Weekly Bleach: Chapter 454

Topic started by GodLen on July 3, 2011. Last post by secretzfan 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Much to everyone’s surprise, Tsukishima has done the impossible, he has become friends with everyone! He isn’t just charming, he actually changed the memories of those he stabbed, making himself part of their lives. Now Ichigo’s family and close friends are now best buddies with the man he hates? Will Ichigo be able to survive now that only himself and Ginjo are able to stand up to this foe?

THE GOOD

It appears as if the world is turning against Ichigo and Ginjo because of this new bad boy in town. Not even Aizen had made Ichigo crack this badly. In fact, both men discuss in this chapter murdering Tsukishima in order to return their lives back to normal. Now correct me if I’m wrong (and most likely I am) but I can’t remember any shonen hero admitting murder is the best solution to a problem. Not only will Ichigo loose the moral high ground if he commits murder, but if the power does not reverse, it will mean that his friends and family will hate him forever because of it. That’s pretty much check mate right there.

Also we hear from Ginjo this chapter about his hypothesis about Tsukishima’s powers. He believes Tsukishima actually changes his victims past, and not just messes with their memories, which is 10 times worse. If you really put it that way I do not think there is any way to undo it. Ginjo’s hypothesis is about to be put to the test though, for their “hidden” base has been found, and Tsukishima himself would like to talk to them both, the perfect chance to carry out their crime. The two of them are then brought to their headquarters, a vampire den from True Blood, or at least that’s what I thought it was.

THE BAD

I’m disliking these few panels dedicated to Ichigo’s father and Urahara because I can never tell what’s going on in them, and I really really want to know what is going on between those two. Such a tease!

THE VERDICT 4/5

These last few chapters were great, I’m excited to see just how crazy Ichigo will become in order to stop this menace. I’m not sure how exactly this will progress, but I’m certain Ichigo will not kill him, because he isn’t that type of guy. But on the other hand you never know, death leads down interesting paths in this manga.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Even though I prefer the anime filler arc that's going on right now, this was a good chapter. I've never seen Ichigo snap like that, he's totally lost and desperate.

I'd say it's good to see Isshin and Urahara popping up again, but usually they appear doing something shady for a few panels then vanish again. Come on Kubo, we know those two are up to something. Let us in on it already.

Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19

isn't that just about how all the manga and anime do?

person A did something to person B using some sort of power, and only way to stop it is to kill person A

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,645 posts) See mini bio Level 25

This story became far more interesting,now. Putting Ichigo in such a place emotionally should be a good read.

@buhssuht:

That's the point of this chapter. They have no idea if killing him will undo that power. If they kill him, that marker could be permanent and they would appear as killers to all their friends and family.

Post by vergilius (147 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@buhssuht: @FoxxFireArt: And usually things are arranged so that the bad guy initiates the fight that kills him--here Ichigo is talking about straight up assassination.
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Newten: If you think about it thogh this arc is a redux. It is from the fist arc and that arc was what lead is to SS arc. That means same for this arc

@secretzfan: Well it's obvious they'll go back to the Soul Society at some point, that hardly makes this a redux. This doesn't feel particularly like the first Bleach arc to me at all.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I'm still waiting to see something about the Royal Guard. And those Vasto Lordes, who hopefully weren't the espada themselves as I seriously don't believe the Espada were as great as Toshiro described the Vasto Lordes as.

@MohsinMan99: I'm pretty sure that's exactly what most of the espada were. Vasto Lordes if I remember correctly are the highest form of regular hollows. That's before they start doing all the funky stuff Aizen did with them to make them more powerful by removing their masks and getting shinigami-like powers and so on.

Enemies are always over-exaggerated like that at first anyway, it's done for impact.

@Newten: From the silhouette shown when Vasto Lordes were being described by Toshiro, it looked like they had horns and resembled H2 Ichigo. Also, they're stated to exceed Captain level easily so I'm of the opinion that a whole breed of beings like H2 Ichigo exist. Probably to be shown later.

@MohsinMan99: Silhouettes don't mean much, especially silhouettes with horns, that usually just signifies they're evil, they probably don't even have horns at all. Harribel was a Vasto Lorde when Aizen recruited her and even after all her transformations and power-ups she was still only captain level really. Oh, and she didn't have horns as a Vasto Lorde so that kind of throws the H2 Ichigo breed theory out the window if you ask me.

@Newten: Probably. Only time will tell for now. With the stuff Kubo's been putting out, it's not far-fetched to say there might be a possibility for the theory to be true. 
Post by jackeincolgo (1 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I like this story really its very interested for read .

http://nitricoxidereview.blog.co.uk/
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@Newten said:

@secretzfan: Well it's obvious they'll go back to the Soul Society at some point, that hardly makes this a redux. This doesn't feel particularly like the first Bleach arc to me at all.This doesn't feel particularly like the first Bleach arc to me at all.

true to that
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel