Weekly Bleach: Chapter 484

Topic started by GodLen on March 11, 2012. Last post by taichokage 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

The “war” begins in the Bleach universe with the Vandenreich declaring their intentions to Commander Yamamoto. Its funny that Bleach will now be getting a war since One Piece and Naruto both have wars in them, I guess Kubo feels left out. Lets just see how powerful these Vandenreich boys are.

THE GOOD

These guys must be strong to just waltz into Soul Society and waltz out like it was nothing. Yamamoto cannot even land a strike before these guys shadow themselves away. Chojiro then lets Yamamoto know a little secret that he as acquired during his fight. Supposedly, these Vandenreich boys can go bankai. What does that even mean? Do they just have a crazy transformation like any other bad guy in this series, or are they shinigami? Perhaps they steal the shinigami’s bankai and that’s how they get this power.

Ivan who was fighting Ichigo was amazed that Ichigo’s bankai cannot be stolen. Maybe because Ichigo’s bankai sucks, and isn’t really a bankai, but a half-kai or something. Either way Ivan travels back to his home with the rest of his group. Ivan seems like an outsider among his group, this is starting to feel familiar. After a verbal altercation with the individual who trashed talked Yamamoto, Ivan watches in fear as this pretty boy’s arm is removed. The boss of the Vandenreich does not like conflict it seems. What a nice guy!

THE BAD

Seriously Kubo? Didn’t you already do this in the beginning of the arrancar arc? First of all Ivan already feels exactly like Grimmjow, except this time it wasn’t his arm that was removed. Who is going to be kidnapped this time Kubo? Will it be Ishida? I BET IT WILL BE ISHIDA!

THE VERDICT 3/5

Even though it seems like Kubo is just copying and pasting his previous stories into this one, I still think it was OK, just because we know this will be the last time he is doing it. The next chapter will include all sorts of explanation and ramblings from the bad guys I’m sure.

Post by zero3 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Aizen sure has a lot of relatives. They all look exactly the same

Post by taichokage (15,318 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Its quite interesting and the story is moving very quickly, but I'm not particularly fond of the idea of the Quincy stealing bankai. I would rather see the true power of the quinces vs the true power of the shinigami, not a cheap tactic. Also, stealing bankai essentially limits this ability to the captains, former captains and the very strongest seated officers. This means that either some captains will be losing their trump cards or that there will be some very disappointed quincies.
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 17

didnt like this chapter. i hope Kubo isnt going through his depression phase he had with zombie powder.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

What does Kubo have against arms and why I'm still reading this?

Post by sickVisionz (4,310 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I'm enjoying this arc a lot more than the previous one. They're getting right into the thick of things, which is a huge improvement.

@GodLen said:

Who is going to be kidnapped this time Kubo? Will it be Ishida? I BET IT WILL BE ISHIDA!

It will be a girl.

@taichokage said:

Also, stealing bankai essentially limits this ability to the captains, former captains and the very strongest seated officers. This means that either some captains will be losing their trump cards or that there will be some very disappointed quincies.

So many of those captains refuse to ever use their Bankai that having it stolen won't make the fight any different than it would have been otherwise.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,000 posts) See mini bio Level 14

They are ArraQuinShiniNazi guys....

Post by zaldar (1,298 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Kuma_From_Argentina: ROFLMAO....well that would be in character for kubo actually since he seems to like to mix up the parts of his world. Heh...fits with his storytelling style to variations on a theme...and yes it will be a girl that gets kidnapped. Given japanese culture and the fact this is shonen has to be. Maybe one of Ichigo's sisters?

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,000 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@zaldar: Kon will be kidnapped (LOL) or he was already kidnapped considering that he vanished from the series, as the lesbian student that like Orihime, that would be an awesome plot, the investigation about the dozens of secondary characters vanishing...

Post by Username_Undefined (90 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Are these chapters flying by for anyone else? It feels like it ends right as I start reading.

I don't think that Chojiro was saying that they had bankai, but that they could steal it. (Though this would mean that he had and used his bankai, so maybe not).

Also, I thought this was an interesting article.

Post by taichokage (15,318 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That's almost ridiculously obvious. I remember hearing about that comic about a year ago. Since then the author has just made even more copies of Kubo's work. I remember that it was even brought to Kubo's attention and he replied that he wasnt upset that someone else's work was inspired by his own.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel