Weekly Bleach: Chapter 460

Topic started by GodLen on Aug. 20, 2011. Last post by kashif1 3 years ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Bleach has been one hell of a roller coaster ride for all of us. First Ichigo looses his powers, then he gains really weird powers, then he looses them, then he gets his shinigami powers back, and finally Rukia gets a haircut -- the excitement never ends! Now that Ichigo is back in black, as AC/DC would say, how much ass will he kick? Let’s find out.

THE GOOD

Yes, this chapter rocked my world. Not just because Ichigo is now more powerful than he ever was before, or because we got to see all of our favorite character’s again, but because Rukia made fun of Ichigo for crying a few minutes before she stabbed him. Seriously Ichigo you might be Chuck Norris’s and Mr. T’s love child right now, but a few seconds ago you were babbling like a little girl complaining about how your father stabbed you. Rukia was right, you deserved to be kicked in the head.

However I can’t blame him, I would have been crying too, especially after the other captains showed up. I don’t know what happened, but they all look bad ass right now. Is it just me, or did Ikkaku get a promotion to lieutenant? Because if he did that would be amazing. Hell, he should just swallow his pride and become a captain, we all know he has the best bankai after all. The best part is that they all gave Ichigo some of their reiatsu, so Ichigo is a little bit of everyone now.

This is really apparent right now, for even a practice swing produces a giant getsuga tensho like wave. Ginjo trembles in fear after seeing this, and rightfully so. Ichigo then puts all his energy into a real getsuga tensho, I look forward to seeing a headless Ginjo in the next chapter.

THE BAD

I really enjoyed this chapter, but it was hard to tell what exactly was going on in some parts of the manga. Especially if a getsuga tensho is involved.

THE VERDICT 4/5

The enemies seem to really be outclassed right now, however, they still have all of Ichigo’s friends on their team, which I’m sure will do whatever they can to save Tsukishima. Will this battle continue on from this point, or will the bad guys escape to fight another day?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21
they still have all of Ichigo’s friends on their team, which I’m sure will do whatever they can to save Tsukishima.

I pretty sure Tsukishima ran for the hills, after seeing Ichigo's powers (since he wasn't even in the chapter)

Why is Ichigo using Getsuga Tensho on Ginjo? Ginjo is standing in front of the house where Ichigo's Friends and Family are in

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17
i think they brought in the other captains really too early, and was killing the gradual flow of "surprises" that the old characters had in store later. maybe im overthinking, but I really hope that Kubo doesn't just abandon his story ideas in favour of a DBZ clone, like what he did in Part I.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,329 posts) See mini bio Level 12
A part of me wants to believe Bleach is going to get good....

@MrASSH0LE:

A part of me wants to believe Bleach is going to get good....

Same here (also Naruto for me)

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Kenpachi being there is scary. With Ichigo powered up again. He better defeat Ginjo and RUN.

Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
"That was just a practice swing." Ichigo trolling the troll.
Post by jarf2 (49 posts) See mini bio Level 6
kempachi looks badass
Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9
So Rukia pulled a Sakura huh? 

Oh yeah, Rukia kind of look like a boy with that hair cut

Post by Kurohige (3,723 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Halberdierv2 said:
i think they brought in the other captains really too early, and was killing the gradual flow of "surprises" that the old characters had in store later. maybe im overthinking, but I really hope that Kubo doesn't just abandon his story ideas in favour of a DBZ clone, like what he did in Part I.

Silly question, but what do you mean he abondoned his story for a DBZ clone?
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

This chapter and the one before it have me totally stoked about Bleach again. I'm still not sure about Rukia's new haircut, but I guess all the major characters look a little different now to let you know this is after a time skip.

It's kind of silly yet kind of makes sense that Ichigo's powers never really left him and he just needed a jolt of reiatsu in his system. I'm just wondering exactly how powerful he is now. It's clear his powers have developed since we last saw him in his shikai form, but is he as powerful in bankai as he was against Aizen? Because he was absurdly powerful back then.

Post by fijilovesyou (65 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I wonder if his sword is still Zangetsu... since it changed forms, but it maybe still Zangetsu since Ichigo could still use Getsuga Tensho. This chapter kicks ass.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Kurohige said:
@Halberdierv2 said:
Silly question, but what do you mean he abondoned his story for a DBZ clone?
Early Early chapter of bleach is about ichigo having both shinigami life and a school life, with fights in between
However it gradually turned into  "Power-Up Spam" that happens in most shonen, and since the shonen everybody knows is DBZ.....
Post by ouchmydragonballs (41 posts) See mini bio Level 8

i cant wait to see everybody else in soul  socity. i hope theres a new captainl

Post by chickdigger802 (39 posts) See mini bio Level 8

kinda glad and sad about this chapter.

Seriously wtf is going on?

I see rukia coming, but what's with everyone else? It's like they mixed up the pages and put the character poll vote page in the middle.

And they still haven't explained wtf these fullbringer duders are after.

It's like kubo got bored of this arc and wants to erase it all with a getsuga.

Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Destinyheroknight: There on the roof so no worries I don't think he hit the mansion
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I liked Rukia's hair moe now it shows off more of her neckline
Post by ninjacommando (1 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I hate Rukia. She needs to disappear forever.
Post by jarf2 (49 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@ninjacommando said:
I hate Rukia. She needs to disappear forever.
wtf...........
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel