Weekly Bleach: Chapter 464

Topic started by GodLen on Sept. 16, 2011. Last post by secretzfan 2 years, 12 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Kenpachi is showing off again, this time taking out an old mustached man with a slice from head to toe. Yes, this one sided fight might be boring, but Kenpachi, you are free to show off as much as you like, tell them you got God Len’s permission. Now I wish there was some kind of a Kenpachi spinoff comic that was like Berserk; make it happen Shonen Jump!

THE GOOD

Despite my desire last chapter for Giriko to be all healed up by the game world and continue fighting, after reading this chapter I believe Giriko might just fade away to obscurity forever. The fight is over, and Kenpachi is back to the real world, ready to head home to probably sleep. Good thing Yachiru is there to beat him into shape and force him to stay. You never know there might be another fight in store for Kenpachi in the future!

The rest of the chapter then concentrates on some of the other fights as they begin to kick off. We learn that Ichigo is in fact not alone during this battle, and will receive help from Ishida. He tells Ichigo that he suspected something when seeing the substitute badge for the first time, but didn’t say anything at the time. Ishida and I both agree Soul Society is hiding something they should have told Ichigo and the rest of us a long time ago.

The chapter quickly shows us what’s going on with Rukia’s fight and Hitsugaya’s fight and we don’t really learn much, except that their opponents are eccentric, to say the least. Then we head over to Byakuya’s fight, which I know you all have been waiting to see. Not just because Byakuya is awesome, but because he is fighting that cocky garbage face Tsukishima. Byakuya states that he is the perfect person to do battle with Tsukishima. Ichigo is too kind and won’t kill him, and Kenpachi is too crazy and would end up getting cut, but Byakuya on the other hand can fight from a distance, with a cool head, and will kill the bastard as well. I’m falling for Byakuya all over again!

THE BAD

I was really expecting Yachiru to be a little bit older the next time we would see her, as in not a toddler. It would have been cool with Kenpachi let her take on Giriko though.

THE VERDICT 3/5

I have to admit that Bleach does not do a good job with multiple battles happening at the same time. Kubo always puts like 3 in one chapter, with each battle getting like two pages, and that pisses me off. I hope he concentrates on one per chapter, but with Kubo you never know. I really wonder what this Tsukishima battle is going to look like. Since he seems to be like a major villain, I don’t see him going down very easily. Could Byakuya get stabbed and become an enemy to Soul Society. Can you imagine what would happen if Kenpachi was stabbed? Oh my god! Going to hide now, good bye!

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Byakuya just became completely awesome in my eyes.

Although i do think Kenpachi would do well against Tsukushima as well, because even if he did get cut, he'd just keep fighting, and Yachiru would be there to remind him that he's never met Tsukushima before.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,291 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Byakuya gets a thumbs up here for just being naturally awesome....and I've still got a candle in my window for Riruka to come over to to the good guys.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,276 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Man, Kenpachi totally murder the poor guy

The Fullbring are not even a real threat to the Shinigami, they could just Reiatsu crush them and get it over with (this chapter was so boring)

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Destinyheroknight: Reiatsu crush and the whole idea that you need equal or greater reitsu was completely forgotten.

@MrASSH0LE:

I know, Kubo should follow the rules he set (it just make the heroes look dumb)

Post by Lurkero (408 posts) See mini bio Level 7

How could Soul Society tell Ichigo something that Kubo didn't make up yet?

Just kidding, he probly thought about it a while ago, but it still pretty much a DBZ situation that seems made up afterwards.

Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@MrASSH0LE said:

@Destinyheroknight: Reiatsu crush and the whole idea that you need equal or greater reitsu was completely forgotten.

It was just greater and I think Kubo should fix it by saying a lot greater like Toshi a cpatain coampred to a human his grandma.

@Destinyheroknight
said:

Man, Kenpachi totally murder the poor guy

The Fullbring are not even a real threat to the Shinigami, they could just Reiatsu crush them and get it over with (this chapter was so boring)

Just because there human doesn't mean much here. Tsukishima vs Byakuya still will be a tough battle, but hopefully the blade won't touch Byakuya. Which is what makes Tsuki and Ginjou awesome. Thy can kill a person in one hit.

@secretzfan
They didn't show anything that would put them at captain level
To me, the only one who is threat is Ginjou
Post by Kurohige (3,718 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I only got the gist of Tsukishima's ability. What could Ginjo do?

@Destinyheroknight said:

@secretzfan: They didn't show anything that would put them at captain levelTo me, the only one who is threat is Ginjou

Don't like we havn't seen Ginjiou and Tsukishima fight shinagmi. Ginjou, Tsuki, and Shishi are defiantly captian level. At least Junior. Ginjou vs Ichigo DUH!!!!!

Tsukishima one shotted Ishida sooooo..........yeeeeeaaa

Xcution now is probably vice capatin level seeing who they are fighting.

@secretzfan:

Don't like we havn't seen Ginjiou and Tsukishima fight shinagmi. Ginjou, Tsuki, and Shishi are defiantly captian level

No, there nothing to back that up with (they are all weak, feel like filler characters)

Tsukishima one shotted Ishida sooooo..........yeeeeeaaa

Yeah, a sneak attack that all (if Ishida was paying attention , that wouldn't happen)

@Destinyheroknight: You gotta at least agree that TSukishima is a threat seriously that dude is a major villain like Ginjou too. Andf the whole filler thing....... it doesn't matter Kubo must have had a reason for making this arc like it or not.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel