it didn’t rely on the templet that the other chapters seemed to be following. Now, we must worry about Byakuya, who now seems like he will be in a world of hurt because his enemy knows all about his weaknesses. The only way to beat him is to use a new move he has never preformed before. Time for the TRIPPLE KAI!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I have a feeling Byakuya will just Kido blast the little hax brat's face off in the next chapter

Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Tsukishima haves the Batman Blade! The Unlimited prep time weapon is upon us!! The Battle Forum will get into Chaos, up will turn into down and the oceans will turn into blood!!!!! The tears of the innocents will flood the earth, and the screams of agony will let the whole world deaf.

Or something like that... XD

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I wonder if it's possible to force Tsukishima into so many memories that he couldn't possibly fit himself into another not having been alive long enough. I mean, it would take him quite a while to set up these elaborate traps.

Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@AgentJ: It's time travel and shounen so they can always find a way to make it happen.

Decent chapter. I thought Ikkaku's part was appropriately lame and power of ffriendship based. Tsuki's powers seem crazy over the top but as long as it ends up as a cool fight in the anime, I'm happy. I've got extreme doubt that Byakuya truly suffered a "fatal" blow.

Post by TheLeamenator (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I seriously wish people would shut the hell up about the background thing in Bleach. It's not a thing of laziness, but rather a stylistic thing for Kubo. He focuses all of his attention on the characters rather than random trees and rocks in the background that don't really matter.

@TheLeamenator:

Well it is laziness, since all other series have background and good (or better) character design then his. (Also he can hire people to do his background)

He focuses all of his attention on the characters
Oh, hello noseless Byakuya
Oh, hello noseless Byakuya
Post by Hirako_Fan (1,043 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Destinyheroknight: has leamenator said Kubo is not lazy that is his style just like onepiece is messy Background that confuse any reader into not knowing WTF is happening there , on the other hand Kubos style just like togashis in Yuyu hakusho is better cause you easyli know what is happening in every page without anything random in the that distracts you from the chapter wich is why i prefer it over most series.

@Hirako_Fan:

One Piece background isn't confusing, I can clearly see what going on. With Bleach I don't know if they even fighting in the same spot (Naruto and One Piece have great backgrounds). So Bleach just feel lazy to me. (so yes, its laziness style)

Post by TheLeamenator (14 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Destinyheroknight: Purely a matter of opinion. Clearly (based on your profile pic), you see Eiichiro Oda as a good example of a better artist with backgrounds and better character designs. I agree, but that doesn't mean that you have to harp on Kubo for drawing the way that he does. He's different. He's most certainly unique. And you either like his work or you don't. No point in insulting the man. Also, even though you didn't mention anything about it, many others have, so I'm gonna add this: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE STORY RIGHT NOW, IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CHARACTERS, IF YOU'RE BEING OVERLY ASSHOLE-ISH ABOUT THE LACK OF EXTENDED BATTLES WITH CRAZY POWER UPS AND EXPLOSIONS; YOU DON'T LIKE BLEACH AS MUCH AS YOU THINK YOU DO AND SHOULD STOP READING/WATCHING IT IF IT BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH AND LET THE PEOPLE WHO DO LIKE IT TO CONTINUE READING/WATCHING IT.

@TheLeamenator:

Yes, its my opinion and no I not insulting Kubo personally, if I was I could say much worst thing then that (I'm not saying his art sucks)

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE STORY RIGHT NOW, IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CHARACTERS, IF YOU'RE BEING OVERLY ASSHOLE-ISH ABOUT THE LACK OF EXTENDED BATTLES WITH CRAZY POWER UPS AND EXPLOSIONS; YOU DON'T LIKE BLEACH AS MUCH AS YOU THINK YOU DO AND SHOULD STOP READING/WATCHING IT IF IT BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH AND LET THE PEOPLE WHO DO LIKE IT TO CONTINUE READING/WATCHING IT.
  1. This is the Internet
  2. I like making funny of it (its fun)
  3. If you don't like what I say then don't read it
  4. I still buying the volumes of Bleach (I like it on some level)
  5. I like to debate
  6. I like the anime (filler) more then manga
Post by Starklight (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@Destinyheroknight said:

"If you don't like what I say then don't read it"

Hard to know if you don't like it without reading it first.

On-topic: Tsukushima seems really, really strong. The only way I can see this ending now is if the videogame dimension ends due to Hitsugaya's fight, and then Kenpachi basically obliterates him because he doesn't exactly have any technique or skill to learn.

Edit: Quoting being silly. Oh well.

@Starklight:

Hard to know if you don't like it without reading it first.

You make a good point

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel