Weekly Bleach Discussion: Chapter 465

Topic started by GodLen on Sept. 23, 2011. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 10 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

The battle between the shinigami and Xcution has started. Now I know what happens when you make an assumption, but these Xcution clowns are actually pretty weak so far. However, the key phrase is “so far” because we still haven’t seen how talented the top members of the group really are. Let’s find out.

THE GOOD

This chapter is all about the two badass punks on the shinigami side that we all know and love, Ikkaku and Renji. Ikkaku if you remember correctly, was all about luck when he first met Ichigo; remember the lucky dance thing he did? Well, now he is fighting a guy who fights using the power of luck, this is going to get interesting. In this chapter, Ikkaku shows off the coolest power any Bleach character, or Shonen Jump hero, has shown the world so far. That is the power to reset a dislocated shoulder with his muscles alone! Being a person who had to suffer too many times with a dislocated shoulder, I would give anything to be able to do it myself with my muscles; though it seems to be more painful that way. I prefer to be knocked out at the hospital and let them have their way with me.

Renji is stuck with the “dirty boots” girl, which is probably the worst person to be stuck with. I mean seriously, you would be the joke of Soul Society if you were beaten by a person who gets more powerful the dirtier her boots became! But now its not just her boots but her body as well; not to mention she also has a motorcycle exhaust pipe coming out of her shoulder. Loosing to her would be like loosing to Uwe Boll in a boxing match.

However, Renji takes the high road and won’t attack first. He allows her to hit him with her hardest attack, which doesn’t seem to phase him at all. After allowing her to go to town on him, Renji decides enough is enough, and hits her with his hilt, knocking the wind out of her. He then states that he has been training this entire time to fight Aizen. But does that mean Aizen is back? Or is he just saying that he could fight Aizen if Aizen somehow escaped from prison?

THE BAD

Damn it Renji, HIT HER. No one will be angry with you, and no one will think less of you for hitting a girl. Just do it!

THE VERDICT 3/5

I have a feeling that these fullbring users are hiding something, that perhaps they will be powered up at some point in time later, thanks either to Ichigo’s power or because of the video game they are all in. I hope so, fights are great when the hero is pwning the enemy, but they are also great when they push the hero to the extremes.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,171 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I think the funniest thing is that almost all the Shinigami are holding back and the Fullbring still don't have a ghost of a chance at beating them. Maybe they should just give up and run. Is Renji and the boot lady look like they fighting in the same place as Naruto and Gaara right now, with less background?

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I thought the chapter was funny in some places, but the plot-line is garbage. Renji is claiming he's been training so he can fight Aizen? Last time I checked Ichigo didn't lose his powers for a 1000 years, because that's how long it would take for Renji to get anywhere near Aizen.

Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I like that the Shinigami are showing up these guys who have been major A-Holes for the past six months, but it kind of ticks me off because this means that once again Chad and Orihime are pretty weak again just when I thought they would become characters who could compete with the rest of them.

Post by Hadoken101 (6 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@All_StarSupes said:

I thought the chapter was funny in some places, but the plot-line is garbage. Renji is claiming he's been training so he can fight Aizen? Last time I checked Ichigo didn't lose his powers for a 1000 years, because that's how long it would take for Renji to get anywhere near Aizen.

He's been training in the Soul Society's Hyperbolic Time Chamber obviously >.>

@Hadoken101: Lol maybe. I just hope they don't start making characters more powerful than they should be. Look at Ichigo, FGT should be his absolute peak in terms of power but I have a feeling they are going to make up some b.s. and make him more powerful.

Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I liked this but I tihnk they are getting a little too DBZ-ish, I mean why are they so strong in such a short amount of time? And Renji training to fight Aizen? I guess, I'm not too mad that they are winning so easily since it would be funny if they had a bad-ass entrance and almost lost their first fights. But I am getting tired of the whole *Hit a character with their strongest attack, smile and say "He is dead, no way he could have survived that!" smoke clears and the guy is perfectly fine "Whaaaat!?* that is kinda old in Bleach lol
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@GodLen: you contadicted yourself there, Renji HIT HER with his swordhilt.

Post by TopographicOcean (15 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@All_StarSupes:

Just like to point out that 'training to fight Aizen' doesn't mean 'I am now as strong as Aizen, and could fight him now'. It means he has been training to get strong enough. It doesn't mean he can actually fight him now. It implies he's stronger now than he was. It also implies he that the Soul Society is making a contingency plan for when/if Aizen gets out.

If I were to use your logic I could say 'I am studying politics at University.' And someone could argue I must be the President.

I never stated that Renji was claiming he is as strong as Aizen now. I merely stated that the writer saying Renji had been training to fight Aizen is a joke. This is due to the fact that even with a 1000 years of training Renji still wouldn't be at Aizens level, so why make a statement that he's been training to face him?

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@obscurefan said:

I like that the Shinigami are showing up these guys who have been major A-Holes for the past six months, but it kind of ticks me off because this means that once again Chad and Orihime are pretty weak again just when I thought they would become characters who could compete with the rest of them.

Chad? Yes, I don't know about Orihime, her power description is more or less BROKEN

Post by TopographicOcean (15 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@All_StarSupes:

Probably because if her ever got out it help if people could last more than 5 minutes? Yeah, Aizen is broken as hell and Renji would never beat him, but if her ever got out you'd like to think that they could put up some kind of resistance. There's little point in jailing Aizen, then not using the time he is jailed to try and improve in case he gets out. As it is, none of the people in the series could fight Aizen and win right now. They may as well try and get better.

The reason Renji would state it that way is because he's an upfront guy. He doesn't mince words, and he's stubborn if anything. That, and it acts as a pretty clear way of the author stating that the Soul Society hasn't forgotten about Aizen, and he's still important to the series in some way.

Don't get me wrong, it was a stupid way for him to say it I think. I should have said that in my first post. A better way would have been 'training in case Aizen got out' or just 'training'. But Renji is the kind of guy to say something like that flippantly I think. So I wouldn't consider it a joke for him to say it that way.

@TopographicOcean: Indeed that would have been a better way of putting it. I'm just hoping characters don't get a boost in power for no reason.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

It was a decent chapter. Although I don't like that the Fullbring villains are being defeated so easily. In addition, Renji has been training to fight Aizen? So how strong does that make him? It's kind of stupid IMO for a character like Renji to become that strong in such a short period.

ND

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Destinyheroknight said:

I think the funniest thing is that almost all the Shinigami are holding back and the Fullbring still don't have a ghost of a chance at beating them.

pun?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,171 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@MrASSH0LE:

LOL! someone got it :)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel