Weekly Bleach: Chapter 453

Topic started by GodLen on June 26, 2011. Last post by secretzfan 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Ichigo is finished with his training and received a brand new bad ass outfit with a brand new sword; everything is coming up Milhouse! However, once Ichigo was aloud to go home and chill with his family, he was welcomed by a very unwelcomed guest, Tsukishima. Ichigo’s sisters tell him that Tsukishima is actually Ichigo’s cousin, but is that really the truth? Will this be a happy family reunion?

THE GOOD

It becomes apparent really quickly that Ichigo’s not related to his arch enemy Tsukishima, and this is indeed his fullbring power, to alter the memories of people. Now that my friends is a very broken power, much like Aizen’s before it. Not only did he use this power on Ichigo’s family, but his high school friends we never see anymore as well. This naturally angers Ichigo, and he pushes Tsukishima around like a play toy. This pisses everyone off and they all wonder what made Ichigo go crazy enough to attack his own "cousin" and "friend".

Loosing his own mind Ichigo escapes, and finds his old boss Ikumi who happened to be driving down the street. She takes him back to her place, and they get cozy, cozy enough for Tsukishima to pick him up again. Ichigo is going crazy at this point, but Ginjo is even more shaken up. It appears that Tsukishima “got” all of their comrades.

THE BAD

Ichigo you need to stop running around and take this boy’s head off! Just give me the sword and I’ll do it! Actually this chapter was excellent, and I really couldn’t find any fault, only that Ichigo might now have to take out Chad.

THE VERDICT 4/5

I really enjoyed this chapter, giving Tsukishima this power was a good idea. Kubo is great at giving his enemies these broken powers that seem to be undefeatable, I mean seriously how do you fight a man who can change your memories? Perhaps Batman knows. Either way Ichigo might have to fight through his family to get to Tsukishima now.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Man, I bet Ichigo's friends & family probably thinks he is on drugs or something.

Post by Lurkero (417 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Batman always has a plan.

And I wonder how long Tsuki will be the main villain. That power will get annoying really fast. He just got Aizen'd.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,296 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Ichigo really lost it this chapter, I haven't seen him that shaken up in... maybe ever? He really needs to get his head on straight. Then again I suppose he'd had his head messed with a bit in the last few chapters, so maybe he was bound to snap.

Really good chapter... I don't think I saw Isshin in it, so maybe Tsukishima didn't get him, I think it's time Ichigo teams up with his dad again. Kubo really needs to get him back in the story, this whole arc originally centred around Isshin and Urahara and we've hardly seen them at all.

Ikumi sure knows how to calm a guy down. I found that bit pretty funny.

Oh yeah, where the hell are the Shinigami?! As if they would be ignoring Karakura town after everything that's happened. They would have known something was up several chapters ago. Seems kind of ridiculous to me that they haven't popped down for a visit yet. I hope they have a good reason for not trying to help.

Post by zaldar (1,298 posts) See mini bio Level 15
hmm so why doesn't he just mess with ichigo memories?  Yeah definitely a broken power...
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 17
this was Stepford creepy at some points. unfortunately, Tsukishimais headed into Aizen-broken territory with that move, but this was still a good chapter, considering the one thing that riles up Ichigo is to see his friends and family in danger, and what hurts him the most is that practically ALL his friends and family are in danger, and he can't do a thing to help them.
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I find something to be very weird about Ginjou's appearance. It feels... off. wrong. like its a setup.  

@Newten said:

Ichigo really lost it this chapter, I haven't seen him that shaken up in... maybe ever? He really needs to get his head on straight. Then again I suppose he'd had his head messed with a bit in the last few chapters, so maybe he was bound to snap.

Really good chapter... I don't think I saw Isshin in it, so maybe Tsukishima didn't get him, I think it's time Ichigo teams up with his dad again. Kubo really needs to get him back in the story, this whole arc originally centred around Isshin and Urahara and we've hardly seen them at all.

Ikumi sure knows how to calm a guy down. I found that bit pretty funny.

Oh yeah, where the hell are the Shinigami?! As if they would be ignoring Karakura town after everything that's happened. They would have known something was up several chapters ago. Seems kind of ridiculous to me that they haven't popped down for a visit yet. I hope they have a good reason for not trying to help.

Since nothing unusual has really happened (its not like all these people are walking around like zombies) I imagine Soul Society doesn't realize anything is wrong yet.  
@InfiniteGeass said:
EFFING HILARIOUS. 
Post by secretzfan (238 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@InfiniteGeass said:
Got tooo learn how u do this
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel