Weekly Bleach: Chapter 444

Topic started by GodLen on April 16, 2011. Last post by Hirako_Fan 3 years, 3 months ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
Ichigo is trying really, really hard to get his old powers back. Currently he is training in a fishtank with a girl who gets stronger accordingly to how dirty her boots are; this is why we love you Kubo. In the last chapter Ichigo has finally lost his kiddy wheels, and decided to launch an attack of his own. Could this be a start to a new Ichigo?

THE GOOD

It appears as if Ichigo’s current jump in abilities is due to the idea that he has fought so many people that his subconscious combat ability had reawakened during this fight. The scream we saw in the last chapter was actually Jackie screaming out to Ichigo because his badge seemed to explode in his hand, enveloping him in darkness; a Zangetsu type of darkness if you know what I mean. His arm becomes covered with this stuff, which concerns Jackie. She wants to end the fight, but Ichigo will have nothing of it and continues to battle.

Chad confronts Ginjou about Tsukishima’s fullbring power. He is concerned about Orihime’s memory loss and believe Tsukishima’s power might evolve an aspect of that or thought manipulation. Ginjou states that can’t be true because all he knows is that his fullbring power is just a really sharp sword. But to double check, they have to see how Ishida is doing, because if he has memory loss than perhaps Tsukishima does have this power. Though Ginjou could have been stabbed, and had his memory tampered with as well, so who knows.

Well, Tsukishima knows, and he decided to drop in on the crew. First order of business was to slice the fish tank that held Ichigo. Which unfortunately for Tsukishima, revealed a Ichigo with shinigami powers! FUCK YEAH!

THE BAD

I hope Tsukishima doesn’t have those powers, because that would make him too much like Aizen, and we don’t need another Aizen.

THE VERDICT 4/5

Yes! Ichigo has his powers back, or mostly back. Either way I can smell an impending ass kicking!
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I'm worried, something tells me that that isn't Ichigo with his powers back. But a cruel, cruel lie instead.

I can only hope i'm wrong.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20
No, it's a trick. It has to be. We've wanted to see Ichigo get his powers back for far too long. I'm not falling for it Kubo! YOU HEAR ME?!

That, or they'll only partly be back, and he'll have to work at it to get back to how he was, Metroid Prime style.
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
If this is only a step forward, then thats great and fine, but if he truly has his powers back, things are about to get really interesting again. Can't wait to see what Soul Society is like now, and how they will react to Ichigo's return.
Post by DH69 (29 posts) See mini bio Level 7

im hoping that tsukishima's ability to "cut through anything" really stress' the anything, taking a more metaphorical stance like being able to sever memories, or cut through space stuff like that.

Or tsukishima could just be another one of aizens flunkies and orihime got brainwashed back in los noches so she'll work with him, really hoping its the first one and not this.

Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@DH69: Yeah, that's what i was thinking, it would certainly make a lot of sense and keep everything from getting confusing.
@DH69: I follow with the memories, but if he starts ripping holes in dimensions, then Bleach gets even closer to being a Yu Yu Hakusho ripoff. 
Post by vergilius (147 posts) See mini bio Level 13
My own theory is that Orihime's current idiosyncrasies are a result of whatever happened to her when she was in Hueco Mundo.

Then again, they might just leave that plot thread dangling inexplicably for years, kind of like we still have no idea what happened to Nel. Then again, we have seen plot points come back from years past to bit us before...see Isshin Kurosaki vs. Grand Fisher, for example.
Post by zaldar (1,237 posts) See mini bio Level 15
heh so he got all his old powers back?  To bad was hoping for some new powers.  Ah well will be interesting to see what it is like when they animate this.
Post by Hirako_Fan (1,043 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@AgentJ: how is ripping holes in dimesion makes Bleach   a Yuyu hakusho rip off?

especially when several animes have chars that can do that and if bleach does that makes it a rip off?
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Hirako_Fan said:
" @AgentJ: how is ripping holes in dimesion makes Bleach   a Yuyu hakusho rip off?especially when several animes have chars that can do that and if bleach does that makes it a rip off? "
No, he said "Even closer to being a Yu Yu rip off"
As in their are an odd number of similarities to a show that predates it by 11 years.
@rein said:
" @Hirako_Fan said:
" @AgentJ: how is ripping holes in dimesion makes Bleach   a Yuyu hakusho rip off?especially when several animes have chars that can do that and if bleach does that makes it a rip off? "
No, he said "Even closer to being a Yu Yu rip off"As in their are an odd number of similarities to a show that predates it by 11 years. "
Yeah, that. 
It is not meant to be a knock on either series, because I'm a big fan of both. 
Post by Hirako_Fan (1,043 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@AgentJ:Sorry  i miss understood your Statement  i thought you were claiming that it was a YYH Rip off
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel