Weekly Bleach: Chapter 459

Topic started by GodLen on Aug. 7, 2011. Last post by chickdigger802 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

This is the day you have all been waiting for, Weekly Bleach Chapter 459 is finally here, now with 100% more zanpakuto! This is the chapter we have all been desperately waiting for, through thick and thin we finally arrived at the promise land. Ichigo had just been back stabbed by his once good friend Ginjo. At the same time Ishida had been stabbed by Tsukishima, leaving Ichigo with no one. Is this the end for Ichigo?

THE GOOD

This was definitely a “Number One” chapter. I’m not saying it is the best chapter of Bleach (though it comes close), I’m saying this is one of those chapters where you know that there is a 100% chance that when this chapter is animated, they will use the song “Number One”. If you are a big Bleach fan, you know exactly where that epic song is going to play. This chapter made me a very happy boy, even when screaming children kept me awake all night long.

Let’s not beat around the bush, Ichigo has finally gotten his powers back! I should have seen it coming, he did not get his shinigami powers back by some weird obtuse way I always believed, but in the same exact way he received his powers the first time. But its better than that, its almost as if he returned back to his old shinigami self, with the giant sword and his red bandoleer.

Rukia is also back, thanks to (I believe) Ichigo’s father and Urahara. She appears to have gotten a haircut, I’m sure Ichigo will like it. But she did not stab him with her sword this time, who’s sword could it be? Also will Ichigo have to save her again now that she gave him her powers again?

THE BAD

Why did she cut her hair, I liked the way it was before! Also, Tsukishima’s reaction to Ichigo crying really made me laugh, so please no more crying Ichigo; this isn’t One Piece.

THE VERDICT 5/5

This chapter really made me fall in love with Bleach all over again, but it was such a bad breakup I’m not sure if this relationship will ever work out. Finally we are starting to see some answers to the questions we have been asking ever since the time skip had begun. Now we will see what the hell Isshin and Urahara have been up to this entire time, or I believe we will learn, but you never know with Kubo behind the wheel. I can’t wait to see how this all pans out, and how much ass Ichigo is going to kick now that he can go bankai and triplekai and do all those wonderful things he did in the past.

Post by ouchmydragonballs (41 posts) See mini bio Level 8

This Chapter was such Justice. I cant wait 4 ichigo to just destroy Ginjo! I also can't wait to see how Soul Socitey is after the time skip. Maybe theres a new captain. who knows
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
This isn't One Piece OR Naruto, and henceforth Ichigo shall never do this kind of thing
1.Say to his rival, that they will die together
2. Cry because of loss of something, Instead he should roar like what he always did
3.Recruit everyone he met
4. get his current power replaced with an obviously unrelated power to him , he should stick to what he do best, be a Hybrid of EVERYTHING

Tl;DR YESSSSS KUBOO YESSSS
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,389 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm wondering how long Urahara and Isshin was standing there

So is all the Fullbrings are bad guys?

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
The chapter was awesome. But the question remains, why would they teach Ichigo all of this just to take his powers away? I hope Ichigo gives them all a whooping.

ND
Post by Hadoken101 (6 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'm glad I'm not the only one to immidately think of the Number One song as soon as I read this chapter. Really excited to see how the rest of the arc goes from here.
@Newdeath said:
The chapter was awesome. But the question remains, why would they teach Ichigo all of this just to take his powers away? I hope Ichigo gives them all a whooping. ND
Take his power off? as their own I mean . Ichigo will, Ichigo new power always WIN
@Hadoken101 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one to immidately think of the Number One song as soon as I read this chapter. Really excited to see how the rest of the arc goes from here.

the rest of youtube seems to think of the same , 459 seems to be the number where Number one is refrenced
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@cfatalis: No kidding. 

ND
@Newdeath: First bankai?
Vice captain down, can fight a captain to equal near winning level
First Mask?
Complete ownage of Grimjow, something he had a lot of trouble against
First Super Hollow Form?
Complete ownage of Ulqiorra , who has a second release
Final getsuga?
OWNING AIZEN something that might as well be implanted with a piece of Bleach God, that have owned SS best with fingers

Ichigo always win the first time he get his power, or the third time he fights something
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 17
about time. Rukia! nice to see you back! <3
i have a feeling Ginjo is gonna use Ichigo's powers to cause some serious carnage. but the question still remains... is that really Ichigo's power that's making him maintain his shimigami form, or is it rukia's power just fuelling him? when he lost his powers with mugetsu, zangetsu technically "died", so has he really gained back all his shimigami powers?

@Halberdierv2
i dont think that ichigos new power is being fueled from rukia. the first time ichigo had his power, he was using rukias zanpaktou. so maybe his sword isnt zangetsu but it is his own

Post by cobra88king8 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 4
First time since who knows when that I actually enjoyed a chapter of Bleach. Let's hope they keep this up
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20

RUKIA! <3 (not sure about the new hair cut, I think I would have liked to see her hair longer rather than shorter). This is the best chapter in a LONG time, we get Ichigo's shinigami powers, Rukia, Isshin and Urahara all in one go. Took you long enough Kubo!

No comments on Ichigo's new look GodLen? Or the lieutenant badge on Rukia's arm? I wonder what else has changed in Soul Society, I bet they've finally filled the empty captain positions.

I think Ichigo's new look is cool, not sure about the things on his wrist, chest and around his neck though. I wonder if they'll be significant in some way or are just for looks. I also wonder if his bankai will be like it was when he fought Aizen, if it is then that makes his new shikai look makes more sense too.

@Halberdierv2: I have a feeling the sword Ichigo was stabbed with was something Urahara cooked up. Urahara and Isshin were seen with it before Rukia showed up. As for Zangetsu "dying" I imagine he's just been reborn/restored.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 17
also, I'm wondering if they'll introduce fusion bankai attacks soon (eg, like an IchiRuki attack consisting of darkness and snow).
@Halberdierv2
that would be interesting 
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Hooray for Rukia being back. Looks like she made Lieutenant too. Next chapter should be great as we watch Ichigo open a can of whoop ass on those fools. Although I think Tsukishima still has to stab everyone to turn them back to normal.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,010 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I was about to quit reading Bleach, but with this he got me back, this was almost as epic, as the climax of the Soul society arc with Ichigo blocking the halberd/phoenix with ease, this is what Awesome is made off!!! 

And yes this was a Number one Moment, and singed it while reading, now Ghetto Aizen is lost
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Two things about this chapter made me smile.

1. Rukia got a promotion! Good for her.

2. That last shot of Ichigo with the new form of Zangetsu was FUCKING AWESOME. Seriously, words cannot express how awesome i found this to be.
Post by Dunchad (72 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I'm pretty sure the sword/power was Isshin's. He's there in his civvies and not his shinigami form - and then there was that one scene a while back where Urahara asks him if he is sure about whatever they were doing.

My guess is, that it's all of Isshin's shinigami powers and it's a permanent transfer or etc. But it will be interesting to see what effect that has on Ichigo's powers.

Post by siddarth0605 (7 posts) See mini bio Level 10

i dont know if anyone knows this but whats the time delay in soul society. I remember them saying that time moves faster in soul society than it does in Earth so im curious how long time has passed

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel