Weekly Bleach: Chapter 451

Topic started by GodLen on June 9, 2011. Last post by zaldar 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Things started to heat up on the last page of Bleach’s last chapter. In one brutal move, Ginjo slashes across Ichigo’s face, slicing open both of his eyes. With this Ichigo must fight 100% or die 100%, and Inoue can’t help him this time. Will this be enough to push Ichigo over the edge, or will Kubo end Bleach here grabbing the award for most troll like ending ever?

THE GOOD

Man that would be really awesome if Kubo just ended it here. Ichigo is dead, Ginjo breaks out Aizen from prison, and Gin finds all the horcruxes--bad guys win game over. But alas we continue on, but that’s not a bad thing because even though this chapter was light on story, it was heavy on action. Without any eyes, Ichigo can’t fight worth shit. He is afraid, and feels betrayed, he understands that he should have never trusted Ginjo in the first place.

Inoue can not do anything to help him either, for she is in an unbreakable video game cage. Ginjo confesses that this was all his plan from the beginning, and that once they entered this world victory was his. Ichigo then takes a beating, a really bad beating. I don’t think he has ever been beaten this badly. After being stabbed multiple times and knocking on death’s door, Ginjo says he is going to kill Chad and Inoue. This of course sets things in motion internally within Ichigo, allowing him to see Ginjo’s retsu. With that he transforms into something that resembles his shinigami robes. After that things explode, Ginjo gets stabbed, and everything is back to normal. Ginjo explains that this was all a ruse to get him to use his fullbring power.

THE BAD

Other than Ichigo looking like some kind of referee, I wasn’t too upset with this chapter.

THE VERDICT 4/5

I guess Ichigo is halfway there now that he has awakened his full fullbring power. Now all he has to do is get his shinigami powers back and everyone will be happy. Mainly because we will get to see Kenpachi again.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I still don't really get his fullbring powers. And do the others still intend on giving Ichigo their fullbring powers on top of his own and his shinigami powers?

I kind of just want to see Inoue all drool-faced chasing after doughnuts at this point. I hardly feel like I'm following the plot at all any more.

I did think this chapter and the last with Ichigo getting his eyes slashed open and then getting beaten to near death was cool though, we haven't seen him take a beating like that in a long time.

Post by howlingwolf1660 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 10
omg i havent been updated on bleach in so long!! arg i have to cauch up on my reading
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,289 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Fullbring's powers are really feeling like Territory's powers from Yu Yu Hakusho :(

Post by zaldar (1,275 posts) See mini bio Level 15
good lord so ichigo is going to get even more powerful....wonder if he is going to be captain of the 13 court guard squads...it all most seems like he will be able to take on the old one soon...
Post by jarf2 (49 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@zaldar said:
good lord so ichigo is going to get even more powerful....wonder if he is going to be captain of the 13 court guard squads...it all most seems like he will be able to take on the old one soon...
no one can take on yamamoto
Post by zaldar (1,275 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I don't know with all the fullbring powers and the power he has now...it wasn't yamamoto that beat Aizen afterall..
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel