Weekly Bleach: Chapter 460

Topic started by GodLen on Aug. 25, 2011. Last post by sharingan_eyes 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Doing things a little differently this week, this time it’s Bleach’s turn to go first! The whole gang is back together again to help Ichigo out of his slump! (Well, at least the people who matter.) Finally, Ichigo has gotten his shinigami powers back, and his ready to use them on those bastards who made his life a living hell. Ginjo, it’s time for you to meet our friend the getsuga tensho.

THE GOOD

Ichigo just might be more powerful than even he can handle, for his getsuga tensho just missed its target. Though it looks like it cut the house behind him in half, isn’t that where all his friends are staying? Oh well, if they couldn’t survive that they don’t deserve to be Ichigo’s friends in the first place!

Ichigo’s new powers are ridiculously powerful, not only do we see him moving at an incredible speed, but able to use these gigantic getsuga tensho that fill up the skies. This is partly due to Ichigo’s fullbring power that he possessed earlier, and due to the great amount of people that put their reiatsu into the sword that stabbed Ichigo. We learn that the number one old man himself ordered everyone to do it because Ichigo has saved them all on multiple occasions (more than once I might add).

However, this was not the only reason they gave Ichigo his power, the second is because Soul Society has beef with Ginjo, who just so happened to be a card carrying representative of Soul Society. Standing there fully transformed, he appears to be unhurt by Ichigo’s getsuga tensho. Ginjo must be pretty powerful if Soul Society has to go through with these great measures in order to defeat him.

THE BAD

There is just something about Kubo’s way of drawing the getsuga tensho that confuses the hell out of me. I can never tell what direction it is heading, or who is throwing it, or how big it is. It’s basically just a giant wedge of white on the paper. Am I the only one with this problem?

THE VERDICT 4/5

I’m really hoping that the captains and Ginjo’s crew start to pair off and fight, because it has been some time since I’ve seen some of these guys battle. Tsukishima and Byakuya would be an awesome fight, and of course Rukia and Orihime would be a dream match. The party is just starting, and I’m getting excited. I hope you are too!

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
My only qualm with this chapter is that Kubo once again follows Yu Yu Hakusho quite closely. Sensui was the first Spirit Detective, and Ginjou was the first Substitute Shinigami. Then again, Yu Yu Hakusho was great, so maybe it's okay for him to use it for "inspiration". 

Something interesting of note: All of the Captains and Lieutenants gave their power to the sword, and Shinji Hirako was one of the sources of reiatsu that Ichigo found within it. Does that mean that Shinji took up his old mantle in the court guardian squads? If so... CALLED IT. If not... well damn.
Post by NakAttack (33 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I have the same problem with the way he draws the getsuga tensho
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,184 posts) See mini bio Level 21

What happen to Chad, Rukia, Orihime, Uryu, Urahara, Isshin, Tsukishima and the other Fullbring? All of them just disappear and why did the Soul Society give Ichigo's powers back, last time I check the Central 46 have new members (Yamamoto should not be able to say those orders without there ok) Kubo better follow the rules he set up earlier in his story :(

1/5

@Destinyheroknight: Yeah, I've got no idea what everyone else is doing. A bit disappointing that we haven't seen Chad and Orihime's reactions at least, though I can't blame Tsukishima for not doing anything with 5 captain-classes around. I'd probably want to hang out in the shadows too. 

As for Central 46, well, maybe they abolished it when they were all murdered? I mean, we haven't seen a lot of old crusty political types in soul society outside of that scene from the inside, and they're... incapacitated. I'm sure we'll be hearing about the state of soul society soon. For all we know, maybe the "new" 46 okayed the transfer of power. 

@AgentJ:

Kubo still should have said that Ichigo change Soul Society not just Yamamoto, it just seem like Yamamoto going behind Central 46 backs (to me)

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,639 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I was actually really skeptical about this new story arc, but this chapter sums something up for me that I was always curious about. It was how after the Soul Society Arc that the Soul Society already had a Shinigami Substitute Badge ready for him so fast. It just felt kind of weird how even the concept of a substitute was so easily accepted. It all starts to makes sense if there was one before Ichigo.

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I"m pretty sure they ran pretty far away from the original building, and that the one Ichigo just blew the shit out of was a different building.
@Destinyheroknight said:

@AgentJ:

Kubo still should have said that Ichigo change Soul Society not just Yamamoto, it just seem like Yamamoto going behind Central 46 backs (to me)

Indeed, though maybe Kubo thought that going into the politics of it all would spoil the intensity of the chapter. If he never talks about the decision, I'll be unhappy, but I think he will. 

@AgentJ:

But he could have said that Ichigo change Soul Society for the better (that line wouldn't spoil the intensity of the chapter)

Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

@ninjadude853: ok, though it was probably a children's hospital or something.

Post by jarf2 (49 posts) See mini bio Level 6
i hope kempachi kills somebody
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
well, we now hafta find out why Ginjo is evil, and why he has beef with the soul society. also, Im callin Orihime vs Rukia.
@GodLen said:

@ninjadude853: ok, though it was probably a children's hospital or something.

Post by Hirako_Fan (1,043 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@AgentJ: Sensui was the second spirit Dectetive
 http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Kuroko_Sanada%27s_family
Post by Vaiz (9 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I'm surprised so many people are shocked by the turn of events in this chapter. It was all foreshadowed months ago. Anyone remember this?

Apparently not.

Edit: DERP, no, it was covered, nevermind, disregard me =P.
@Vaiz:  
But they dismiss it, by saying Tsukishima kill the Substitute Shinigami   
Post by Vaiz (9 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@Destinyheroknight said:
@Vaiz:  But they dismiss it, by saying Tsukishima kill the Substitute Shinigami   
Ahhhh, I seem to have forgotten that finer point. Thanks for the correction, now I feel a bit silly.
@Hirako_Fan said:
@AgentJ: Sensui was the second spirit Dectetive  http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Kuroko_Sanada%27s_family
You're right. I had forgotten about her ( I am ashamed to say). I think my point still stands though. 

I have another problem, why Orihime didn't heal Yamamoto?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel