Weekly Bleach Discussion: Chapter 467

Topic started by GodLen on Oct. 8, 2011. Last post by Mesoian 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

The fullbring users are not having as much success in their battle against the shinigami as they have initially thought. Seriously, none have even made a shinigami sweat yet, despite Ikkaku’s dislocated shoulder, but that’s like something that happens to him everyday, so its no big deal. Who is going to be killed this chapter?

THE GOOD

Well I be damned, it looks like Yukio was not killed but saved by Hitsugaya. However this was not done with pity in mind, but because Hitsugaya does not know what will happen if Yukio dies, so he strikes up a deal with him. Will Yukio release the game world to save his life, or will he be just as willing to die like dirty boots girl?

However this chapter was really about the battle between the too luckiest men in Bleach, Ikkaku and Moe. I’ve been looking forward to this fight, and I’m glad it just came down to fists rather than special attacks. In fact, Moe has done the most damage to a shinigami yet in this skirmish. However, Ikkaku can take it, this is nothing to him. Moe’s special “jackpot knuckle” seems to have some kind of magic gage to it, and after using it a million and one times, it has been depleted. No jackpot knuckle, no victory for poor Moe. But perhaps Moes luck wasn’t just going down as he explains it, but was being absorbed by Ikkaku instead. What if now Ikkaku now has some kind of special luck power because of Moe?

THE BAD

Chapter flew by so quickly that I was surprised it was over. Despite the little injury caused to Ikkaku during this fight, this battle once again was a pushover. Also on a personal note, I miss Ikkaku’s bankai!

THE VERDICT 3/5

This chapter gets an extra point because Ikkaku is in it, and because he said some epic lines only Ikkaku can pull off. The fullbringers are loosing all their members, and hopefully one of them will put up a fight that lasts more than one chapter. I’m looking in Rukia’s direction because frankly she sucks, let’s hope a time skip can make her useful because it worked wonders on Renji.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,247 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Man, this is so boring (I really think that the Fullbring are nothing) 
Also it funny that Jackpot guy is name moe 

Post by Sindbad (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Moe is easily the most epic out of the Fullbring guy's. At least he lost to a badass without being powered up.
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@Sindbad:

Moe also broke Ikkau's shikai that is more than the other fullbringers. He wounded one Renji and Toshiro's opponents couldn't even touch them.

Yukio is the only character who seems interesting in history and personality.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 17

granted, I loved the headbutting victory. Ikakku : always using his head!

Post by zaldar (1,253 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Heh...I can't help but see a comment on trend in ainime here...I mean he has moe being the one that puts up the best fight. Don't worry shonen will never loose to moe!

I can't see that as being anything but intentional...

Post by chickdigger802 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8

This arc is so silly, I'm pretty sure people that don't read the manga would feel like this arc is a filler arc.

It's just that bad and silly.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@chickdigger802 said:

This arc is so silly, I'm pretty sure people that don't read the manga would feel like this arc is a filler arc.

It's just that bad and silly.

This would be the worst filler arc in Bleach since the Bount. It's almost an insult to Bleach filler. I totally agree with this being bad and silly. Once Aizen died and they made the series a joke manga for like 4 weeks I thought we were headed for a rough patch. Then they had Ichigo fighting teddy bears... and it only got worse from there. Magic Barbie houses, enchanted PSPs, mystic LV boots... it's god awful. If this was Doremon, Digimon, Pokemon or some other series aimed at 6 year olds then those things might be kinda interesting, but it isn't.

Bleach manga has never really been good imo, but the anime people usually find a way to make it work. I don't know how they'll be able to salvage this when it kicks off this week. I wish Bleach was like FMA and they'd totally scrap whatever garbage Kubo comes up with and make up their own story.

Post by Kurohige (3,706 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Destinyheroknight
Lol I see this comment on almost all the Bleach reviews, it's very true though, I know they are trying to make them look strong but geez.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,247 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sickVisionz:

Digimon, Pokemon or some other series aimed at 6 year olds then those things might be kinda interesting

Hey, Digimon & Pokemon (manga) have more class then that LOL!

Post by LordCmdrStryker (6 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Just end the damn series. Ichigo achieved God status in the last arc, beat the guy that they've been fighting since the beginning of the series, then loses all his powers. That was the perfect time to end it. I guess they've blown it now, though.

Post by Mesoian (37 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Bleach 467. Literally nothing happens.

::Sigh:: Can we just get through this expendable lot and get to the next ACTUAL story arc?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel